AZ HOONFEST 2009

WTF Happened!!!!
dannygraves

AZ HOONFEST 2009

Post by dannygraves »

What an absolutely awesome time! Some kickass brutal riding as well as some super fun high speed stuff! Hoons all around chillin' between rides sharing food and beer, just an awesome time, I'll be there again next year!
Thanks guys!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

Im tired, brused and sore.

Bitchin weekend :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Glad you guys had fun. Who all went? And did anyone camp out, or did most peeps go to hotel rooms after the days rides?
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

most camped out. there was the lewis clan, bobber's clan,algava and fam, pstofers, slomas, ellet, brit, shanman, trace and all the AZ guys like BigD.
MFDB and I crashed w/ Mrs MFDB's family who like like 30 minutes from there, most of the rest camped out at the site.
Shanman led some badass rides for us (the easy ride :wink: ) which was really just a faster ride, but still had the nasty stuff. Just totally a kickass weekend, everyone was super cool and the comradery was bar-none. :D

BTW, I'm hurting pretty bad today, I bet SHanman can barely get out of bed, that guy was haulin' ass and hadn't been on a bke in 2 years! :headbang:

Bobbers trail 90 died on the trail and MFDB rode vicki's qwad and towed bobber back and bob ate it pretty good! I'm still laughing!

MDFB got some good helmet cam footage of when he ate it because his goggle fogged up! another really funny oe, but not as funny as when he almost pushed brit off the trail for talkin' smack! :lol: :lol: :lol:

just an awesome weekend with tons of laughs, good food, great riding and some good ol' shit talkin' :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

:worthless:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

teemtrubble wrote::worthless:
yea, what he said
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Exnav wrote:
teemtrubble wrote::worthless:
yea, what he said
X2
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
MICK

Post by MICK »

dannygraves wrote:MDFB got some good helmet cam footage of when he ate it because his goggle fogged up!
:lol: been there, used that excuse before :lol:

Sounds like an awsome ride, wish I was there. Looking forward to seeing pics and video. Especially the helmet cam footage, that stuff pumps me up!!
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Any bear-ass-cholla stories? :lol:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sounds like a good time :cool:
britincali

Post by britincali »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Any bear-ass-cholla stories? :lol:

Armpump and cr-whatshisname got nailed pretty good :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, AP basically landed with his back on a cactus! :shock: I know stoffers got a needle or two in his hand.
MFDB and I both have the oakley "dunes" goggles and we both were blinded by fog until I used shanmans knife to cut some holes in the foam and mfdb did the same... no more fog after that.
I think the lewis clan had like 10 pinch flats :shock:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Brit, get a shot of that leg and post it dude!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

Wow, what a kick-ass time! I really had forgotten how much fun riding is...but no more!!! I really had a great time leading, following and on occasion, trying to get out of the way...LOL. What a great collection of Hoons! By the way...which boon walked off with that ignition cover? Hmmmmmmm......fess up...
CR500AC widget maker
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

RIDERS DONT HAVE TIME TO TAKE PHOTOS
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

ShanMan wrote:Wow, what a kick-ass time! I really had forgotten how much fun riding is...but no more!!! I really had a great time leading, following and on occasion, trying to get out of the way...LOL. What a great collection of Hoons! By the way...which boon walked off with that ignition cover? Hmmmmmmm......fess up...

:roll: I did :confused: You seen me take it?
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
britincali

Post by britincali »

ShanMan wrote:which boon walked off with that ignition cover? Hmmmmmmm......fess up...

I though hard about lifting it but im my old age I must be becoming honest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last I saw it was on the table by Js trailer door :? :?

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

tsk tsk, that is not very hoon like! :?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

my thoughts exactly..... :roll: let's just say in the spirit of Hoonship....you owe me bro. :twisted: And...I saw you pocket it and then put it on the table...not re-pocket it....
Last edited by ShanMan on February 17th, 2009, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
CR500AC widget maker
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

well, I for one will be looking out for it on peoples bikes. was it the "1/2 liter thumper eater" one?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

let's not turn this into a "deal"...it's not that big of a deal. I offered up the cover to be given away as a good gesture for a great group on a great weekend. It didn't get given out so I thought I was taking it it home....looks like we "gave" it away after all. :cool:
CR500AC widget maker
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:lol:
ok, cool.
was probably one of the kids, you know how kids can be :lol: well, hopefully it gets put to good use.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

prolly see it at the next hill climb event... :wink:
CR500AC widget maker
britincali

Post by britincali »

dannygraves wrote::lol:
ok, cool.
was probably one of the kids, you know how kids can be :lol: well, hopefully it gets put to good use.

Jesus H danny, read the first post on this page :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

HoonFEST 09' was a blast.... Great riding, great friends.

Where to start?

Well, the ride was more organized this year. We had a 1 hour "test ride" on a "B" loop, to feel everyone out. After that, you had 3 rides to choose from .. "A" , "B", or "C". This differs from years past, where EVEREYONE rode the A/B Loop. I kinda' have mixed feelings on it. When everyone rode the A/B, that was considered a "Rite of Passage" into being a True Hoon. Now, you can choose the riding level your comfortable with.

I gotta' think about that one.

I shouldnt talk, I rode the "C" loop. I am getting over a broken leg, hurt hand from a week ago, and am riding in the Adelanto GP next weekend.. but I should have gone on at least one of the more difficult rides. Having the whole Fam Damily along didnt help.

Slomo and C/R went on the "A" rides.... They called them RETARDED!. I'll let them explain what they mean by that.

Britincali was the topic of most conversations.... It was either about how little his gromming habits have improved, of how much his riding has improved. :roll:

Lots of kids attended this year. James Lewis and Kolby Elllett rode like big dogs, my kids zoomed around at a pretty good pace. "Big G", Al Gava's son was just getting his feet wet, riding his 50..... All the kids had a great time.

The conditions were really good!! Damp trails = No dust and great traction. The local yolkals have put some time into grooming some of the trails near the staging area. This made for some fast paced "C" loop riding!!! Shanman, Elletts, Vegas Boyz, Me, Lewis Boys and a few others had some good 15 / 20 mile rides at a fast, fun pace while the hardcore guys sluged it out on the "A" stuff. EVERYONE had good times.

The food was off the hook, as usual. While some of the more exotic stuff didnt hit the menu this year ( Lobster, Scallops, 5 Count Shrimp, etc..) their was plenty to be had.

John Ellett cooked up some mighty fine " El Dorado Steak" , Lewis has his traditional Tri- Tip, I brought 3 platters of Hoon Potatoes, Al Gava served up some great meats, My wifs Vicki brought Hoon Salsa and Baked Salmon and Mrs. Lewis Clan, Cyn, made a sausage and pasta dish that disappeared in seconds.

Lewis Clan also provided a nice breakfast spread each morning, and a fruit basket all day. The ride wouldnt be the same without you guys....

THANK YOU, From all the Hoons!!!!

The " BANNED" and "Never banned" groups got along quite nicely. Its alway good to see my buddy Tracy ( Arm Pump) He's a hell of a rider, and a nice guy too...... It was great to spend a few days with him. "Big D", Don, was there. I have some past history with him that isnt so friendly. Don was very nice to me this trip... He always made sure Ihad food, a cold beer, or a place to sit .... we got along fine.. hell.... he bought $20 worth of BANNED stickers that I brought. The past is the past Don, I'm glad were friends again.

Shanman hit the trails for the first time in 2 years.... picked it back up.. QUICK. Great job Hoon.

I spotted 1 Steel frame 500 this year. ..... 1!!

Shanman is responsible for the majority of the Home Built A/F's as I see it by getting the ball rolling with professional hardware that set the bar pretty high. No scabby homebuilts have been seen after Shan came into the picture.... Thanks for everything Shannon.

Injuries this year? Some needles found their way into A/P and C/R.... but nothing too bad. I had the Trail 90 take a shit, about 3 miles from camp. I think the coil is shorting out. MFDP was nice enough to tow me back in. One time I tapped the back brake which threw mw foreward... which made me push the back brake even harder... you get the picture...

I wadded it up pretty good, tore my right titty off on the turn signal... Friggin' Hurt! Graves in laughing his ass off..... I wasent.

About 500 yards later, I accidently kick it into gear.. instand rear wheel lockup... there goes my left titty in to the triple clamp. Again Graves howls...... Fucker.

Brit had a near life threatning injury when his foot slipped off his kicker, and it rubbed up against his boot. He was almost "Life-Fighted" out, but somehow found the stregnth to remain with the group. What a trooper. No wonder the Germans got their asses handed to them in WWII.

Every night, along with the great food and bullshit stories, we watched movies on my big screen projection TV. Some Hillclimb vids, some movies.... good times.

I think thats about it , I'm sure I'll remember more.... Heres some pictures.

This is me, I stuck a "BANNED" sticker on Armpumps truck..... :headbang:

The kids , Rockclimbing, above camp

MFDP towing in 1 broke down 90, and 2 sore titty's

My Christmas Card picture for this year.

Thanks again Trace for all the good times, and bringing out some of the local talent like Brenda and Farmer Karl to help out, and show us what Fast really is.

:clink: