Dove Springs TG weekend

WTF Happened!!!!
iggys-amsoil

Dove Springs TG weekend

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Pulled in Weds night just after dark at the first place I could find that looked big enough for the others just before trail SC120 off the main road, man was it cold.

Thursday morning was beautiful, a sight breeze and was hotter than normal. A short ride to some rocks with wife and another couple to see how the other wife likes her new quad, the same as mine/hers but an 05 to her 02. Good thing she got that ride in cause the next day.............
Later a couple of guys with 500's show up. But before it got dark Frank an I headed towards SC102 via 47 but by the time we got there I didn't want go much farther, its getting dark and that time I didn't see SC39 just to the right to get up to 102. :? We stopped at that huge down hill that those of us who have done the Jawbone rides with have come down to hook up with SC47 then to SC94. I'll tell ya that 47 trail is a blast with all the grading done every few hundred yards for flood control. I don't know how many of those made nice 4th gear jumps. :lol:

Friday; Decided to make a run at Mcgivers Cabin. But only got to a sign that said end of trail 4.4 miles. Yeah I could gone the rest of the way but I would have had to leave her behind. Problem was I didn't fill her tank enough to make it all the way. :x There was about a pint left when we got back. Cold and windy up there. On the way back we meet up with the rest of our group, We get back to camp and I'm being call upon to go rescue the 05 quad? The girl friend of there son manedged to flip all 460 lbs of quad three or four times. Bent the right front spindle/rim, trashed the bars and popped the bead on the RR. How that rim didn't get bent I dunno. According to the owner it was quiet a sight to see. Fortunately she only came away with very minor scrapes and limping a little bit but was good in the morning. Mostly it knock the wind out of her and she was fine. :cool:
That night I get a ticket for illegel possition of fire works :evil: Now thats a story unto itself so I'll write it later. But for now, being BLM land its a federal ticket sighting 43 CFR 8365.1-6. Yeah I looked it up and it has nothing to do with fireworks. F'in idiot, can't even get the right regulation on firewworks. :roll:

Saturday; woke upto sprinkles / rain and snow down to about 4000'. My friend and I drove into Ridgecrest so he could get gas for his trip home. Cheapest gas there? $3.04 a gal. Lately here I've been paying $2.78-2.83
After lunch wife and I get ready to ride upto SC102 and a rock formation I saw coming back the day before, next thing I know everyone piles out of the RV's and wants to go. OK then I'll practice the road jump next to us while waiting, dam I didn't get a picture of that. Fun little thing that pops you up pretty high if done in third gear. Earlier the rangers didn't like that and stopped the kids from hitting it. Well so did we when the wind changed directions and the dust came right at us. When we got to the top of 47 its snowing and the ground is prefectly wet. :lol: It wasn't really that cold then but I was somewhat worked from hitting all those jumps on the way there.

Sunday morning the winds picked up and was to cold and windy to hang out and most wanted to leave early to beat the traffic so we were all gone by 9am. :shock: Ya early for me. As for me I just wanted to avoid Kramer Juction 58/395 so I took the 14 into Palmdale to the 138. No problem and was home by 1pm.

Aside from the cold wind and the ticket and good trip for us. :wink:

Pics to come.
Last edited by iggys-amsoil on December 1st, 2009, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Thursday morning.

Saturday morning looking towards McGivers cabin

Panorama shot? SC47 first pic to SC102 on the bottom.
Yeah its snowing as I take these.
SC102 is on the other side.

Rocky out croping

Little foot.

Hey everyone. The girl friend that took the tumble? front and right.
and the rest
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/ ... %20Springs
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

:cool: Really great scenery.
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Nice Iggro!! :cool:
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Nice - I got stuck at 395/58! :twisted: What a friggin PITA!!!! I should try that hop down to the 14 next time. We got a lot of wind/cold/rain in Ca City - but no snow. Saw it up on the ridgeline though. Bout how far is your spot from Ca City (395/20 Mule Team) ? Looks like a cool spot!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

I think its about 35-40 miles. We were there (395/20 Mule Team) the last two years. I don't think my friends are going back next year. Add another ticket for litering :?: :x :x :x Since when does a pie plate marker become litering :?: I didn't get that one.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Hellbear wrote:Nice Iggro!! :cool:

X2 Very :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

iggys-amsoil wrote:I think its about 35-40 miles. We were there (395/20 Mule Team) the last two years. I don't think my friends are going back next year. Add another ticket for litering :?: :x :x :x Since when does a pie plate marker become litering :?: I didn't get that one.
So they're a bunch of nazis over there? Well if thats the case...maybe a non-holiday weekend would be better.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Non-holiday weekend? Most certainly.

The board / I should set up a ride weekend maybe mid march or after Easter?
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Please!
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

This part of the trail is real fast and loamy....

I've passed Ron129 here, many times!!!!

:twisted: