whats happening to me

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
coley13

whats happening to me

Post by coley13 »

lately i've been feeling as if it's time to slow down on the bike or give the game away. i guess i'm getting older and worry about my wife and kids if i get hurt or die as a result.
the funny thing is when i start my engine and start riding i have no care at all and ride balls and all to the wall like i always have. just having real negative feelings about bikes when i'm not riding and it's starting to do my head in.

i love my bikes more than anything and i'm sure i'll never stop riding thats why it worries me about the thoughts i've been getting lately. i do have some fear on bikes but seem to have more fear when i'm off the bike.
13 isnt unlucky i just keep falling off
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

Nothing a slab of VB cant take care of, mate.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

A healthy fear can keep you alive.
Fear keeps you from doing things you shouldn't.

An irrational fear can kill your soul.
Risk and excitement are the fruit of life.

I think you're in just the right place Coley.
Recognize it, but don't succumb to it.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Thats a normal part of the aging process. To me I would not call it fear, it is more of a gained repect for what could possibly happen. Understanding that you are takeing somewhat of a risk by riding hard is just a more mature way of dealing with a sport that does carry a possible risk to your person.

Don't spend time dwelling on it while you are not riding.
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Man, Im 43 and in the last 3 years I've shattered my elbow, broke my left collarbone twice, and my ankle once. I too think about slowing it down a little, but the fear isnt enough to make me stop riding hard, especially when my buddy just bought a CR500 a few weeks ago, and I just bought a CR85 for my 11yr old kiddo.

You just need to dicipline yourself on the bike.......I knows its hard to do, but for me if the decision comes between giving up the sport and riding like a pussy, I'll take riding like a pussy !!
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

britincali

Post by britincali »

I ride like a pussy and am damn proud of it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit