A day of riding I won't soon forget.

WTF Happened!!!!
dannygraves

A day of riding I won't soon forget.

Post by dannygraves »

so, yesterday we weren't sure who exactly was going to come riding, or even where we were going to go. We accidentally stumbled on the logandale trails when we were riding about a month ago at valley of fire and decided to go up there and check it out. WHAT A BITCHEN RIDING AREA! like it had every element, open gravel trails for 5th gear pinned action with some surprises, some technical ST, rock crawling type stuff and the best was the loamy sandy washes that were an absolute blast, even some big sand dune hill shoots in between the awesone red rocks. we were having the best riding day in a while. I was leading for a while, but got tunnel vision from all the excitement and passed up some good trails to the side, so I had to go back for Justin and Jason. we went off through some really technical stuff and found a treasure chest of fun ass riding on the other side... then... disaster... MFDBs regina chain breaks a link and damaged the case when we were about as far away from camp as possible. plus none of us had ever done this big loop, so we assumed we were more than halfway through and that is was gravel open trail the whole way. So, MFDB busts out a tow strap, I hop on his bike, he gets on my bike and we start towing. we should have headed back the way we came, but hind sight is always 20:20.
after about 2 hours of trying to tow through loamy sandy super soft trails, we give up and I tell mfdb to take my bike and get his truck. I didn't realize how F-ing cold and dark it gets out there and my camel pack had leaked all over my shirt. it SUCKED. I pushed the bike about 1/4 mile to keep warm and to find a better spot to camp and were I could be more visible. I started planning out using gas and spark from the bike to start a fire and found a cave to hide the bike in incase I had to get out of there without it. So I get a phone call with my limited service that the truck cannot make it through :shock: .
So, lucking Danielle has family in logandale and they have some utility qwads, so they came to the rescue a couple hours after that. they towed MFDB through that miserable shit to the waterfall the truck couldn't make it up.
As a side note, I challenge the best, most hardcore riders on here to get towed through sandy trails on a bike and keep it upright! :shock:
so, we make it back to the truck, I quickly hop in the passenger seat, take my boot off and stick my toes infront of the heat vent... it hurt like hell, but I could finally feel them again. then Justin hops in the driver seat and goes to turn the truck around. in less than a second we were wicked high centered on a hill which filled up the fram rails. we dug, jacked up pryed, etc etc. for like two and a half hours until the truck finally came out. right as the truck was ready to go another truck came by to help out, and he guided us out. it was an exhausting ass day, but still badass, I can't wait to return

this was about where I was chillin.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 8&t=h&z=16

http://www.offroadadventureguide.com/Tr ... s_Map.html

so, the bike broke down in the middle between 1 and 2 and we stopped pulling around the middle between 3 and 4 after having got right at 3 and hitting a dead end. I pushed about the length of those small mountains close to 4 and stopped at the end of the one north of the trail.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Guess that's what ya get for having those damn unreliable 4 pokes!! :lol: :lol:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:lol: :lol: ya, damn chain breaking 4 strokes :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

sometimes its the adventure of getting back home that makes the ride all that more awsome
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Not when you have shit wrapeed up on your countershaft...

:?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, I would have fired the bike up for warmth, but it lost a lot of oil from the busted up case :cry:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80