My 89 After Getting Her Home

Recount your rebuilds here!
Alfaman

My 89 After Getting Her Home

Post by Alfaman »

Right Guys, this is how the bike looked last Sunday, lukily i have 2 of most things,and some parts i have 3 of :cool: ImageAlso have new panels still unopened, and 2 Carbs.ImageIm not sure what year the forks are , im told they are definetly later, both front and rear suspension have been re built for trackday racing because the bike has been in S/Moto trim for a few years.Image
Alfaman

Post by Alfaman »

Also Guys, I have 2 Carbs, am i right in thinking the PJ 38 is the standard ,and the other is a PWM 39, which is from a TM 300, should i stick with the 38..?????Image
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

sweet as si , 39mm , get it set up and see what its like then :wink:
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

Looks like you have some work ahead of you! This is all part of the fun, should look tits when you are finished. Post some pics of the finished product, when you get a chance. :cool:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

:cool: looks like a nice mosheen. the extra parts will come in handy
britincali

Post by britincali »

You keeing the SM wheels? If not PM me.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Alfaman

Post by Alfaman »

britincali wrote:You keeing the SM wheels? If not PM me.
Oh yes, the bike is road registered, so im building it as my Sunday toy to rip up the country lanes of Essex, and for some Trackday action, im a S/Moto addict and the 17,s are the only wheels i ever need.. :D
Alfaman

Post by Alfaman »

Time to add some pics, all the powdercoating done, engine is fully rebuilt inc a .75 Prox Piston kit, all new clutch plates...Magura Hydraulic clutch conversionImage........Had some problems with the front forks as they turned out to be late type CR 250, so i found a perfect pair of late 500 forks because i had a Braking 4 Pot Caliper to bolt straight on with a Braking 320mm Wavy DiskImage........Radiators had seen better days, but i repaired/stripped and painted them myselfImage..They took a week to doImage.......But im really happy with the finishImage.................Wheels have been sent to a wheel builder to be stripped, the rims Anodised Black with Anodised Red Huds, new Stainless Spokes with Black Nipples....Also bought a pair of Easton 35mm Superfat Bars and Clamp kit....So far so :cool:
redrider

Post by redrider »

Sick man. Even after seeing all these pretty conversions I still want a steely supermoto. You can put a modern suspension on them any way. Plus you've got that big comfy banana seat if you want to ride it for more than a bit. Mine was dual sported but I'm definitely going full street and slammed with an aggressive port after seeing a few of you guys' bikes. Good job.
I'd rather be hauling ass
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

cool keep the build progress coming
-Jake

CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Now thats how all CR500s should be built, in the house. :lol: :lol: :lol:
roost251

Post by roost251 »

what kind of bike did the white alum. 3 spoke wheels come off of do you know? do they use the stock axle with no mods? Rotors align with no problems or mods? thanks.
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

The matte black frame looks great. Really good choice. :cool:
Alfaman

Post by Alfaman »

Just a quick update of how the CR is coming along..I have had soooo many problems and spent twice as much as my budget :( Image
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

OK thats :( , but it looks great as well as :cool:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????