2.15 vs 2.5 rim

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

More traction = less wheelspin = more tread life

Than factor in that the tire is running cooler which can't hurt tread life.

Cooler tires have more consistent pressure. I keep forgetting to check the temp of the tire before and after a moto. I gotta get my ducks in a row.

Installing a tire on a tubliss is a breeze. There is an acclimation period, you have to forget most of what you know about tire removal in installs.

The worst part of the whole deal is having to keep the inner tube up to 100 ~ 110 before a ride. It will bleed out thru the little tube over a week or 2 down to maybe 70. I just carry a bike pump.

I shredded a rear tire last ride. Didn't come off rim or even unseat the bead, didn't mess up the rim in the least, I was riding in rocky conditons.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

I just remembered I have an extra new never installed 18 on the shelf if you end up needing one. I would trade it for a 19"
rim, or complete wheel?? what kind,2.15 or 2.5 i might be interested
where are you it might cost too much to ship to canada

already bent/dinged both rims a little so im probably going to try the excel a60, which only comes in 2.15 yes i keep the spokes tight

im guessing the tubliss helps protect the rim a little better, in a bit i will definatly be getting a60/ tubliss/18"/ and a teraflex just to try out so it will last till i can build up some money

in the last 3 weeks i spent $1000 or more on bike parts, and im just getting started :shock:
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

extra 18" tubliss.

Got extra complete wheels with 18" 2.5 rims in nice shape, pretty sure gen 2 interchange with gen 4

I know what you mean about the $1000, spent over $600 apiece building those 18" 2.5 wheels.

Tubliss protect your rims with the tire bead/sidewall but they can still get bent if you play hard

You couldn't pay me to run a boat anchor, Oh, i mean a Teraflax. If you want it to handle worse why buy a brand new bike? just get a steely?

Have you read thru this ?

http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl ... 618858/all

I personally don't like A60's overpriced and not a black fan, they can't look good after a years worth or abuse. They are only at best 15% stronger according to excell.

I've been building my wheels, I have a bunch, with antisieze on the nipples and just got a fancy excell torque wrench for a $100. Swapping rims from a 2.15 to a 2.5 IF tublis ever comes for the big boys isn't a big deal if you build em right.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

I have a bunch, with antisieze on the nipples
thats what the factory should do

im interested in the tubliss setup but wont have money for around a month, ill pm you when im ready
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

got it now :D
4stroke=dead fish