Damn, I'm a prick

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
bigpower

Damn, I'm a prick

Post by bigpower »

Sooooo, a couple a months ago, after about 6 months of shitty service from the bank that I've been doin biz with for years, I decided to close my accounts and switch banks. Seems like a simple thing to do, right or wrong, right?

Well, yesterday I get this letter in the mail stating that all my accounts are overdrawn, and that I have 15 days to bring all my accounts to a positive balance, or they will be forced to close my accounts and refer them to their fraud prevention and investigative services department and/or their collection agency.

Go figure

All the paperwork I had to sign, FEE's I had to pay, hell, they kept 10 bux from my savings account and I get this in the mail.

So I called em today.

We went round and around, and the lady on the phone says, "hey, you're right, you DID close your accounts three months ago".

To which my reply was "Is there any doubt as to why I don't do business with your bank anymore".
There was a loooonnnngggg silence.

So how much did you say I owe before you turn me over to the collection agency was the next question. "Well, sir, I guess nothing" was the reply.
"No, c'mon" I said, "I gotta owe you something, you folks would never be the kind of idiotic morons that would send a letter threatening FRAUD and COLLECTION if I didn't owe you something, right"?
She tells me that statement wasn't very nice or professional, so I told her that the letter wasn't either.

Sure I'll be getting another letter in a week or so from the collection agency.

To think, I had to pay them to get MY MONEY.

What a country.........
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

As I have learned, (Thank you very much Mr IRS agent).

Once the Currency has been deposited into an account. The person making said deposit mearly has a claim against it.

It would of been more fun to let it ride and let them take you to court over it. Oh sure you may get a headache or two, but in the end it would of cost the bank way more to take you to court. :wink:
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Just wait the big plan is to get every one using plastic. In the very near future they will only allow you to withdraw from your account or close it by means of a plastic chipped card. Should they percieve any problem they just turn the switch off on your card. People are like cattle they only see the carrot dangling in front of there face, not the end results.

Thats why airmiles and other points gimmicks are in place, it is to teach the public that nice warm fuzzy feeling of a cashlees world.