new mustang

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
dannygraves

new mustang

Post by dannygraves »

so, I took Seth to karate and decided to walk around a little, got myself a starbucks and walked across the street to the ford dealer where I bought my truck to buy another bottle of motorcraft cetene booster. well, on my way I run into my hommie Brandon who sold me my truck. We BS for a while and I tell him about how my friend Jason wants to get a new FIVEOOOHHHH. So he goes "hey, have you driven the new 412hp 5.0?" and I got "yeah, everyday :roll: " so he laughs and says, "hey follow me"

so we hop in a 5.0 6spd w/the brembo brakes and sport suspension and he hands me the keys and says "lets go for a ride"
So, I do about 80 up the alley to Ann rd, then break the backend loose turning onto Ann, then I rev the bitch out in 3rd, hammer into second and drift around the corner to rainbow, get it over 100 in 4th (he is gripping the door panel pretty hard the whole time). We turned up rancho , have some fun with some banked exit turning and then I took it back and parked it.

HOLY SHIT this car is BADASS. I'm no stranger to quick cars, and I have never driven a stock car that performed like that, you could buy it and leave it the fuck alone.
The motor performes like that of a sport bike in that it just keeps pulling all the way up to its 8500rpm redline. Its liek someone welded 8 of my zawi motors together! it has very strnog torque off the line, a very linear powerband and if very controlable while still allowing you to break the backend loose with a quick foot adjustment at any time! the handling and braking were unbelievable and it feels very light. If I were blindfolded I would have never guessed I was in a mustang, it drives like a fucking vette that has had some work done. If I had an extra $40k laying around, I'd be all over it.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

The new 5.0 is bad fukin ass :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

britincali wrote:The new 5.0 is bad fukin ass :cool: :cool: :cool:
dddduuuuudddddeeee I haven't been able to whipe the grin off since!
While I was flying down rainbow I was all "dude, my wife is gonna be so pissed at you" and he goes "why, thinking about trading in her expedition on one?" I go, "shit, if I could find a way to justify this as a good family car, you fucken know I would"
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Now imagine spending the same cash and getting a bigger engine and IRS not to mention waaayyy less ugly!... :cool:

On "Super Car Shootout" they ran a 1000hp Turbo Camaro against a 1000hp Blown Shitstaing, the Camaro with stock brakes out braked the Shitstaing that had bigger rotors and aftermarket (Brembo I think) calipers! The Shitstang had more power (this has to do with the tuner, not F*RD since they were both 1000hp ish) but the Camaro smoked it on the track do to the IRS... :cool:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Yeah, but the Camaro is still GM aka government motors...no thank you. :lol:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

the ugly part I have to agree with, but if you were looking at a daily driver, every review I read said the mustang was more comfortable with better visibility and overall driveability.
not to say I am going to go buy one, but I am tipping my hat to ford on that motor, the performance was incredible and it rivals the camaro while maintaining 1.2 liters less displacement. its funny because the displacement would be the same if you added 2 more cylinders to the mustang.
I have no brand loyalty, but every GM I have had has been a pos and every ford I have had has been an ok car. At the same time, if GM were going to sell me a grand new '10 diesel for 35k and not ford I would have jumped on it, same goes for dodge.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

I still wouldnt drive a huge black dildo even if it was the fastest best cornering "thing" on the road. The mustang is 2nd in line as the ugliest vehicle produced since 2000 right behind your truck! :lol:

It may make a ton of power for 1.2L less but it is also a qwad overhead cam veriable valve timing super expensive complex motor compared to the tried and true comparitively very simple pushrod LS series GM motor. Put qwad cams and VVT in the LS-3 and see how badly it smokes the new Shitstaing... :wink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

You know, as close of friends as we are, your brand loyalty cracks me up some times. I still remember when you said you'd take a honda generator over an onan, just because honda was your brand then. Much the same way you love your GM.
I have no brand loyalty, I go based of the numbers/reviews, much like how I bought a kawi because the numbers and reviews told me it was the best deal and I couldn't be happier.
heres an article for your reading pleasure ;)
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/cou ... index.html

you can skip to page 6 if you get bored :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

This is funny:
"the Mustang feels like a scalpel; the Camaro a hammer." Loh concurs "The Camaro feels like a concept car or a toy. Fun in a big plastic Lego blocks kinda way..."
and...
"The Mustang feels like a real car -- mature, adult, grown up, but still fun and sexy." "Snickety gearbox -- is this a Honda?! Love the positive action and short throws." "Very nice. Lots of stick, well-balanced grip. Just world's more fun than the similarly fast but far more massive Chevy."
Sorry to spoil it....but....
CONCLUSIONS?

