250 subframe on a steelie

Recount your rebuilds here!
knucklemeat

250 subframe on a steelie

Post by knucklemeat »

ok guys,i've seen this done once,but don't know all the details. i would like to put a cr250 rear subframe,seat,fender and sides on my '97 steelie. anybody here ever done it or know what year 250 to scavenge for parts? i've seen the subframes go for 30-100 bucks and the airboxes for even less on fleabay,but i would like to know before i purchase. i've searched the webz high and low to no avail,and i need the superior intellect of the banned community on this one. oh,and the answer to all who tell me to go a/f is no. this bike was a gift from my wife and i will be buried with it,cold dead hands and all that. i just want to get it feeling a little more modern and sleek.

knucklemeat
support your local custom painter
kelroy_leon

Post by kelroy_leon »

Are you looking to use the 92'-96' style 250 plastics ? There is a post here somewhere that shows a bike with that done to it.
OLD: You don't know what the f--k you're doing.
PREFERRED: I think you could use more training.
knucklemeat

Post by knucklemeat »

not just the plastics,but the subframe and seat as well. the 250 stuff is a bit narrower and should make it easier to move my lazy ass around on the bike lol .
i have been riding a crf450 since the day my five hundo expired in cal city and really like the bar/seat/peg relationship and i'm trying to get the ergos on the 97 similar ,if possible .

knucklemeat
kelroy_leon

Post by kelroy_leon »

the guy im talking about did the whole set up, and the tank as well. i think if you type in hybrid in the search, you should find it.
OLD: You don't know what the f--k you're doing.
PREFERRED: I think you could use more training.
RideRed

Post by RideRed »

knucklemeat

Post by knucklemeat »

outfuckingstanding!! thanks a bunch that is exactly what i'm talking about. i knew i came to the right place. i've got some parts to buy first but this thing should be coming together by the first of the year.
thanks again, harry