Perris 9/29 ***Updated 10/6***

WTF Happened!!!!
iggys-amsoil

Perris 9/29 ***Updated 10/6***

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Well I wasn't going to say anything until the video went up. It was done last night with one minor change to the layout.

I got the double part of the triple down and the one before the finish line step up table. So theres three more to work on. The one next to the triple is the same gap doubling the trip but the corner is right there. The whoop section just flat out take tons of energy out of me for the next shorter double. :? The bigger one in the back section I did last race but now has an unforgiving landing if shorted. I almost pulled the trigger but almost doesn't count in this game. So next week I'm going back tuesday morning. Any takers. :lol:

Idoitboy Randy a novice being followed by an Intermediate, neither hitting the triple. I'm sure the Intermediate could.

www.IdiotBoyz.com/Perris0930HC.html
Last edited by iggys-amsoil on October 6th, 2009, 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
DesertCR

Post by DesertCR »

That looks like a lot of fun, I bet those doubles are a lot bigger than they look on camera. I'm buying a newer truck this week so maybe I'll meet you out there one of these days, we can also do a Pala ride if anyone's interested. I still havent gone but I"ve heard nothing but good things about the place.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Hmm.... Pala, they still owe me a T-shirt.
FZ1426

Post by FZ1426 »

Looks fun. Is that a "vet" or intermediate track? Looks fast and smooth which I like. I'll have to hit up Perris sometime soon. I hear it's good. I would go but I won't be back in town until later this month.
'06 CRF450R, '02 R1, '11 YZ450F
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Yeah I'd agree - that track does look fun - nice n smooth...may have to add that to the places I visit!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Typically it doesn't get to rough there, but as with most tracks come race day it gets worse. Starwest is the only other place that has the best dirt. Comp Edge a close second.

Its more a Novice/intermediate or say a B class level track, why I have a love/hate for it, but it has made me a better rider over the long run. The design has that no bull shit about it, coming out of a corner you better be fully committed before you even get into some of the corners if your going to make the jump. Actually the current layout has a couple of places that the 500 can be fully opened up. So there are fun spots to it.

Hopefully Craig (Vet X) will come out tues so we can make the landings more forgiving.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

You guys are side tracking me. :x Enough of moto mom, well except for one thing. This woman is pretty knowledgeable about how to ride motocross and was even coaching me some. :lol: Gota love it......................

Anyway, got 4 of the 5 doubles out there today. First I decided to bypass the whoop section to get the next one ok cool. On one lap I heard Sleet Dawg, a pro on the new 2010 Ktm yell at me to make sure I hold my line so we jumped together and make the pass, no problem.

The next one in the back section I waited until the third set of laps, figured if not now it may not come on race day but last race day it wasn't until the second moto til I sacked up for it but it was much tamer jump then. Cleared it nicely the first time, then see a downer rider by the triple. Crap I don't want to see that now. :x Cleared it couple more times, ok I'm good. Then getting tired, short it a bit, not bad, short it a bit more, ouch that almost got me, ok I'm done after that.

Call it a great day, go home in one piece and say fair well to Mom. :wink: :lol: Thank you John. :wink:
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

We need some more pics!!!!!!!!!!!! Side tracking is encouraged
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Hey DesertCR!!! and anyone else how wants to go. But I need your full name for the list to get in.

Proride.com is doing there annuel? ride day at Barona 11/14.

I've never been there and being a Saturday I guess I better plan on camping overnight.

Proride.com Barona ride day 11/14th.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

arleybeer40 wrote:We need some more pics!!!!!!!!!!!! Side tracking is encouraged
:lol:

Wally World? Nice2
DesertCR

Post by DesertCR »

Yeah Barona is a nice track, well taken care of and watered often. I may do that but the only thing I dont like about that track is that its tight and has a lot of turns and jumps right out of the corners. Not really a free flowing track but fun if you can ride it well. I wonder if its the normal $25/ride fee? Do you know by when we have to sign up?
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Yeah its $25. I always put myself and +1 if anyone wants to go. So your covered on that. I'm not sure when they'll need your real name to follow under mine and Iggs-oil.

I'm not sure if there's a limit to the number of riders this time, I don't think there is one. But I expect a couple hundred. So far its close to 50.

They could even split the practices so the woman and kids can ride safely. Then open it up towards the end of the day cause the fast guys are usually done early.

Having not been there and most likely never racing there I don't really care about the layout, I can always practice cornering and ruts if they develop.