ok here is my 94 steelie rebuild

Recount your rebuilds here!
crf69

ok here is my 94 steelie rebuild

Post by crf69 »

i only have this one pic so far....cuz i tore it apart immediately after owning it for one day Image
crf69

easier this way copy and paste hahahahaa

Post by crf69 »

crf69

Post by crf69 »

sending cylinder/sleeve/piston off to Glen ;) maybe a trail port i dunno
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

crf69 wrote:sending cylinder/sleeve/piston off to Glen ;) maybe a trail port i dunno
trail port is waste of money if you ask me. you want to make it slower and pussify it even more than what it already is ? the damn thing is already de-tuned like a motha fucka from the factory. if your going to fork out hard earned cash then get something that will give it some nutz. find someone that can port it to the max. :headbang:
crf69

Post by crf69 »

100hp honda wrote:
crf69 wrote:sending cylinder/sleeve/piston off to Glen ;) maybe a trail port i dunno
trail port is waste of money if you ask me. you want to make it slower and pussify it even more than what it already is ? the damn thing is already de-tuned like a motha fucka from the factory. if your going to fork out hard earned cash then get something that will give it some nutz. find someone that can port it to the max. :headbang:
u gotta remember i am in ohio....nothing here except bean fields....and the trail u do find is pretty much 1st and 2nd gear only....im not for max power i want reliability;)
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ok brotha. its your wallet :lmao:
crf69

Post by crf69 »

100hp honda wrote:ok brotha. its your wallet :lmao:
not unless you wanna contribute
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i contribute by helping you keep hard earned cash in your wallet. no amount of special porting is going to turn your bike into some magical trail machine. what you going to do to make it work any better ?.....its already de-tuned so far its pathetic. stock motor will work fine on trails. what i would do is change up the gearing alittle. 500 has a tall first gear that sucks for trails. maybe drop down to a 13 front or 52 on the back. i dont know man i guess i look at shit different than most people.
crf69

Post by crf69 »

100hp honda wrote:i contribute by helping you keep hard earned cash in your wallet. no amount of special porting is going to turn your bike into some magical trail machine. what you going to do to make it work any better ?.....its already de-tuned so far its pathetic. stock motor will work fine on trails. what i would do is change up the gearing alittle. 500 has a tall first gear that sucks for trails. maybe drop down to a 13 front or 52 on the back. i dont know man i guess i look at shit different than most people.
thats cool....im starting to think u may be right....the bike already has a flywheel on it.....13-52 it will have.......jus gonna have glen sleeve it and bore it to stock so.....yeah i think im good......rekluse may be next ;)
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i dont know if i would go 13/52, i was just saying you could try a 13 in front OR 52 rear. its hard to say what gearing will suite you best. get the gearing figured out then add some bark busters and skid plate then youll have a pretty good trail bike with all things considered.

probly best trail bike ever made right here :lol:

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

forgot to ask but your already needing a new sleeve ? you can bore them things 8 times.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

XR400's are the biggest piece of shit Honda prolly ever made.....
crf69

Post by crf69 »

100hp honda wrote:forgot to ask but your already needing a new sleeve ? you can bore them things 8 times.
yeah.....i effed up and bought a new piston 89mm....startin fresh ;)
crf69

Post by crf69 »

AlisoBob wrote:XR400's are the biggest piece of shit Honda prolly ever made.....
reliable and slow....not pos imho
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

All the weight of the 650, none of the power or suspension
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

for wide open desert trails i would go with the 650. for everything else ill stick with the 400. :lol:
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

nice build up, but you could just order another piston? its cheaper than resleave i think.oh well, i wouldn port it for trails either, id just chuck a larger rear sprocket, maybe run it rich with stock jetting. i run standard gearing with standard jetting and its pretty good for trails(if cr500s are good for trails ) but if i were you i would stick to a 14 on the front and just play with your rear sprockets. you may need a extra chain link(for a largerr rear sprocket) but its better than wearing down your chain guide which smaller front sprockets tend to do.(you could always just short shift your bike aswell).the other fella is right, these things are detuned to the max. less powerfull/more controlllable power band will help you be faster on most mx tracks which is why honda made them like that. good luck, keep it posted.

and as far as xrs go, i never thought they made a bad one? ive got a 98xr600 fully rebuilt/restored and ill never part with it. shit i even used to get competative times on a mx track on it :wink:

400s aint too bad, just a little underpowered for me.i never had the oportunity to ride a 650... one day.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
crf69

Post by crf69 »

i will....most all my major parts are out.....cylinder,head frame forks etc......got a new shock from hoofarted i hope......hour meter,new footpeg pins,.....hopefully if i come to my senses i will order a rekluse pro.....i have two crf450r's with them......i cant ride without them im spoiled!!!!! obviously a big 2 smoke is missing in this pic

crf69

Post by crf69 »

sorry i love whoring out my pics of my love for hondas ;)
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

i always thought a 650r would of made a good streetbike. have you raced one yet?
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
crf69

Post by crf69 »

thestuz wrote:i always thought a 650r would of made a good streetbike. have you raced one yet?
never been on a 650r....a 450r is what u see
crf69

Post by crf69 »

currently waiting on oem frictions...lock washer........89 graphics......frame from powdercoater...........cylinder from glen gss.......head from decomp guy adam......and e-line pipe gaurd........prolly be end of this month i will have the pieces :D
They should take the warning labels off of everything and let stupidity sort itself out.
crf69

Post by crf69 »

recieved my decomp head from millar ;) just need cylinder from glen;) start pieceing it together after that!!!!.......rekluse pro install was idiot proof
They should take the warning labels off of everything and let stupidity sort itself out.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

crf69 wrote:hopefully if i come to my senses i will order a rekluse pro....i cant ride without them im spoiled!!!!!
Thats a sad statement
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

thestuz wrote:i always thought a 650r would of made a good streetbike. have you raced one yet?
They suck as a street bike but if you only have to white line it for a few miles they are ok
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"