Honda Dealer Question?

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
Iceman

Honda Dealer Question?

Post by Iceman »

Question/information for Honda riders:
Back ground info for my question: Here in Calgary Alberta (population ~ 1 million people), we have went from 3 Honda dealerships (all three dealer are very large in size) to 1 in the last couple of years. That last dealer has 1-2 honda bikes on the floor and about 200 suzuki’s. I was told that Honda is trying to incorporate a large dealer approach, which would include (cars, suvs, motorcycles, lawnmowers, generators ect. Under one roof). Side note* Honda took away the dealership from Blackfoot Motorsports which ran the official Honda Canada motorcross team back at the end of 2006.
The other day I was trying to order a Honda CRF 450 carb diaphragm from one of the former dealers and they said try a Honda dealer. It was obvious that this guy wanted nothing to do with any Honda products.
This has put a thorn in my side, here I am with 3 honda dirt bikes and 1 generator, and to get any stock parts, I’m effed. I can get parts for KTM 525 and my wife’s 85sx easier then any Honda part. Times have changed.
Is there any sign of this happening in the US? Or, maybe this is just a Canadian thing.
2002 CR500 AFC
FMF fatty, V-force, 39PWK, Dyno Port engine, EGT
robertg

Post by robertg »

The rumor around Winnipeg is Honda wants to do the same thing. I heard Honda Canada was in financial trouble a little over a year ago. The cross border shopping was hurting them.

We still have one big dealer here, and a few small ones within a couple of hours on the city.