Best skidplate

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
Tharrell

Best skidplate

Post by Tharrell »

Not looking for a glideplate. Want to protect cases.
Who makes the most protective skidplate for the 500's?
I'va got a 92 500 and a 82 480. Thanks
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

USC makes our "ThumperTalk" skid plates. I had one on my 500 before I knew who USC was. They make them for lots of "manufacturers". Super tough and better made than Devol, Pro Circuit or any other popular brand...

http://www.utahsportcycle.com/
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
mr500

Post by mr500 »

I got an old White bros one on ebay(brand new in bag) heaps better protection than my mates B&B one.
Keep it real, Keep it steel.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

got a works connection and another brand that i believe is ricochet. works connection is very cheesy in comparison.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

i like how the eline carbon/kevlar is really stiff and still flexible, but if its getting dragged over rocks, or off a tailgate it will chip/ unbond?
i think it would be sweet to get a new eline and put a thin layer of uhmw on the bottom so it slides without wearing
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Prepare to laugh but I use a modified xr650r stock plastic skid plate on my gen3 250.

I had a Utah sport cycle plate on there and there are a few things that drove me nuts. Number one was the noise. It reflected all the engine sounds back and stones/gravel made a ton of noise! Number two was that it stuck to rocks when casing stuff. In the one season I ran it I put some nasty scrapes on it and it held up real good other than a few dents.

The xr plate slides across rocks and logs. Is quiet as can be. Is much lighter and has held up great for two seasons with only a few marks. Not to mention it doesn't mess with the flex of the frame. And it's cheap too. Took some cutting and moding to fit but it's on great. Also it wraps up nicely around the waterpump and cases. Thick plastic that is real tough so far.
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

Don't mean to hi jack but i'll ask anyway :roll:.
Who makes a tough radiator gaurd/brace all in one for the steely,
those devol ones i looked at seem a bit weak.
Thanks in advance
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Gmbond wrote:Prepare to laugh but I use a modified xr650r stock plastic skid plate on my gen3 250.

I had a Utah sport cycle plate on there and there are a few things that drove me nuts. Number one was the noise. It reflected all the engine sounds back and stones/gravel made a ton of noise! Number two was that it stuck to rocks when casing stuff. In the one season I ran it I put some nasty scrapes on it and it held up real good other than a few dents.

The xr plate slides across rocks and logs. Is quiet as can be. Is much lighter and has held up great for two seasons with only a few marks. Not to mention it doesn't mess with the flex of the frame. And it's cheap too. Took some cutting and moding to fit but it's on great. Also it wraps up nicely around the waterpump and cases. Thick plastic that is real tough so far.
I also use a plastic skid plate on my 250, never cracked it gets beat to hell all the time, its really old to. It also has the guards for the cases. Never tried a metal skid plate so I cant comment....
-Jake

M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

The plastic Hyde plate I have on my 250 is badass, none of the "echo" that the aluminum ones make...
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee