Where to get rolling chassis?

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
mocr13

Where to get rolling chassis?

Post by mocr13 »

Hello All! Well I have been bitten with the bug to build a a/f 500,well my question is this,where do most people find there rolling chassis to start from,I have looked on ebay,but no luck! Thought about piecing it together ,but seems to be really expensive! so again if you guys know of any where to get rolling chassis,I would greatly appreciate the help! Thanks Mocr13
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

or search for a bike in good condition but the engine in your town
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

I've had good luck on craigs or Ebay. Your best bet is to find a CRF250 with a blown motor if you want to do a Gen 4. It is not difficult to sell all the unused parts on Ebay and recover most if not all of the money spent on the chassis.
kelroy_leon

Post by kelroy_leon »

What gen are you looking to do ? I seem to have a bit of luck finding rollers.
OLD: You don't know what the f--k you're doing.
PREFERRED: I think you could use more training.
mocr13

Post by mocr13 »

I was thinking of looking for a 3rd or higher,but beggers cant be choosers! but definatley not a gen 1,as I had a 98 cr250 and it vibrated so bad my hands would go to sleep in ten minutes of riding,but my 07 cr250 I can ride 30-40 minutes before the hands go! Thanks
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

They're pretty easy to get in California but I didn't have any luck at all finding one in NM- and I know people in the business.
So I guess it depends on your locality.
I ended up buying everything off of ebay which added a lot to the cost of my build.
03 CRF450/85 500
nickg

Post by nickg »

i am having a hard time finding a suitable roller in nj..what do they cost?
RideRed

Post by RideRed »

Craigslist is the best for me...If you go to this link, you can see all CRF's for sale in the USA. Go to www.bikefinds.com. Once there, select what you want and once that page loads, click on the MAP tab at the top middle. Its kinda like Google maps. then it will show all Craigslist, eBay & Cycle Trader listings for that bike.

I was lucky, I found a one owner Gen4 2004 CRF250R on Craigslist for $1300.00 It was practically new. I wish it was a 450F chassis, but its great as is. :D

nickg

Post by nickg »

i found an 02 450 with a somewhat bad engine (needs a kick starter) for 1000
I was leaning towards a 98-01 donor as they seem to be the easiest to convert. I had a 99cr250 and it was great
97af

Post by 97af »

My 05 250 2 stroke roller is still here....Never heard back from you from some time ago....
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, A TRUE friend will be sitting next to saying, DAMN THAT WAS FUN"
RideRed

Post by RideRed »

ISBB

Post by ISBB »

where are you located? I could use some extra cash right now and might be lookin at getting rid of my roller!
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC