re-gearing the transmission???

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Surfaccing

re-gearing the transmission???

Post by Surfaccing »

i know their has been talk of wide ratio transmission... but im looking to just re-gear the bike. lemme go into deeper details

now i know i have the '93 tranny with the already taller 4th and 5th gears, but im doing a street legal supermoto conversion cause i wanna show up the my 4stroke street bike buddies who think im stupid for riding a gernade on the street. but i know im stupid for running a 2stroke as a daily, but damnit it im comitted to the 2stroke.

sorry i digress, but since i want to run this on the street and i would like to cruise at 80mph without banging on the top end... but that might be a little too fast.

since my motor is already dead and requires a complete rebuild and it's down and im splitting the case, i would like a lot taller gears and im still going to a 14/40or38 maybe a 15/38 sprocket ratios.

im not sure if their are gears out their already that i can buy and just replace my 3rd,4th,and 5th gears. or would i have to get a machine shop or laser cuting shop with some knoledge to help me out with this?
is their a different crank sprocket and a different clutch sprocket that i could maybe change to help out with the final gear ration. or am i just limited to the transmission gearing and sprocket gearing to achieve what i want.

i've looked around online and i have looked on forums, but their doesn't seem to be much info or products for differnt gears. just sprockets...

thanks for the info, and sorry if it's been talked about. but i just can't find any more info
tacogrande

Post by tacogrande »

I think you are stuck with stock gears unless you can find IMS wide ratio gears somewhere. I saw some on ebay.de (germany) for about $1300. Better to port the motor and just run taller ratio sprockets.
Socal Hoon
Surfaccing

Post by Surfaccing »

i was planning on a gss port job, kinda expensive but i hear it's the best, and im planning on a custom pipe to match the port, hopeing to extend the usuable rpm's
torque monster

Post by torque monster »

Glenn/GSS can get your bike to rev.
LAYNFRM

Post by LAYNFRM »

i run my CR500 tard on the street, and i don't cruise over 62-65 MPH when i run 15/39 gearing.
05 CR500AF Plated Supermotard/dual sport
01 XR650R Plated Supermotard
07 CRF80 mini-motard w/115 big bore
08 Polaris RZR
Surfaccing

Post by Surfaccing »

any idea what rpm's ur running at that speed?
i was actually looking into the 15/38 gearing that my local shop says they can get
LAYNFRM

Post by LAYNFRM »

i'm not sure. i like to lug it a little when cruising, rather than run the piss out of it on straights. if i ever find (or order another) the tachometer cable for my VAPOR, then i'll know what RPM i'm at.
05 CR500AF Plated Supermotard/dual sport
01 XR650R Plated Supermotard
07 CRF80 mini-motard w/115 big bore
08 Polaris RZR