Picacho HS Clear Creek, CA

Who beat who?

hagendog

Picacho HS Clear Creek, CA

Post by hagendog »

So this was my 3rd race and holy shit was it fun. It was a AMA National so the coarse was harder than most I would say. The laps were 11 miles and were super tight single track with some fire roads and 2 major sections with alt routes. So......... I was in lucky row 5 which gave a holeshot award and BRAPPPP, GOT IT!!! $100 gift cert to a shop. Everything was going good till I hit the first bottleneck, about 15 guys stuck on an uphill so I did the 90 degree clutch pop wheelie turn and cut the corner, smashed some trees, hit some people and passed about 14 of them. Then I hit the first alt route and took the hard one, CRy Baby Creek. Well so did half of the other C riders and they had no business down there. That cost me a lot of time. Came around the finish almost 3 mins back and I never got passed :x Next lap we had the option of enduro cross section or by pass, I elected for the fast way over to rows of tractor tires, telephones poles, concrete pipes, trees, and a rock garden. WORD After that I was on a mission to catch this fool and was hauling the mail till I caught up to the Rhino with a guy and a broken leg going down the road. More time was wasted but when he was off the road back at it hard. At Cry Baby again this time I asked if anyone was stuck and got the OK and bombed it, 3ft drops in a running creek, it was gnarly but good. The majority of the coarse was like riding at Dogtown, tight singles with no room to pass. The roads were dusty and real hard to see so 4th gear passing was a little ballsy. Came threw the finish in 1st and they stopped the race cause the medical team only had 2 vehicles and they were both leaving :shock: Oh well, race was shortened one lap but was still fun. I made up 6 mins on lap 2 and beat 2nd by 3 mins. There's some photos on this site, I'm 457v in race 2 and my buddy is 343v in race 1. Also the start has some good pics of the enduro section towards the end.

http://cssphotodesign.com/gallery2/main ... =xf922ff1f
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Sounds like it was FUN! :cool:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????