boulder city mx 9/13

WTF Happened!!!!
dannygraves

boulder city mx 9/13

Post by dannygraves »

so, this was my 2nd time at a MX track. it was a totally kickass time. we got here at 7 am and right after they watered everythign I was the first to go out there and start on the vet/warmup track. I absolutely loved that track. I was down to my axles in mud aroufn the corners and the track was basically a series of table tops. after about 20-30 minutes on there I was clearing almost all of them and having a blast,
then I migrated oiver to the national track... DUN DUN DUN!
now I have one problem with the national track....... doubles!
anyway, I did a few slow laps where I cleared some of the really small table tops and sucked a lot of seat foam in my ass when some doubles snuch up on me :shock:
so after another lap I stop at a spot where MFDB and Jason are hanging out in the open area aroudn the track. Justin was dropping in the track, hitting 3 jumps and dropping out, turning around and doing it again while Jason watched (and looked scared :lol: ). So anyway, I stopped to watch and Justin was trying to convince Jason to follow him at the same speed and he kept telling him to just keep it in 2nd. Jason gave him a look that definitly said "um, NO". So I start following Justin and every time trying to increase my speed. It was a table top, a double and another table. The first table seemed to pop you up really well because you could hit it way slow, then the double was... I can't really tell, it was one of the smaller ones on the track, but maybe like 40 feet (just guessing, probably less).
anyway, hitting it slow, I was landing in the middle of the double, which was fine, but I really wanted to clear it. So finally one time, I get going (not realizing I'm in 3rd not 2nd) and I fully clear the first table and I'm feeling really good, so I gas it (not enough) to clear the table. while in the air the landing seems higher than I though it should be, then WHAM protaper pad in my FACE! I hit my face on the barpad not hard that my vision went dark for like a second, then I got thrown back which cause me to roll on the throttle which then caused me to loop! whcil in the air and unable to see anything I kicked the bike away from me and landed on my side/chest. The yellow flag guy was up and running before I even stopped sliding!
At first I thought I cased it, but now thinng about it more, I think I slammed my front into the face on the jump instead of clearing it and bottomed it out fully.
anyway, after I chilled for a minute I finished off the track and parked the bike for a while. later we went back to the vet track and had a good time, although I almost ate it the too when somne chick was watching with some HUGE knockers and little denim shorts, I couldn't stop watching her to watch the face of the next jumo! LOL

Justin brought some of his pro buddies, one fo them asked me to take my "cr5000" out :lol: he basically idled it aroudn the track in 4th and cleared everything and roosted like crazy, then came back and said "wow, I don't like that" and gave me my bike back :lol:
if it were cooler and less windy we would have been there all day!
so, today I hurt so bad! it took me half an hour to get out of bed! and my side from my hip to halfway up my chest is all black and blue and I have another black eye :roll:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Video?
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Justin had his helmet cam on, but he missed the crash because he was turning behind me :? theres never a camera rolling when I have a really good crash :lol:
hopefully he'll post up some of the video he got.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Ouch!! Yeah them big ole titties will do that do yah. :P
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote:Justin had his helmet cam on, but he missed the crash because he was turning behind me :? theres never a camera rolling when I have a really good crash :lol:
hopefully he'll post up some of the video he got.
I actually caught the tail end of it! Its a long video and I dont have editing software, but about 3/4 of the way through is the goods!

Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

sweet! man, if only you were a couple seconds sooner :lol: :lol: That was a good time, when are we going back? :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

wow, I did not realize how close it was when I jumped out of the way! I like stood up, jumped off the track and you went right by! :shock:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote:wow, I did not realize how close it was when I jumped out of the way! I like stood up, jumped off the track and you went right by! :shock:
Yeah we almost made a "manwhich" didnt we? :wink:

I dont want to go back till it cools off a lot more, its tooooo dam hot!

