Fatboy suspension

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

straight trade. I backed out on you because I got talked out of having 2 5 hundi.

I will pay cash for sure.

I can shoot u a parts list if you want. And then we can go from there?

Custom springs....pish let's be honest I'm not a pro that needs the best of the best... I think I will be fine with the set up we talked about
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

2003 Cr250r, 97cr500 motor

Black excels rims 20" front, 18" rear
Heavy duty spoke kit front & rear

I would like some hubs but they are a pretty penny, might get my stockers turned down and polished.

Brp 20mm offset triple clamps
With sub mount damper option

Flexx bars 10 degree moto standard height 92mm rise? 

Lowboy pegs

Sdg tall seat

Magura hydro clutch

Wave rotors front & rear

Race tech suspension
Forks .52 
Shock 6.0
Gold valves

that's it so far.
Hopefully you can get me some prices and then we can go from there
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Ryanjohnson86 wrote:
straight trade. I backed out on you because I got talked out of having 2 5 hundi.
Is that the one that was "stored" near Mount Charleston?
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

Yeah that's me. I'm that prick. I was dowm but what am I going to do with two 500s. Honestly?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Ryanjohnson86 wrote:
Custom springs....pish
You guys are funny......
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

Why is me not wanting custom wound springs funny?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

'Cause MFDB wants to fight to the death over the .59's as their the only way to go.... finds out you have to order them.... then immediatly rolls over to say fuck it... go with whatever he can off the shelf.

If you go back through this sites history... theres a looooooong trail of reversals, mis-quotes, "reviews" of products he's never used, and other nonsense.

This is just another chapter.

He dosent even ride a 500.

We keep him around as he's a good guy.

Shit like this is just typical "MFDB".

No "real" suspension company uses Gold Valves.... as their is no magic in them. The build sheet is what your really buying for the $400.

I'm cheap. I'd get the .53's, drain and refill the forks with some heavier (10wt.)oil and add a little volume up the the maximum level to firm things up.

You might find its all you need. If you dont you had to buy the springs anyways... and your out $10 for the oil.

http://www.bobscycle.com/browse.cfm/4,9 ... AFF=690FGL

Big deal.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

AlisoBob wrote: 'Cause MFDB wants to fight to the death over the .59's as their the only way to go.... finds out you have to order them.... then immediatly rolls over to say fuck it... go with whatever he can off the shelf.
I never said that. His best bet is to get custom wound springs but he doesnt seem willing to do that so I offered an alternative using the stiffest non custom springs available...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
AlisoBob wrote:If you go back through this sites history... theres a looooooong trail of reversals, mis-quotes, "reviews" of products he's never used, and other nonsense.
1. This site only exists because you got banned for what you "claim" that I do. This "back pedalling" you say I do is just your way of coping with not knowing everything there is to know about everything. You like to quote only bits and peices to cloud the water about what was truly said.

2. I never lie and give "reviews" on products ive "never used" I state whether it is my personal experience or reliable info from someone I trust with more experience. Look through this thread and you will see proof of that without having to do any "searches".
AlisoBob wrote:He dosent even ride a 500.
So that means I don’t know shit and you are the only one who does. I have better equipped and better setup, better performing bikes than my Steelie 500 that I ride every weekend. BooHoo
AlisoBob wrote:We keep him around as he's a good guy.
Well stop doing me "favors" then. Cuz with friends like you I don’t need enemies...
AlisoBob wrote:Shit like this is just typical "BOB the Asshole".
FIXED
AlisoBob wrote:No "real" suspension company uses Gold Valves.... as their is no magic in them. The build sheet is what your really buying for the $400.
This coming from a guy who says to put stiffer springs in to combat "bottoming too much" and LAUGHS at using "clickers" instead...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
AlisoBob wrote:I'm cheap. I'd get the .53's, drain and refill the forks with some heavier (10wt.)oil and add a little volume up the the maximum level to firm things up.