The galloping-away winner this time out is the Ford Mustang GT. It's simply the one pony car most of us covet, and it's the one that hews closest to the original concept of a lightweight (they weren't called draft-horse cars, after all), nimble body and chassis choc-full-o' V-8 muscle. You can see out of it, you get a nice view of the hood and the driving line you're trying to trace, and the engine sounds better than the radio.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

the shifting and clutch were awesome, the clutch was light and smooth and the shifting was very short throw, and tight and positive, like you could hammer it through the gears but it felt positive without being notchy. I actually described it to Sara last night like a light, tight handling hi reving import with the ground pounding grunt of a v8.
Its the only car I have ever driven thet felt like it needed no improvements, no need for exhaust, no need for bigger sway bars, or better struts, or bigger brakes, etc etc. you could leave this car alone and just drive the shit out of it.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Now imagine spending the same cash and getting a bigger engine and IRS not to mention waaayyy less ugly!... :cool:

On "Super Car Shootout" they ran a 1000hp Turbo Camaro against a 1000hp Blown Shitstaing, the Camaro with stock brakes out braked the Shitstaing that had bigger rotors and aftermarket (Brembo I think) calipers! The Shitstang had more power (this has to do with the tuner, not F*RD since they were both 1000hp ish) but the Camaro smoked it on the track do to the IRS... :cool:

Whoaaaa cowboy. Camaro less ugly???????????
It looks like a retard from the Attack of the Machines. Looks like something R2D2 would drive.
The 69 Camaro may have been the styling cues, they missed it badly. Talk about fugly.
Not to mention the low roof line, bad visiblity, heavy undersprung feeling.
Yes, I have driven a SS. I was quite underimpressed.
Then I left and got into a real performance car, GT 500.

AND THE FORD / CHEVY SAGA CONTINUES.......................
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Mad Dog wrote: Then I left and got into a real performance car, GT 500

Very :cool: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

The new Shitstaing must be a HUUUUUUGGGE improvement over the mid 2000's I drove which was a POS and if the Camaro has worse visibility than you must be litterally blind while driving it because I couldnt see SHIT out of the Mustystang. It isnt brand loyalty at all, or I would be on here trying to tell you to buy a Rhino! HAHAHA I havnt driven the new Camaro or Rustang (newer than mid 2000's that is) but I have watched several shows comparing them. The camaro was a bit heavier and a little less power (2 TENTHS in the 1/4) but the handling was better (IRS) and the looks, you must be blind if you think the new Shitstaing looks better than the Camaro or Challenger (a total POS btw)...

I wouldnt own a Rustang newer than the 60's and even then id prolly put an LS/6-speed combo in it, in fact I almost traded my street bike for a 69 fastback not to long ago with the intentions of doing an LS-1/T56 out of a Cam/Bird/Vette...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

I watched that video. You kidding me? The Challenger and Camaro have the same laterall G as a few year old Viper (pretty F'n good) and the Mustystaing has the poorest laterall of the 3 when the Ugly Challenger weighs 3-5 HUNDRED pounds more???

They scored the Camaro lower because of a steering wheel and shifter that were to "THICK" r u friggin kidding me? LOL Who the hell gives a shit about that? The one and only "legit" negative they spoke about was the visibility, which from sitting in the car isnt as bad as they make it out to be. I have sat in a mid 2000 Shitstaing and ill say it was TERRIBLE visibility wise so they must have made a huge improvement.

The biggest thing they gave the Shitstaing was the best EPA fuel economy? Who the hell buys a muscle car for fuel economy?

