the future of 2's

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
roost251

the future of 2's

Post by roost251 »

http://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-relea ... rokes,5553

Great news to hear, now we are waiting for a 500 model :-)
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

to bad they still want 7 grand for a 300. :cry:
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag
DesertCR

Post by DesertCR »

I honestly think that my next bike, either a 2 or 4 stroke will be a KTM. They are only ones that have really stuck with the 2 stroke and I like their lineup of bikes in general, many to chose from. BTW, a yammy 250 2t aint cheap neither, none of them are.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

yep i like the ktm comitment to advancing the 2stroke. ive never rode one of their new bikes, so i dont know how good they are but atleast their continuing the pursuit. more than i can say for the wash out jap manufacturers. i think honda will doom their self by only offering a small line up of 4strokes...... but then again maybe not, because theres a sucker everyday willing to pay $7,000 for a pile of shit that will cost thousands to rebuild when it blows up.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I rode a new ktm 2 stroke 300 at a demo day. If you ever get a chance or win mega bucks you gotta try one. I'd own one in a heartbeat, MX, woods whatever. very very nice bike, smoooooooth and fast. I'd own one now if it were a honda.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

300 dont have enuf powah :nono: :lol:
quantum500

Post by quantum500 »

If you give them a little massage in the porting and some powervalve timing they are pretty damn potent. 100CC up grade with the same power curve would be perfect. If you like to go fast in the bumps wait until next year and then you get linkage suspension. It is still a KTM though. They have not improved drastically from the old 550 that you have Clyde. They go fast and put a big smile on your face but working on them sucks! More in the department of engineering rather than quality. I find myself saying "why the fuck?" a lot around a KTM. A CR500 has one of the lowest "why the fuck?"
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

Yah like having to remove the shock and subframe to get the head pipe out on my 450 :evil:
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

quantum500 wrote: I find myself saying "why the fuck?" a lot around a KTM.
:lol: yep. heres my list so far of "what the fuck"

1- stator and flywheel design
2- gasketless head
3- waterpump with no weep hole and only 1 seal and plastic impeller
4- flimsy rod and bearings
5- cylinder doesnt use locating dowels
6- cooling system doesnt have a drain plug

ill send KTM some photos when im done re-engineering their bike :lol: . probly not alot i can do with the ignition so ill live with it. i will be able to drill and tap a drain plug but not much else i can do with the rest of the waterpump design. ive got the rod figured out, and i might try to machine a o-ring into the head, or possibly put some small dowels and have a gasket made, similar setup to a cr250.....thats a last resort if i have sealing problems. only time will tell.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

the ktm boys just sent a package to the lil cuz yesterday, new cranks. Said they are instructed to change them in that 450 every 8 hours regardless