THIS IS NOT MINE!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

THIS IS NOT MINE!

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

That knocking sound don't sound good. :lol: :lol:
MICK

Post by MICK »

Well...he's got the easy part done :?

I got an idea for him, DON'T PUT IT IN A 4-WHEELER! Fag...
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Hummmmmmmmmmmm...............

Do I want a counterbalancer... or a water pump????

I'll take the later....
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

i saw one where a guy added another section of case and ran a counterbalancer. this one is definitely not thought through too well.....
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

There's a lot of work gone into that - modification to the center cases & the corresponding side cover mods, etc.

I assume it's going in a quad as his other vids are quad based - and as I've read that the 250 quad chassis' fall apart as std ( SH custom frame still sold, I think), a counter balancer would be of use. Quads just don't register with me........................

I see a Finner top end behind, perhaps that's going on - though, if the fellow can do what he did with the balancer, it wouldn't be much of a step to retain the water pump. I think the knocking noise is him dinging up the cases with the rod :D

It would be interesting to see better pics of the case mods, to assess the workmanship. If done properly, it could be a very useful mod for some applications.

A counter balancer would help every singles & BEARS racing single cylinder special I've done over the years - vibrating big singles (either 2t or 4t - many older 4ts didn't have c-bs and were often worse than the 2ts for vibration) biggest limitation Was /Is vibration, even with crank balancing done. You'd be perpetually repairing various cracked/ broken components, or having riders simply not able to use the bikes to their full potential because of arm, foot, butt numbness & Bad vision problems. When done right, a big single cylinder road racer is enormous fun. Victimizing blokes on full on RR bikes/ the latest Superbike during track days or open racing class', with a potent single ,is one of life's great joys!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Shit that's cool for a dragster. Who cares if it's an air cooled top end, if it's a 500 it will run cool enough for drags. Does the cr500 air cooled top end bolt right onto a water cooled bottom end?
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

I think they might? I've seen some pictures of a twin engine HC'er, with finner top ends on later model bottom ends.

Others here would know for sure if it can be done simply.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

studs gotta be moved, or the holes in the jug forsure
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

I have thought about this ever since I first rode my 450. The 500 would get a hole-lotta more attention! My hands and feet still ache from last weekend. I only rode it for 4 hours! (feels the same as a 3 day weekend on my 450)
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee