TWIN AIR CAN SUCK MY BALLZ!!!!!

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

hoofarted wrote:
Danny knows the creamy mess all to well... :?

:lol:
I dont think he sees it much, it usually gets consumed straight from the source... :wink:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

M.F.D.B. wrote:
hoofarted wrote:
Danny knows the creamy mess all to well... :?

:lol:
I dont think he sees it much, it usually gets consumed straight from the source... :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

eeeeewwwww
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Last edited by glen howell on December 24th, 2009, 3:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
thestuz

Re: filter facs

Post by thestuz »

glen howell wrote:HOT soapy water, Let it soak about 1/2 hour in hot soapy water shaking it back and forth till it's clean,Then rinse well in hot water. This applies to both K&N and UNI fliters shake out till dry ,Don't use compessed air it can cause damage to either filter !! Then immerse in light wt.oil 10w or 20w let it stay in oil 10 min. Then take out and hang up let it hang where all extra oil can drip off overnite.It's nice to have extra filters so you can have a new one for each ride. I also recommend socks over each filter whether it be K&N or UNI. Then put the extra filters in plastic bags for later use.
hell,that sounds like it would take 1 hour to do your filters? let alone hang them over night. i have 3 filters and i do them all at once too. but im still a big fan of using petrol to clean them. it usually takes me 20 mins to have all 3 cleaned /oiled and ready to run. i do it in a well ventilated area of course. use 1 litre for the initial clean. then a fresh litre for the final clean,let it dry for 20 mins and WOLLAH!! shes done. i used to use a high weight oil 80-90 and blot it out with a clean rag but now i use spray oil and massage it in with latex gloves. works a treat :wink:
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
john stu

Post by john stu »

twin air filters suck? are you guys serious? when i bought my 1992 cr250 brand new i bought 6 twin air filters to go along with it then when i sold the bike i kept the filters and used them in my 1995 cr250 then i sold that bike and again kept the same filters and used them in my 2002 cr250 then i sold that bike and again kept the same filters and bought my 2005 service honda cr500af and im still using the same twin air filters from 1992! i know you not susposed to but i clean my filters in gas then wash them in soap and water to get the gas off them, and they look perfect no where is the glue comming apart and ive never seized a bike or even had any problems with dirt/sand getting by the filter and i love to ride in sand/silt............i never switched to another brand filter because these twin air filters have been awesome i used to run uni's before 1992 and they were great but big in the air box

bel ray pour on filter oil is awsome!
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

i just looked at an twin air and decided there would never be one in my bike....
im sold on moose filters,
uni looks good, well see if its a pain to clean before i decide if i like it

seen more than 1 ripped twin air, and it wasnt very old
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

john stu wrote:twin air filters suck?
Sorry dude I call BS...

Unless you ride once a year NO filter is going to last that long especially if you are using gas as a cleaner. I ride every weekend and use proper cleaners and wear out filters every year or two...
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

Shit I use gas to clean my filters and have had them for 2yeArs. Granted I have 3 filters but still. Filters are cheap to replace motors however are not!!!!
john stu

Post by john stu »

M.F.D.B. wrote:
john stu wrote:twin air filters suck?
Sorry dude I call BS...

Unless you ride once a year NO filter is going to last that long especially if you are using gas as a cleaner. I ride every weekend and use proper cleaners and wear out filters every year or two...

if you dont do a really good job of washing "all" the gas off the filter with soap and water after cleaning with gas they wont last for shit..........and i do have like 7-8 filters so they dont get used much (i have so many bacause i hate cleaning them so if you have a lot of filters atleast you dont have to do it very often)