Those guys have lost what little respect I ever had for their opinion...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

well... in spite of the lateral Gs the rustang got the best time on their road coarse
they are only motortrend, what do they know after all... :roll:

Trying to be as unbiased as possible I have to tell you, I'd be more likely to buy a mustang or challenger srt8 than a camaro. the challenger sounds more refined and I honestly think its the best looking of the 3 hands down and the mustangs fit and finish are great, the car drives like a fucking dream and my coworker with a new ss gets his doors blown off all day long by everything on the road due to that shitty gearing. I think the one huge redeaming quality of the camaro is the time tested new LS motor, but I really like how ford is using technology to make a better car rather than using displacement and gearing to get the numbers while complying to the EPA. Maybe your dirtbike should have pushrods and 2 valves and 700cc of displacement, I bet it would really kick ass then.

mustang FTW! JMO
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

my buddy has the standard trans out of his challenger with 3000kms on it
britincali

Post by britincali »

dannygraves wrote: the challenger sounds more refined

Anyone that reports that is on crack, the 300/challenger/charger are all on the same chassis and its junk, the steering is vague and they understeer and wander when pushed in the twisties, the brakes on the non SRT8 models are a fukin liability.

Ive driven lots of SRT8s and while they are fast as fuk the handling and steering feedback can be rivaled by any tractor.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

You obviously havnt seen the Mentally Challenger up close, the build quality is laughable... :roll:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Im loyal to Dodge and think the Challenger is the best looking out. But I have a new found love for the new gt350 Its amazing
-Jake

M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

I think the Challenger is the closest looking to the original. But that being said I really wish GM had the balls to bring the Camaro back as a near exact copy of the original 69...

They would be selling them as fast as they hit the lots...

Same for the Rustystang...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

While the challenger is pretty sharp looking, i wouldnt have one up my ass sideways after having had many experiences with a "10" dodge charger with the RT V/8. it moved out OK in first.....after that it was fairly unimpressive....torque management kicked in when it shifted 2nd, and the "pull" never came back like it had in first. not to mention all the weak front end components (cradle and control arms)......its a 2010, and small potholes bend the SHIT out of the control arms......you think they would have addressed that issue by now.....
as for Chevrolet.....the camaro is pretty sharp too, but again.....not for me.
the new mustangs are awesome looking, and the new 5.0 is a badass motor. ive been wondering when a V8 built with new technology would come out.....bout time.

but seriously.....does Dodge or GM have a car out of the factory, or after-marketed out to almost any limit, have a vehicle that will come close to this on a track? i dont think so.

2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

I had a WS6 TA that was fast as fuk. My built 2000 GT is much more fun to drive, my built 89 LX and built 94 GT are even more fun. Granted the 2000 and 89 aren't as fast, but they are a helluva a lot more fun. The 89 has the most torque of any of them. There are some guys in my stang club with new GT's, Roush stage 3's, and home built cars (twin turbo for example) that would smoke pretty much anything. That new GT is a badass car that's super comfortable as a dd.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

as much as i am a ford guy...i wouldnt have a fox body stuffed up my ass. the black mustang is sexy, the blue one is sharp.....but i have a soft spot in my heart for firebirds/TA's.......i love the look.

and every mustang i have ever heard has a very distinct sound you can pick out from a mile away. I wonder if that new 5.0 will have the "mustang" sound.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

Its liek someone welded 8 of my zawi motors together!
id be having nightmares about rebuilding the thing

im looking at a 2-71 detroit to put in my ford ranger, because that would be sweet, and turbo it obviously
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

NightBiker07 wrote:as much as i am a ford guy...i wouldnt have a fox body stuffed up my ass. the black mustang is sexy, the blue one is sharp.....but i have a soft spot in my heart for firebirds/TA's.......i love the look.

and every mustang i have ever heard has a very distinct sound you can pick out from a mile away. I wonder if that new 5.0 will have the "mustang" sound.
it did have a mustang sound. much the same way the fox body 5.0 and sn95 modular motors sounded different, but both sounded like mustangs, this still sounds like a mustng, but IMO sounds better than a sn95, but few things sound better than the original 5.0 fox.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80