Service Honda heads up part 2 >

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
exackery

Service Honda heads up part 2 >

Post by exackery »

For those who have been following the Service Honda shipping debacle here is new information.

Apparently, Mark from Service Honda didn't fully read my first email before he sent me the "you can't change anything reply".

Here is my first email>>>>

Hi all,

I just placed and order for some engine parts>> the confirmation number is 973937
The shipping seemed a little high I think it was $110.00 bucks >> I hit the go button anyway figuring it is probably a rough guess.
That being said, I hope your not really going to charge that much to fedex what will surely be a medium size box to Florida. Anyway,
check it out and let me know if the shipping will be that high. 705-499-5582.

[End]

Here is Mark's (from Service Honda) response the the above email>>>>>

Since this order has been processed we cannot alter the invoice. This includes canceling the order, adding/deleting
individual parts or upgrading the shipping method. Any changes after
receipt of this e-mail will result in a 20% restocking fee.
We do not carry parts here at our facility. Parts take an average of 2-3
days for us to receive, but may take longer. Your order will ship from us to you the same day that all parts on the order are received.

All shipping costs are non-refundable. Please contact 1-800-828-5498
or e-mail me regarding any questions. Visit
www.servicehonda.com/faq.html regarding common questions. Your
business is greatly appreciated; I look forward to assisting you in
the future.

Thank you,
Mark

[End]

So last night I sent another email in response to his.

Here is the second email>>>>

Dear Mark,

I think you misunderstood my question. I'm not trying to cancel anything nor change anything. I was strictly wondering why it will
cost $110.00 dollars to ship a few engine parts from Illinois to Florida via ground with a 3 day travel time.
When I look up Fedex or UPS rates for the same thing it comes up as costing less than fifty dolars and I'm sure with the amount
of shipping your company does you probably get a better rate.
That was my question

[End]

Mark's reply came today>>>>>

Glenn,

Your right the shipping cost is not what was quoted online. Online the ship cost is an estimate. Once the salesman (me) creates your
invoice the shipping is manually adjusted. The ship cost was only 32.00. Attached is a copy of your invoice that shows this.

Thanks,
Mark

[End]

So the story has a happy ending after all!!!

I guess the moral of the story is you need to send two emails to ask the same question. LOL

Maybe this internet online ordering thang is a little too sketchy and a phone call is still the best method >> who knows!

Zak
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

:cool: Out come.
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

When I was doing my build I talked to them on the phone wanting get a PC "SH-AF" silencer. The dude would not sell me one as I was not a SH owner; rip off Mike (TTM) got me one, saved me $20 on the SH price and had it drop shipped to my door in 2 days!!! Sorry with that attitude SH won't see my business!
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I got a brand new rear wheel assembly shipped for $35 and the cheapest price $375, ronayers.com.
I checked SH and a bunch of other places.