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, the heat really sucked while standing still. of coarse we also left at 11:30ish and I'm sure by 1 or 2 it was burning up there.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote:yeah, the heat really sucked while standing still. of coarse we also left at 11:30ish and I'm sure by 1 or 2 it was burning up there.
Shit, it was burning up BEFORE we left at 11!!! :lol:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Why do you think the young chicky babe was in those denim shorts, because it was hot. :roll:

If it wasn't hot you would of missed out on her. :lol: :lol:

Danny you sound like you enjoy crashing in a big way no half measures.
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Looks like fun

Hey mfdb when do you change too blue plastics?
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

CR500R7 wrote:Why do you think the young chicky babe was in those denim shorts, because it was hot. :roll:

hey man, go big or go home! even though I hurt myself, I would have felt like a pussy if I didn't try to clear atleast 1 double while I was there! :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

youll land it next time Danny :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

thx Jay :wink:
you know, the funny thing is I gained more confidence after I crashed. I think next time I will be better prepared mentally.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Realized the Bro look was played out? Or you black ones finally got too scuffed up? ;)

I used to cut a section of the Elsinore track all the time and only loop my favorite part. The vid looked good. Place looks fun. Try pointing your cam backwards - gives a different perspective! :)
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

hoofarted wrote:
Realized the Bro look was played out? Or you black ones finally got too scuffed up? ;)

I used to cut a section of the Elsinore track all the time and only loop my favorite part. The vid looked good. Place looks fun. Try pointing your cam backwards - gives a different perspective! :)
The "bro" look is sitting around next to your bike showing off your rediculous tats instead of riding... :wink:

The black ones finally just got to trashed over the years and I hadnt decided yet wether or not to go all red/wht/blu or back to black/red so I just put my stockers back on for now... :lol:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

dannygraves wrote:
CR500R7 wrote:Why do you think the young chicky babe was in those denim shorts, because it was hot. :roll:

hey man, go big or go home! even though I hurt myself, I would have felt like a pussy if I didn't try to clear atleast 1 double while I was there! :wink:

YEP you are right, GO HARD or STAY HOME!

Or was that STAY HARD and GO HOME!

Or maybe GO HOME and STAY HARD!

Well something like that I guess. :roll: :roll:
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
DesertCR

Post by DesertCR »

I'm still workin on tables and slowly trying to increase the length but one thing I noticed about jumps is that you always have to go faster than you think (atleast for me), I'd rather over shoot than under, especially on a double. But it sure is addicting, riding the track huh.
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

DesertCR wrote:I'm still workin on tables and slowly trying to increase the length but one thing I noticed about jumps is that you always have to go faster than you think (atleast for me), I'd rather over shoot than under, especially on a double. But it sure is addicting, riding the track huh.
Dude I can't jump rope let alone a double. I could use a double though.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

DesertCR wrote:slowly trying to increase the length but...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

M.F.D.B. wrote:

Whats the point if you don't get to use it anyway. :? :? :?
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

[quote=""SOLID Bro!!""]
DesertCR wrote:I'm still workin on tables and slowly trying to increase the length but one thing I noticed about jumps is that you always have to go faster than you think (atleast for me), I'd rather over shoot than under, especially on a double. But it sure is addicting, riding the track huh.
Dude I can't jump rope let alone a double. I could use a double though.[/quote]

I miss track riding alot. There was an outdoor venue I raced in 1991 up at Bellingham. There was a set of 60 foot doubles but it was a real short approach so you had to hammer it hard out of the corner and stay on the gas until you left the ground. Pretty harry shit, but a hell of a lot of fun. But I hear you, I'd rather over shoot than under jump. You can always smooth it out a little with the throttle if you go to far.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

M.F.D.B. wrote:
So, how did that 7-day trial work for you?
:wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, the speed is a big problem for me, I keep thinking I don't need to go as fast, plus I'm having throttle control issues. It seems like being on a 500 means you need to his things way faster because when going slow the slightest variation in throttle throws you all over the place. I wheelied off a lot of jumps just from giving a little too much throttle, then if I gave a little less, then I was nose down and puckering up.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80