dont post much, but here is my bikes progress.

Recount your rebuilds here!
r1yfz

dont post much, but here is my bikes progress.

Post by r1yfz »

Well, i traded my 02 cr250 for this bike... right away i tore into it and have been building it from the ground up

it will be flat sand drag/dune bike

it started out as a 1990 and converted it to newer plastics shock seat etc.
i rebuilt the motor and im in the process of makeing it a little more stout, will also be adding around 8" out back

anyways here is is

thestuz

Post by thestuz »

looks nice. whats there anyway lol.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
yota

Post by yota »

I'm not a fan of black bikes usually but with the white accents, black frame and monster graphics it looks really good.
09 TTM CR500AF
08 KTM 200 XC
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
95 CR250
83 Husqvarna 125 XC
73 Maico MX250
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

thanks guys.... its a work in progress
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

yota wrote:I'm not a fan of black bikes usually but with the white accents, black frame and monster graphics it looks like a Kawasaki.

fixed..
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

:lol: :lol:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

swingarm built, front sand tire on.... need chain and brake line to finish out the rear
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

thats gonna look nice with a nice shiny pipe
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

im hopeing to havea CPI pipe before the dunes.... if not the PC pipe will work untill were back
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

looking good, but I have to make one suggestion.... you might want to angle your fender up in the rear for more clearence, the tire has a higher tendancy to break fenders off when there at the stock location, pushing it up a bit makes it look better and gives you more clearance
-Jake

gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

nice but always found black plastics look old real quick seem to scratch up heaps
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

caseyracing222 wrote:looking good, but I have to make one suggestion.... you might want to angle your fender up in the rear for more clearence, the tire has a higher tendancy to break fenders off when there at the stock location, pushing it up a bit makes it look better and gives you more clearance

how do i do that?
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

this bike has a month left before it needs finished but its getting there
GSS is going to be boring the cylinder and i also have a 14paddle skat on order through him

My buddy personally knows mike @ cpi and he hooked me up with one of these
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sweet :cool: . wonder if mike had enough interest yet to make them pipes full stamped. would cut out alot of tedious time building them one piece at a time. i was thinking to call him and recomend a different design on the rear mount, other than that its a nice product.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

there was a problem with trying to stamp them.. i cant quite remember what it was, but does now have more solid peices and does less welding on them. compare that pipe to the one on there website and you will know what im saying.

Mike has been supper busy, i guess they lost guy in the shop... But i had zero wait time on this pipe, of course it doesnt hurt to know people who are good friends with him.

100hp, are you running a silencer on yours? im going to try my cut down fmf
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

alot of banshee drag pipes are stamped, wonder what the problem could be ? maybe not enough interest to invest the time and money yet ?

so far i only used mine for a breif period just to see how it would work but no i didnt bother hooking up a silencer. ran it as is, then used a 3" 45* piece added to the stinger so the exhaust would blow out the side instead of straight back onto the brake disk and swingarm and so the tire didnt throw dirt right into the hole. when i was riding, that little extension fell off and it actually seemed to run better without it, maybe it was just my imagination though. one of mikes employees built my pipe, cant remeber his name right off but he said about 11" stinger is about right. the stinger on mine was about 8" so thats why i added the 3" piece. i got looking at a few other pipes and it looks like the stinger length varies, 8" seemed to be just fine though. that pipe will eventually be used permanently on my AF thats going to run methanol, so no i probly wont ever use a silencer. that shit saturates the silencer packing and i dont feel like fuking around with re-packing it all the time. plus i dont have a extra silencer to use anyways and i have more important things to buy right now.... like a ktm crank with honda rod on it :lol: , machinist should be done in about a week :headbang: .
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

100hp honda wrote:like a ktm crank with honda rod on it :lol: , machinist should be done in about a week :headbang: .

Does this mean you are just about finished your KTM CR550AF! :lol:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

:lol: those photos were for a laugh and nothing more. it will be fit back in the stock frame. fricken machinist had my crank 1 week now, he told me 2 weeks to complete so i should have it back next week i hope. mofo better get it back to me soon :twisted: . probly have the spacer plate in a week or so also. ill keep that thread updated when the parts arrive.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

100hp, how loud is it with just the stinger?

this is a dune bike and we have no noise retrictions so im game for just a stinger... i may dyno it with, and without to see if there is any good gains, im shure there would be.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

it aint that loud unless your a baby like 90cr500guy then youll probly cry :lol:

the silencer it self probly wont make much difference (they run silencers connected directly to the pipe on some drag pipes with not much ill affects, the silencer is taking the place of the stinger so they still keep the 8 or 10"). all the extra pipe that the silencer is connected to is probly what will hinder it most. you need a certain amount of stinger length for the pipe to work right, then when you figure in the total length of the silencer its just a bunch of extra pipe that doesnt need to be there. i know one reason you see guys with no silencer on drag pipes is they run alky and that shit saturates the packing then you got problems. plus it adds weight and those guys try to cut out every ounce they can. be cool to see the difference from a dynos perspective with/without silencer on the cpi :cool:. might be a real small difference but i have no idea.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

i guess the dyno will tell! i will def. post results when i get it off the dyno...

im hopeing to have the motor together next week.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

mike would be the man to ask as far as what the ideal length is. he may say something different than what his employee told me.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

well my 42.5mm pwk comes in tomorrow... need to get some oils and fuel for it then this guy is pretty much done besides dyno tuneing!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/ ... ent1-5.jpg
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

going to port match this up to intake boot and reed cage tomorrow
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/ ... ent-19.jpg
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

dont be too eagar at blending the boot to the carb! i did 1 and am trying another thats 1/2 what it needs. We've been seeing them pickup hp with an edge left, more results to follow....