Fatboy suspension

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

I figured a heavier weight oil would make the new valving and spring combo better? Guess I was wrong

that's the hole point I'm on this site. To get as much knowledge from you guys to make my build go as smooth as possible!
Like I said I asked you for your help with my boingers and I told you I would pay cash when I order the parts through you. After I pay the welder and get the bike put back together. I intend to follow through with this. I just need the price quote on parts so I know what kind of money we are talking. Are we still on for the original plan or not? Just let me know.

I tried the hole weight loses thing. So far so good I used to weigh 383 now I'm don to 350 and change. Not bad ay? Slowly but surely I'm maken my way down to my goal of 280lbs. I will get there one day.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

I aint holding any grudges, im just the kind of person who tells it like it is and asks for nothing less in return. I dont take kindly to be called a dishonest person (like Bobs comments, not yours) I help out a metric fucking shit ton of people and give away literally HUNDREDS of dollars worth of gear I either purchased my self of was given by others, like a "pay it forward". I have been blessed by a well paying job that gives me a HUGE discount and im far from "stingy" with my hand me downs. One thing I wont do is help out anyone if I feel they are just taking advantage of my kindness or if they feel like I "owe it to them".

Take this as a simple explanation of my "character" and please dont take it the wrong way as im not accusing you of anything having not even met you in person.

Ill say this one more time since what I said in the past seems to have been unclear to others reading this thread:

MY OPINION is that in your case it is BEST to get fork springs custom wound for the recommended .60kg/mm and 6.3kg/mm shock spring, And do the Gold valves front and rear following EXACTLY what oil weight, level, etc. Race Tech recommends in your "$400 build sheet".

Doing the .52kg/mm and 6.9kg/mm springs was only a COMPROMISE we (myself and Race Tech) recommended if you were UNWILLING to have custom springs made.

That being said you are more than welcome to come by and Ill hook you up on the parts you need no matter what route you choose and I highly recommend you come out to the track this Friday and take my bike for a spin BEFORE you purchase anything. Again, my opinions are based on my personal experience having 3 bikes suspension done using Race Tech kits.

FYI Bob and myself have talked on the phone to clear up the misunderstandings we have had, all is well...
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

M.F.D.B. wrote: I dont take kindly to be called a dishonest person (like Bobs comments, not yours) .
My bad.....

That wasent the intent.
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

wow im glad i didnt buy that frame back!! you took that bike to sandy valley!!! that thing bottomed out on me when i got anythign more than 5' of air and your bigger than me!!

good luck with the conversion bud!
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

If I can get my buddy to ride I will be out there friday. But I flat out refuse to ride your bike, staight up. I don't know you other than talking to you on the forum, I appreciate the offer but until I get to know you maybe ride with you, I won't get on your bike. I'm just weird about this type of shit.

As for custom springs, b4 I even signed up to this forum I was bullshiting with a few shops about suspension and I was told that custom springs were going to cost me an arm and a leg that's why I say no to them.

If they are affordable and I don't have to give my left arm to get em I would do it. But from what I was told it's a bitch to order them and they are expensive.

The comprromise is way better than stock as it is but if I can get the recommended springs for a reasonable price then it's a win win baby
Last edited by Ryanjohnson86 on August 3rd, 2010, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

P.s. No one could ever give prices on custom springs either. Maybe they just didn't want to go threw the hassle to find out? They always told me we can't get springs for your wieght and they just recommended me the haviest ones rt offered.
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

@ ISBB lol it's all good baby. As long as you land on the down side of the jump and dont case it it's as smooth as silk. It not like I'm huckin triples on the damn thing. I never got out of second gear on the 500. The frame is still tits. The damn thing is a tank for sure it's a bitch to turn deffinatly a work out on a track but it was a blast for sure.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Ryanjohnson86 wrote:P.s. No one could ever give prices on custom springs either. Maybe they just didn't want to go threw the hassle to find out? They always told me we can't get springs for your wieght and they just recommended me the haviest ones rt offered.
Thats called "the easy way out" they just wanted your cash, they didnt care about it getting done "right". I will answer that question for you to the best of my abilities tomorrow...

AlisoBob wrote:
M.F.D.B. wrote: I dont take kindly to be called a dishonest person (like Bobs comments, not yours) .
My bad.....

That wasent the intent.
No worries...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

there was only one company i found that actually agreed to custom winding me springs for that bike but it was damn near double the price for pre done springs. If you try to get eibach to custom wind one they wont do it unless its a run of 1000 set minimum... there are places out there that WILL quote you a custom spring price i never went that way because it was too damned expensive.
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

I remember you telling me that about ebach.
That's a joke. Hopefully he can find some one that will do it for a reasonable price.

I still got that roller if you want it! I'm sure you can get a motor no problem. Let's make a deal and get it out of the garage and back into yours
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

its all good.. im content for now
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

these guys will custom wind whatever you want.

http://www.cannonracecraft.com/
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

And they wanted about 220 for the forksprings?
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Double the price aint bad, its not like they wear out every few months... :wink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

Well I guess it's reasonable but shit man they reall stick it to the fat guys on springs.

Good news is I can get the rear spring they actually make that.

What do the gold valves normally run?
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Love the drama guys. Seems like old times.
:argue: ... :bitchfight: ... :piss: ... :nutkick: ... :buddies:

I'm no guru for sure, every suspension book I have read suggests get the right springs and go from there.

Add up all the costs of what we do, the build, the prep, the rides and then think of the limited time we actually get to ride, an extra Benjamin for the cost of springs ain't spit.
(I'm also very liberal with other people's money, :lol: )
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

considering a scotts stabilizer kit is $500 and from now on every bike I own will always have one, I consider $220 for the RIGHT fork springs to be pretty good, like mad dog said, whats an extra $100 when you are probably going to spend a few hundred on the rest of the suspension. Just my opinion.
I for one have never had to mess with springs, I weigh 180-190, stock spings are almost always dead on for my weight, but if that weren't the case, springs would have been my first purchase with a new bike.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Suspension is cheaper than one ambulance ride......
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

guess my reasoning was i was already up to an $800+ tab with brian and i couldnt see spending anymore on suspension. Figured i would set it up a bit softer and use the extra 200 bucks on a gym membership :P
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

As of right now the professionals have spoken and recomended:

http://www.cannonracecraft.com/

I have a call into them (they were already closed by the time I called) to see what cost are and if a .60kg/mm is even feasible. I have been warned by FC that it "MAY" coil bind so im waiting from 2 different suspension companies on wether its even possible and also cost. I cant advertise prices on the other stuff so I will PM you in a bit. Stay tuned...

P.S. Bob, you will be happy to know that Fine Line recomended thicker oil "at the very least" if he chosses not to re-valve... :wink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

I have an email into cannon as well.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

[quote=I just want to be able to ride and not wory about how bad my knees are going to hurt when I'm done riding. Already had 2 knee surgeries I don't want to speed up the process [/quote]

350Lb's your knees are gonna get fuck'd just hav'n to shuffle you carcus around mate.....it's cheaper to loose some wait & a hell of alot better for you as well.
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

No my knees are all good when I'm shuffling my "carcus" around the thing that did me in was when I was banging your slut of a wife. She had me jack hammering her so hard I think I may of twisted my knee. Also when you get a chance can you look under the bed... I think I left my favorite pair of leather chuck Taylor there the other night. Thanks for the concern you fucking asshole. Instead of dogin me about me being able to shuffle my fat 350lbs carcus around you should be worried about ur girl taking more shots to the face then Jenna Jameson.

P.S. Fuck You!
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

1) your interlect & personality matches your phisique..."UGLY"

2) My wife has class...your a fat britincali that not even a heavy duty dirt bike can carry, i suggest you get a camel....this my also provide you with somthing to fuck at night when no ones watching.

3) having a dig at somones wife is a pretty low blow...you've got issues with your wieght...fine, just keep your battles to yourself & not strike out at others that are thinner then you & at 350 fat britincali pounds thats not to many now is it.

4) I am hoping to vist the US this time next yr...thanks for the incoragement to continue saving i realy realy want to go now.

5) & guess what, i look forward to Feebee kicking your fuck'n head in you cantankerous fat over blown cock sucking britincali.......she's represented here country in kickboxing twice, fat britincali V angry skiny phyco, i know were my $ will be.

6) Are these the correct details.......I have an all black Chevy Diesel. Black rims with 33" mudder tires, no lift or flat biller stuff. My riding buddies have a Yellow lifted F250 4 door riding a KTM smoker and a White Chevy Diesel all stock. We park together so should be easy to spot. (all highly flamible too)
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

RJ86, you got about 5 minutes to come up with a REAL good apology to Miss Feebee, or you can kiss your log in here goodbye.