Speed traps in your area

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
britincali

Speed traps in your area

Post by britincali »

Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Um, did someone just get a ticket? :lol: But anyhoo, lol, that websight is accurate. I looked up a place near me and there it was, people all gacked up about a well known ticket area. Here is my posted responce:HAHAHAHAHA someone told me about this site so I checked PV, and BAM! Peeps are tweaked about Glassford Hill. I know before those cameras went in on the signals, the limit was 55mph. I got the picture, got a speeding, and a red light run evelope, but no ticket, only warnings. Now I go 34mph, you should too hillbilly.
:twisted:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
iggys-amsoil

Re: Speed traps in your area

Post by iggys-amsoil »

britincali wrote:This is pretty damn accurate!
http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp
Thats like a year old for my town and I could add 10 more places to that list.
Knock on wood :chair: I haven't got one yet
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
britincali

Post by britincali »

iggys-amsoil wrote:

I haven't been pulled in 3 years...... banging on wood lol

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

britincali wrote:
iggys-amsoil wrote:

Come to Poway, I can fix that :nono:
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

not bad, actually pretty acurate. In poway one of the sites they listed is because of me :cool:

keep in mind in Cali a speed trap has a specific definition. It refers to the use of an electronic device to measure speed. the cop must have training, the road must be a certian size, may need to have an engineering survey etc... has nothing to do with hiding. We hide all the time. In fact I tell people where I hide and they still speed. Most of us use Lidar (laser) almost impossible to beat in court despite what you read on the interent.

Here are some use full tips for speeding (brit you might want to print this out you may need it). a city street (not residential) typically needs a survey before a cop can use radar/ lidar. The survey wil set teh critical speed at the 85th%. For example it's 43 mph. the city can then legaly set the limit at 40 (round down to nearest 5). If the city can justify mitigating factors, such as schools, hi traffic flow, high crash rate etc they can further reduce the speed by 5 more. If the posted is 35 and the critical is 43 a cop cannot use a radar/ lidar to write you a ticket till your above the critical, not the posted. If he paces you in his car he can right you for the posted.

Typically most traffic cops write for 5 to 10 over the critical but never the critical itself. Judges do not like it and they will climb into a cops case in a hurray.

In schools zones there is no grace. If the kiddies are in the area and your doing 30 remember to sign hard cause there are 3 copies.

Construction zones no grace, and the fine is double (must be posted as a construction zone).

Trailers or towing. the chippies love to write for this. Especially if your pulling a toybox or a high dollar boat. 55 is max and there is no grace.

the fine is typically $50 more for every 5 mph over the limit. when you reach 80 it is a mandatory court appearance and you cannot go to traffic school. Over 90 the judge at his discration can suspend your license for 10 days, over 100 30 days, over 110 mandatory 30 day suspension.

If you are stopped for over three hazardous moving violations at once you can be cited for reckless driving (23103VC). 2 points, 30 driving suspension. Oh by the way Brit a burnout is actually two violations at once, exhibition of speed, and unsafe speed.

Happy motoring hoons :3g:
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

rabbit wrote: Trailers or towing. the chippies love to write for this. Especially if your pulling a toybox or a high dollar boat. 55 is max and there is no grace.

Happy motoring hoons :3g:

I see the signs and know the 55 law, but anything less than 70 will get you run over. Big rigs are running 70 all the time.
Very seldom do I see anyone pulled over getting a ticket. When I do see it, I figure they reeeeealllly messed up.

Now that I've said this I'm sure I've messed with my 'Mojo' and will be neverously checking my mirrors. :blur:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

A couple pointers for fast driving hoons...
I get pulled over a lot and have had many tickets and have learned a few things.
Don't get smart with the cop, thats a dumb idea. I've talked my way out of a number of tickets. Find out if he radared, or paced. If he paced, it gives you an arguement. If radar, pay the ticket and go to trafic school. If paced, find out for how long and how far back. I had CHP in Rancho Cucamonga pull me over getting on the freeway, I shot across 3 lanes on the 210 and sped up to 90 in my five-oh and saw him hauling balls in the shoulder to get me, but before he could pace me or anything I threw it in 4th and slowed down to 65 real quick. He decided to issue me a warning on the lane change and wrote me up for 80. I asked him if he radared me, he said no, so I said, "well, I know you didn't pace me, so how did you know how fast I was going?" he said "8 years of doing this , blah blah" so I didn;'t argue, signed the ticket and he never showed in court.

always go to court, even if pleading guilty, they will cut the fine in half. Also, always ask for traffic school even if you've done it in the last year, they don't do a very good job keeping track, it goes by court, then county. I did traffic school in 2 different counties in 4 different courts within about 4 months.

In neveada they don't keep track at all, the traffic school guy even told me that durring the traffic school I went to last month. All they do is change the ticket to a parking ticket after you show them the paper from traffic school. I've even had cops tell me its a money making machine, the second you slow the machine down, they cut you a break to get you out so the flow can continue. I've gone in to court with a $430 ticket and walked out with traffice school and $120 that I had 3 months to pay.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

rabbit wrote:
britincali wrote:
iggys-amsoil wrote: Thats like a year old for my town and I could add 10 more places to that list.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

rabbit wrote:. Oh by the way Brit a burnout is actually two violations at once, exhibition of speed, and unsafe speed.

:

I already knew that........ dont ask......

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

The owner of the company I used to work for was also a huntington beach cop, he used to have so much fun messing with his employees. Jen, the hot chick sales rep was hammered and had like 6 friends in her civic who were also hammered and he pulled her over and had a ton of fun messing with her, she was pissed! but he still didn't give her a dui, so it all worked out.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

rabbit wrote:
britincali wrote:
iggys-amsoil wrote: Thats like a year old for my town and I could add 10 more places to that list.

And probably safer than the hood too. CV.

What gets me is the last couple of weeks I have seen the chippies stand outside the cruiser pointing the radar behind them towards on coming, in the fastrak lanes on the 91.

Another tip. Ask/request/demand a jury trial. That really slows the revenue stream and there probably hasn't been a trial since the 50's. Just think if 10%.... would do to the court system.