Deep blood red plastics for a 3rd gen? Also retro graphics?

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
maddog1927

Deep blood red plastics for a 3rd gen? Also retro graphics?

Post by maddog1927 »

Love the Red on an '88

Which brand plactics will get me the closest to that color?

OEM, or one of the aftermarket, or are they all the same color?

Also anyone know where I can get some retro graphics... something bavid bailey ish ... but NOT KTM orange?
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

i dont know about the plastics but custom made graphics would be a hit i had made some enquirings with dirt digits and they seemed cool
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

the 2004 250 stock plastic is as close as i've found for a match.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

what seat are you going to do?
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

The Bailey color is called Flash Red, the dayglo color of the later years is Nuclear Red. You want Fighting Red that was used just for 1988-1989. UFO has some plastic for 1988 and a complete set for 1989.

http://www.ufoplasticusa.com/part.php?b ... &year=1989

A lot of the usual graphics places will not advertise doing work for older bikes, but will even if you have to send the plastic as a template. There's one place in the UK that specifically advertises doing retro work.

http://www.blinkmx.com/vintagemotocross.html
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

quote="Roostius_Maximus"]what seat are you going to do?[/quote]

I have a really nice blue seat cover from my David bailey graphics that I would like to use, I used a black seat with my david baileys cuz I liked the way it looked better.

I am actually after 1985 ATC 250r look.

I was in love with those things when I was a kid, and I remembered the 85-87 CRs as looking the same. When I saw the david bailey kit it reminded me so much of the bikes I loved in JR high, I had to have it, but I had no interest in a CR250. I never thought I would dump honda, but I kept getting spanked by YZ's so in 'o3 I switched teams. It was a major step for me. It kinda felt like coming out of the closet, (not that I would know). My Avatar on other sites is: (bet I get a good flogging over this)

Anyway, I thought a CR500AF might be a good route to go to get some David bailey's in my garage. So I bought an '01...Went to order the DB's and guess what... They didn't make them for an '01. So I searched and found I could do the 3rd gen body conversion, and I ordered the DB's... The DB's came in the mail, stinking things were orange. I was pissed, then I did a internet search for photos of 85-87 CRs and turns out they were orange too! My memories from JR. High had betrayed me. Same thing happened when I saw the hottest girl from my JR high, at the grocery store the other day. Major disappointment for sure.

Anyway between the orange bike, and the fact that I went to the dunes with a short hill, and a bad tune , and I was not spanking the 450's I was not too stoked about being what you guys call a "hoon"

Also I was a member of the other site wasn’t exactly getting me energized, and I got tired of reading pages of BS where people were getting harassed over small insignificant things. This poor guy really got himself into a jam HE LEFT HIS CAPS ON oh no what ever shall we do. We will have none of that.
http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1270980101

Then I went to the dunes with a real hill, and with a few minutes of tuning began cleaning peoples clocks I got real interested in 500’s again.
So now it has become kinda a holy grail thing to get my 500 looking like my ATC.

I’m thinking ’04 red plastics, the blue seat cover, red number plates with a blank black background, or foreground I guess, and some custom david bailey ish graphics in red, maybe a little more retro with the more curved wing.

That being said the Factory FX evo, or even the ’07 oems turn my crank, and would be a lot easier.

Anyone got some ’07 OEM’s they would like to sell?
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

redrocket,
Thanks for your reply. I am actually trying to get my '02 to look like an '88...

Maybe I ought to just get an '88