My TeemTrubble build frame #11

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
yota

My TeemTrubble build frame #11

Post by yota »

I struck a deal with Mike back on 3/4/09 for one of his beautiful CR125 conversions. He is providing me with a 2003 CR125 he bought from his neighbor with all of his mods and heat treatment, his ProCircuit pipe and silencer and shipping to my door. I am supplying and installing the CR500 motor, carb, elect and doing the rest, wheels, etc. He gave me a delivery schedule of 8 to 10 weeks and as the time draws near I'm getting excited and thought I would document the process. Here is my 94 donor bike in a backyard in miami where I picked it up in late Feb:

I rode this thing 2 Sundays at the Croom offroad park where I usually ride and after a little carb tweaking it ran like a top. I was surprised actually at how well this bike turned and how well the 15 yr old suspension handled our big sand whoops (I did change the fork oil). I took the head and rt radiator off and sent it to Mike about 10 days ago for him to mod and at that time went thru the top end with my friend Dredge from the other board. The crank and rod were tight and we did a light hone and I'm putting in new rings. The clutch was apparently completely replaced not long ago:

also got some mild port work with the package:

On 4/1/09 Mike sent me photos of the CR125 he is going to use for the conversion:

Before I did this deal I spoke to AJ and George about their products and I went with Mike on this deal based on everything I read on the 2 boards and the photos of his awesome fabrication work. I also wanted the build to be based on the 125 frame as I have a friend with one of AJ's LE's and I loved riding that thing in our tight woods. I will keep you guys updated as things develop.
Last edited by yota on July 6th, 2009, 11:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
torque monster

Post by torque monster »

Hope you have great deal of patients
south central hoon

Re: My Teem Trubble build

Post by south central hoon »

yota wrote: I took the head and rt radiator off and sent it to Mike about 10 days ago for him to mod and at that time went thru the top end with my friend Dredge from the other board. The crank and rod were tight and we did a light hone and I'm putting in new rings. also got some mild port work with the package:
i recognize the cracked exhaust bridge from the other board. post pics of the piston you are running... :shock:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

blow that bridge outta there and ride that sucker!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

yup.....
honda02

Patients

Post by honda02 »

I was getting ready to order a PC pipe from Mike for my TTM I building I don't know if a normal PC pipe will fit or do I need a special built one for TTM.

I still waiting for Frank to ship the frame to me I have a ride comming up soon with a lot of old times MX guys I want to ride with I hope my frame gets here soon I just waiting on the frame and to see what pipe will fit.
torque monster wrote:Hope you have great deal of patients
yota

Post by yota »

you mean the old beat up scratched up piston? We drilled 3 holes opposite the exhaust bridge and checked the fit against a brand new one Dredge had and it was just as tight. The crack at the exhaust bridge was actually chamfered by whoever did the port work.
yota

Post by yota »

speaking of Mike lately, he hooked me up with Dirt Digits out in Simi Valley to do custom graphics for my upcoming Teem Trubble beauty.

these are going on all white plastic.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Those graphics are awesome, what'd they set you back if you don't mind?
yota

Post by yota »

too much :roll: 199.00. If I'd gone thru Mike there would have been a discount but he's been busy. I'm not sponsered of course so I picked logos of stuff I actually use just to fill in the empty spaces. These are going on all white plastic.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Thats not a bad deal at all I think. I'm the same way, I don't advertise stuff I don't use.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

May 13th is going to be 10 weeks.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

10 weeks?
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Since the deal struck date of 3-4-09. :P See the first post Jason.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
yota

Post by yota »

god its like christmas when your 7 years old.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Ah. :wink:
yota

Post by yota »

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Those DNA's kick the crap out of Warp 9's.....

NICE!!!
yota

Post by yota »

ebay, 535.00 delivered with rim strips and rimlocks. 7000 series alloy laced to 6061-t6 hubs with 304 stainless steel heavy duty spokes.
I googled all over hell about them before purchase, couldn't find any negatives except a few guys that think only excels are acceptable with no reasons why. I think they are made in california but couldn't find any real info on the manufacturer.
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

Good choice on the DNA's, been running my set for over a year on trails and some MX with zero issues!!!
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
yota

Post by yota »

excellent, I am the log hunter so i need some strong rims :lol:
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

yota wrote:Image
Nice Wheels! What are they going on?
4Z

Post by 4Z »

KE 336 wrote:
A bike, I bet a CR500 conversion. Sorry, couldn't resist..... :twisted:
yota

Post by yota »

2003 CR125 with a 94 CR500 powerplant.
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

4Z wrote:
KE 336 wrote:
A bike, I bet a CR500 conversion. Sorry, couldn't resist..... :twisted:
:lol: In the voice of Foghorn Leghorn, " it was a joke son....a joke".
And yota, sorry to you as I couldn't resist. Did you order those from SLM Racing?