footpeg measurements needed, coverting gen 3,4 pegs to gen 2

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
seanmx57

footpeg measurements needed, coverting gen 3,4 pegs to gen 2

Post by seanmx57 »

Does anybody have a set of peg brackets off a gen 3 or 4 kicking around. I wanna find out if they bolt up to a gen 2. The #'s from my gen 2 brackets are 1.2" inside to inside where the bolts hold it on the frame. 2.16" same holes outside to outside. Hole diameter is .48 and .42, the .42 is ovaled. The holes are offset in the bracket.

Fastway has discontinued there pegs for gen 2. I'm trying to find out if I can just get a set of gen 3 or 4 brackets bolt em up and be in bizness.

HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Here's the bracket from the right side of my '05 CRF250R frame. Holes measure 1 1/4" OC, are not offset or ovaled.

97af

Post by 97af »

Robert....You know I just had to make a comment about the picture..
Show-off.. :lol:

Mike...
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, A TRUE friend will be sitting next to saying, DAMN THAT WAS FUN"
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

looks considerable smaller. weight saving I'm sure. I could weld a stop block into the gen 2 brackets but then I'd have to deal with rust issues.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

seanmx57 wrote:looks considerable smaller. weight saving I'm sure. I could weld a stop block into the gen 2 brackets but then I'd have to deal with rust issues.
spray paint will fix the rust issue :wink:
-Jake

HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

97af wrote:Robert....You know I just had to make a comment about the picture..
Show-off.. :lol:

Mike...
Yeah, the old girl (Canon 10D) still takes a pretty good picture. Would love to update to the 50D though. :wink:
seanmx57 wrote:looks considerable smaller. weight saving I'm sure. I could weld a stop block into the gen 2 brackets but then I'd have to deal with rust issues.
Wish they would have worked for you, shit, I would have given them to you. I'm a picky ass and one of my things on this bike is new peg brackets and pins. It's a mental desease. :wink: :lol: