Jason's 1997 CR Refreshening

Recount your rebuilds here!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I was thinking like XR200. Along those lines. Not to date myself, but the dual carbed 84 model with updated boingers would be a helluva good bike.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Seat height chart...
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Mama wrote:I'm 5'4" but I weigh so much I could probably make our 500 work it's ass off!

I haven't met a Lady yet, that if she weighed half of what she does now she would still want to lose 25% more weight. :? :?

If that is yourself in those pictures forget about what you weigh and just get riding ( enjoy life ). :wink:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
Mama

That's me

Post by Mama »

In the pics with the bike, yes, thats me. My avatar, no, that's not me. I'd love to have one though! :wink:
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Made more progress on the bike. We installed the cylinder head from Roosty and fabbed our own style of handle bar mounted lever. When funds allow, I am going to pick up a clutch perch/ lever assembly from a CRF with the hot start set up, for now we used a BMX handle which I'll shorten to fit right. Rebuilt the right hand fork. New seal, oil and a good cleaning. My seal on the brake side fork is still good, I changed the oil, but the bottom of the fork tube is fubarred so I skipped rebuilding it untill I can find a replacement fork. Cleaned and greased the steering head. Now pretty much just waiting for plastics!

There will be more as we go
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Also just incase anyone was wondering, with Roosty's compression release, you can start these with flip flops on!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

AlisoBob wrote:Image

Seat height chart...
Gee Bob, why would you have such a list? :twisted:
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

JBaze wrote:Image

:shock: :shock:
WOW! another BIG ( height ) dude. :?

How come you guys are so BIG? Were you force fed as kids or something? ( put on a stretching rack )

I feel like a midgit. :oops:
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Jbase & Mama....good on ya,
my wife (Feebee) and i do every thing together as well, she rides....She's got a (dare i say ) Yamaha YZ125 & my daughter has a LT90 quad,
when we go riding the kid stays around with the cars and trailers in the protection of our Doberman and a 2way radio for emergencys.

come race day Feebee is my events organiser, fee's, food, entrys, on the tools, load and unload, then back home for a feed and massage.

my little girl of 10 has been doing my tyre pressures for the last 3yrs and theres been plenty of officals to deal with over it but she loves it and knows how important her job is..

The wife said...Go Girl
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

asteroid500 wrote:Jbase & Mama....good on ya,
my wife (Feebee) and i do every thing together as well, she rides....She's got a (dare i say ) Yamaha YZ125 & my daughter has a LT90 quad,
when we go riding the kid stays around with the cars and trailers in the protection of our Doberman and a 2way radio for emergencys.

come race day Feebee is my events organiser, fee's, food, entrys, on the tools, load and unload, then back home for a feed and massage.

my little girl of 10 has been doing my tyre pressures for the last 3yrs and theres been plenty of officals to deal with over it but she loves it and knows how important her job is..

The wife said...Go Girl

Thats awesome man. We have a 16 yo Daughter and we had a Rancher 450 quad, she got pissed because she could only get it to go 58 miles per hour! I'm thinking holy hell shes going to kill her self, now she wants a dirt bike cause it will go faster! LOL. I like the dog idea, we have a pure bred German Shepard that watches over the kids like a hawk. Our 4 year old boy tries to ride her, and if I mess with him the dog attacks me! Thats great to have support of your family with your adventures isn't it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

JBaze wrote:When funds allow, I am going to pick up a clutch perch/ lever assembly from a CRF with the hot start set up
Solid Bro is parting out a CRF, and could prolly hook you up pretty cheaply....
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I saw that in the Sargents build I just didn't want to pounce on him to quick. I might hit him up
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

JBaze wrote:Also just incase anyone was wondering, with Roosty's compression release, you can start these with flip flops on!
Glad we could set you up Jason.... gotta take care of those knees...

:wink:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

It is unbelivable Bob. Can't tell you thanks enough. Hell I started it tonight in tennis shoes!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Heh, get video of Mama starting it for you.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

MojoScojo wrote:Heh, get video of Mama starting it for you.

She says shes to short, but I'll see if I can talk her into it. I don't have DV camera maybe my phone
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

my lady help'n me

Keep it tight Baze

CR250 97
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
Mama

Post by Mama »

Damn! If I showed up in the shop dressed like that, I would wind up bent over the bike and we would get nothing done! Lol! She's a braver woman than I! :lol:
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

It was 36 degrees celcius and 85% humidity...to be honest we very rarely wear cloths at home... :lol:

CR250 97
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Not hard to understand why.
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

hope that itsnt 4:39 am on that clock :lol:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Na it's a rare occasion when that happens anymore.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

R7..i always recon Florida and the Everglades would be like Darwin weather...hot and sticky, nice if your with a woman, terrible if your in the jungle.....(good morning Vietnam)

CR250 97
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

We lived in WinterHaven Florida for a few years. It was pretty nice when you got used to it. Good excuse to drink lots of beer. The thing that bothered me the most were ths goddamn snakes!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Well we're getting there. Got new plastics in today and got rid of all the black stuff. Mama traced for then did the cut outs for the number pjate background. She's not happy with the way it came out, but I think it looks fine. Now just need to get rid of the faggy seat cover and figure out how to shine up the tank and find some shroud stickers. Had to put the triangle on the front, just like it. This is all UFO, I would give the fit/ finish a 7 or 8 out of 10 but looks a hell of a lot better than what came off.