unabiker rad guards

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
2strokeforever

unabiker rad guards

Post by 2strokeforever »

since this part of the site died :? im going to review almost everything i get
so i got a pair of unabiker rad guards because there the strongest looking i have ever seen,
and they work good, i acidently tested them 1st day with them
i was trying to go over a bunch of logs and ended up doing a wheelie on top of a log, then fell downhill and the radiator hit a 6" round stump (and took all the hit) :shock:
i thought i destroyed the rad and guards and possibly the frame tabs, but all i did was bend the rad guards 1/2"

i no i forgot to tighten the top rad bolt

my rads were bent before i installed them so it took a bit of wrestling to bolt them up, if your rads are straight they only throw your shrouds out about a 1/16 of an inch, but my rads are mashed so they throw the shrouds out 1/4 inch each

i also mounted my 120mm fan in between the rad and guards because it seemed like it blew more air but all the blades broke off because when the guards vibrated and the fan blade wiggled foreward it hit aparently, i couldnt get the blades to hit while testing with the bike off, so if you mount fans in front give them a bit of room

completly off topic but is the 18" M5B tougher than the 19" because i love the traction of the M5B but heres what it looked like after 4 weekends, i do ride friday, saturday, and sunday tho

do teraflexes last long because id rather deal with tire gyro than no traction, most of my riding is slow so the extra gyro when im in first would be less than a lighter tire going twice as fast because its bald
i do wind her out tho... look at pic

i have a 18" excel rim/spokes, spoke torque wrench, tubliss, and D952 on the way :D
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

impressive tire wear
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:impressive tire wear
He can flip it around and get at least two more rides out of it! :lol:
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

impressive tire wear
when it was 1/4 tread left i practiced drifting on fire roads for quite a bit,
im hoping the 140/90/18 is tougher, also with 18 psi not much of the tire touched, so hopefully my tubliss will help with that
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish