Anyone know if.....

Recount your rebuilds here!
MAVERICK66

Anyone know if.....

Post by MAVERICK66 »

A seat from a newer model 500 say....99 will fit an 89 ?
TIA!!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

no it wont its a differnt subframe and there is alot of stuff to change out to change the subframe
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
MAVERICK66

Post by MAVERICK66 »

lewisclan wrote:no it wont its a differnt subframe and there is alot of stuff to change out to change the subframe
I figured....like air box....side panels? What else?
Hows that 97 steelie doing I sold ya?
Its Mike
AKA Zerofear66
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Hey whats up bro... yeah its holding up great we have put a top end on it a few months back
as far as the 89 we had to also change the rubber air boot as well but I cant remember if the stock stinger needed to be changed or not
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
MAVERICK66

Post by MAVERICK66 »

lewisclan wrote:Hey whats up bro... yeah its holding up great we have put a top end on it a few months back
as far as the 89 we had to also change the rubber air boot as well but I cant remember if the stock stinger needed to be changed or not
Im glad its doing well for ya....Ive built a few AFs since then...working on an 05CRF250 AF now...Just got an 89 for dirt cheap Im going to restore.....What airboot did you use?
Id like to use an 93 ish CR250 subframe...not sure which one to use..Any tips?