You might find its all you need. If you don’t you had to buy the springs anyways... and your out $10 for the oil.
Practice what you preach, tell people suspension will make you faster than any engine mod (then in the same breath tell them to be cheap like you and half ass it) and tell them why you have an AF to begin with...come on tell them Wook...You dont want to be a "back peddler" like me do you????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What bike did you ride that’s awesome handling showed you how important new technology in suspension makes and single handily convinced you to "AF" your first AF... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Over the last few years ive done all I could to make things cool between us. Ive invited you into my home and camp more than once, I really appreciated the food and gas you have given us and after all that you revert back to your original self that got you "banned" in the first place. Whos pulling a "Facher" now?

You truly are fuggin amazing... :itsok: :itsok: :itsok: :itsok: :itsok: :itsok: :itsok:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

M.F.D.B. wrote: Practice what you preach, tell people suspension will make you faster than any engine mod (then in the same breath tell them to be cheap like you and half ass it) and tell them why you have an AF to begin with...come on tell them Wook...You dont want to be a "back peddler" like me do you????

I do pracitice what I preach... I just dont throw stupid money at things that dont need it. I'm just not into the "trick of the week" as some are. This isnt My First Dirt Bike. Like I said before, if this guy resprings it and goes up on the oil viscosity and volume it might me what he's looking for.

Adjusting the viscosity and level are not half assed "Fixes"... its what suspension tuners do all the time. Its just not "Blingy" enough for you and dosent come with a cool sticker for your toolbox.

MFDB wrote:
You truly are fuggin amazing...
Thank you for noticing.

I dont see anything has changed between us. I dont care if you agree with me or not in this thread and this dude can make his own choices on what to do. Its all just dirtbike stuff.

I built my A/F from a CRF250X because it has very similar suspension geometry to your YZF that I rode and liked. Am I supposed to thank you or Yamaha for that?
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

M deffinatly not going to get custom wound springs. I think I will be fine with the .53.

WTF is going on here? Did I miss something? Cuz this is like world war III here. I just wanted some advice on the suspension set up not cause a bickering match that takes over the thread.

Can't we all just get along? Lmao

well thanks for the advise I will take it all for what it's worth.
And I will let you know how it does.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Ryanjohnson86 wrote:M deffinatly not going to get custom wound springs. I think I will be fine with the .53.

WTF is going on here? Did I miss something? Cuz this is like world war III here. I just wanted some advice on the suspension set up not cause a bickering match that takes over the thread.

Can't we all just get along? Lmao

well thanks for the advise I will take it all for what it's worth.
And I will let you know how it does.
This is just 4 year old drama taking full circle and starting up all over again. Bob and MFDB are both my homies, so I'm staying out of it. It is your bike, do what you want with it, I personally would run the .53 because I'm a cheep ass and impatient, but for your weight you really NEED to do something, the stock springs and valving are just dangerous for someone of your size.

If you do have Nick's old bike, good deal, dude, I built that motor ;) Just check the torque on all the bolts, Nick lost more bolts on the trail than brit! LOL
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

You built the motor? What was done to it? Did you rebuild the bottom end or just the top?

As far as the bolts... Let's just say locktite is my best friend lol
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

it chewed through 5th gear, that trans that is in it was my old trans that came in a super clean 1989 motor I had, the crank checked out fine, replaced all the bottomend and trans bearings and seals, he just had a new topend, so I just cleaned the bore and reassembeled. Nick replaced some waterpump parts after that because of a radiator problem. that motor is sold and stock, just minor porting, nothing crazy, with the right care it should run another 11 years on that bottomend.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

Damn no shit. That is the motor in question. The sob runs like a raped ape. I'm pretty particular about oil changers and shit like that. Some say it's over kill but fuckem I do what I do.

He said I something about one top end left on it b4 I have to sleeve it?
Top end still feels tits so I have I while b4 I need to do a top end.J
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

sounds right, 1.5mm over
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

It's got a 90mm in it now that leaves me with a 90.5 which I the last hoorah b4 sleving. Fuck i don't want to sleeve a motor when the time comes.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

na, if its 90mm, then you have 2 left, 90.5 and 91 They also used to sell them in .25 increments.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

the sleeve is no big deal, but ya i blows to have to do the work
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

Lmao if it's no big deAl Ima send it to you to re sleeve. Lol.
I got a ways b4 I need to do that.

So I decided to do the suspension with .53 springs and 6.0 rear with gold valves. I like that it makes it easier to do the shimming your self.

I am going to bump it up to a heavier fork oil 10w I think bob suggested.
Looking if the suspension is a dud Ima sell the bike and by a sweet atv for deer hunting lmao j/k
any ways it should work out just fine lke I said
I ride a box stock suspension so any kind of chang in the suspension is
way better than stock.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

sure thing, dooing it every day :wink:
actually i just got more sleeves from La Sleeve in thismorning :lol:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

these are mine, theres some customer ones here too and i bought one from artimous that hasnt arrived.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Ryanjohnson86 wrote: I am going to bump it up to a heavier fork oil 10w I think bob suggested.
Thats not a good idea, either do it the way Race Tech says to a "T" or do it the way Bob is recommending. Dont blend the two polar opposites together and then blame both of us when it doesnt work right. Playing with oil weights while sorting your suspenders is like playing with pre-mix ratios while you are jetting...
Ryanjohnson86 wrote:Yeah that's me. I'm that prick. I was dowm but what am I going to do with two 500s. Honestly?
It would have been nice had you just been honest instead of lying to me and telling me that you "sold it" some time after midnight and before I called you the next morning to meet up as planned. After all it was you that contacted me through my add and asked 2 million questions...

Obviously im not stupid and knew you didnt "sell it" in the middle of the night suddenly, even tho you didnt even have it listed for sale... :roll:

This raises a lot of red flags about the kind of person you are especially since the world of CR500's have been plagued by more than one guy who comes here and reaps the benefits of our hospitality than turns around and screws all of us for no apparent reason...

I truly hope you are not one of "those guys" (Facher, to name one)... :evil:

If you wernt going to "AF" the bike having 2 steelies if just fine for a guy your size. You could set one up for desert/trails/Single track, etc. and the other for Dunes, MX, etc. This is why I have 5 bikes in my garage. My MX bike (03 CR250), my trails, trials, single track bike (YZ450), my scare the shit out of noobs back up desert bike (CR500 which collects dust like Bob said) my girls trail bike (CR80 expert) and her Dune bike (CRF250)... :wink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

dude just loose 150lbs and your springs and valving will be bang on :lol:
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

M.F.D.B. wrote:
Ryanjohnson86 wrote: I am going to bump it up to a heavier fork oil 10w I think bob suggested.
Thats not a good idea, either do it the way Race Tech says to a "T" or do it the way Bob is recommending. Dont blend the two polar opposites together and then blame both of us when it doesnt work right. Playing with oil weights while sorting your suspenders is like playing with pre-mix ratios while you are jetting...
Hellz Ya......

:buddies:
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

I was honestly ready and willing to trade bikes. I asked you a million questions because I wanted to trade Honest truth. You and I know damn well your $3k 500 straight across for my $2k 250 was not going to happen. And I didn't have the money to bridge the gap. I put all new plastics and brand new bars on it so I could trade it for your bike. it was a total dick move to tell you I sold it. It was wrong of me to tell you that and for that I'm sorry. I told you that I couldn't justify having 2 500s and that's the whole reason I backed out. I can only ride one bike at a time. There on craigslist right now because I was going to sell them and buy a 450. But I decided if I was going to have 1 bike why not stick to the original plan I had when I first bought the 500. Build a 500af. So that's what I'm doing. Frame is getting moddified as we speek at the welder. You can think what ever you want about me that's fine. Just remember you never met me and you don't even know me. But do me a favor and don't ever fucking compare me to that scumbag fascher. I didn't take your money I didn't take your bike and promise you a conversion. I simply backed out of a meetting with you last minute because I didn't see a reason to have 2 seal framed 500s. Plain and simple. People change thief minds all the time man shit happens. It's human nature.

So like I said it is what it is. It's all good man I don't have any hard feelings. You can either hold a grudge or let it go man. It all good either way.