carb differences

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.

carb differences

Post by 484 »

sorry if this question is lame but how does my powerjet carb work? Is it a tiny nozzle in the venturi that starts to flow when it gets a strong enuf signal? That's how my old 2T tuning book describes it. So is it adjustable at all, I assume no as I can't find anything about it. I'm happy how my bike runs so far aside from some hard starting so this is more out of curiosity.
And what is a PWK carb, exactly, and why are they superior?
Again, about the hard starting, my bike pulls smoothly thru all RPMs, lugs awesome, responds well to the idle adjuster, so I think the jetting is at least pretty close if not good. At least on the bottom, as I haven't found a spot big enuf to check out the top for too long, lol. I think I just need to get to know it a bit better.
thanks
j
fastkart

Re: carb differences

Post by fastkart »

484 wrote:sorry if this question is lame but how does my powerjet carb work? Is it a tiny nozzle in the venturi that starts to flow when it gets a strong enuf signal? That's how my old 2T tuning book describes it. So is it adjustable at all, I assume no as I can't find anything about it.
I have a Mikuni power jet on my 41mm PWK. Once the throttle gets wide open the jet starts to flow. They are adjustable. Mine has individual jets to richen/lean the powerjet. With the powerjet you decrease your main jet by 20%. With the powerjet on my GSS race motor i have a 145 in the main, and a 90 something in the powerjet if I remember right.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

the powerjets ive seen are adjustable. some are also installed at a certain depth, so they start to draw fuel once the slide is open at a certain point. all depends on the setup you have

Post by 484 »

thanks guys. Why the F doesn't my manual say anything about it? Honda service manual 92-96, printed in 95. mines a 96, built 5/95 I think. It gives the standard mj size as a 170, so it is denying my pj's existence. Well it runs OK so no biggie. I'll pull it apart some time when I'm bored and have a looksee.
j
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

PJ doesn't equal powerjet. You have the stock PJ carb on your bike, unless you've got the extra hardware pictured here:

http://www.thunderproducts.com/thunder_powerjet.htm

Post by 484 »

well I'll be damned.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

484 wrote:well I'll be damned.
you thought it was a powerjet :lmao: . thats funny right there
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

We all have to start somewhere. :wink:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »