MPS - AGAIN

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
AUSSIECR500AF

MPS - AGAIN

Post by AUSSIECR500AF »

Hi all,
Its been a while since my last post, but still visit the site daily. Mid last year I purchased a MPS conversion from George. Upon delivery and first ride, I noticed oil leaking from the bottom of the case. Got home, had a good look and in short, the case was cracked. Having purchased on E-Bay and living in Sydney, Australia, I thought I just bought a lemon. However, George kept in contact and when I told him about it, I received 2 new cases (left and right) within 1 week. In between engine rebuild, I decided to give the 500 a makeover and this is how she looks. As for the craftmanship, I will let you decide. Everyone is entitled to their own opinon and that I respect. I know I am extremely happy. I have also decided to show his work (best I could do at the moment) as I know many of you are asking about the quality of his work. I have seen some excellent work on this site and personally I am proud to say I am a member of the 500AF family. Keep up the great work everyone!!!!!!

pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Nice :cool:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: MPS - AGAIN

Post by AlisoBob »

AUSSIECR500AF wrote: George kept in contact and when I told him about it, I received 2 new cases (left and right) within 1 week. ......

I know I am extremely happy.
Great product support..... Glad to hear of someone standing behind their work.. pretty rare now-a-days.

Bike looks good, I would redo the lower left radiator connection.. but thats just me.
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

Thats a nice looking machine.
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

I'll support everyone who cares about the CR500's or AF conversions ,i'll never ever ever will say this is a shitty work

'cos i think that everyone who makes-made his own conversion is a "bad ass"

my bad is my poor knowledge about welds...

But i saw great welds and shitty welds

nothing wrong in your bike mate,your bike looks great as far as i see

and you are a now a new member of the "aluminium framed club"
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
97af

Post by 97af »

Great looking scoot! Mine will be its copy in white also, 250 frame form though.
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, A TRUE friend will be sitting next to saying, DAMN THAT WAS FUN"
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

yep well tidy cr500af , looks great dude :cool:
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

i've only ever seen Gen3 450 MPS conversions...i honestly think every bike i've seen of theirs uses that chassis. It's a wicked chassis, and things like kickstarter clearance, rad clearance with the Y section, ease of relocating Y section, plug clearance and overall size make it a wicked bike to slap a five hundo into...congratulations...i love my gen3 450 conversion...
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

Great looking bike! I don't care what anyone else says or thinks, MPS does a great job and I've never had anything short of the best support from George.
'87 CR500R / (2) '01 CR500R / '02 MPS CR500R AF / '06 XR650R / '06 XR650L / '01 XR400R / '01 FLHTCUI / '04 CRF 450R / '84 CR500R / '89 Transalp /'05 CRF450X / '02 XR200R
Jay Birdsong

Don't you know about the Bird?
MICK

Post by MICK »

Things done a little differently...but I don't see anything that doesn't look fun about it. No fancy heat treating or musuem quality welds but it looks like a hell-of-a-good time to me! :ride: :whoop:

Glad members are giving AUSSIE a thumbs up for a nice 500AF instead of shoveling shit on him because it's a MPS :roll: Afterall, he could be riding a 450...
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

Balaclava wrote:i've only ever seen Gen3 450 MPS conversions...i honestly think every bike i've seen of theirs uses that chassis. It's a wicked chassis, and things like kickstarter clearance, rad clearance with the Y section, ease of relocating Y section, plug clearance and overall size make it a wicked bike to slap a five hundo into...congratulations...i love my gen3 450 conversion...
:?
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

So bikes from mps come with decals that say CR500AF on them? is that not an AJ pet peeve? doesn't he mention that on a regular basis that AF is a S/H trademark? well george doesn't seem to give a shit...
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

I've never seen those graphics before; the ones I've seen said MPS500AF - maybe they're new. And yes, I've heard both sides of the story from George and AJ. It all goes back to the registering of the trademark issue.
'87 CR500R / (2) '01 CR500R / '02 MPS CR500R AF / '06 XR650R / '06 XR650L / '01 XR400R / '01 FLHTCUI / '04 CRF 450R / '84 CR500R / '89 Transalp /'05 CRF450X / '02 XR200R
Jay Birdsong

Don't you know about the Bird?
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

:cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Great looking bike. Congratulations and enjoy! :whoop:
AUSSIECR500AF

Post by AUSSIECR500AF »

There is always one in the crowd. Balaclava, the decals were designed by myself. MPS had nothing to do with it. My rational behind the design was as follows.
Its my bike, i own it, so I can put whatever I want on it. Its that simple really!!!!!!. It doesn't show in the picture, but there is a C at the end of the AF. You cant see it because the font color is white.... :D

As for trademarks etc......, well, while you spend time online looking for this "so called" trademark, I will be on the track looking for the next double to clear.

Lets be real now. The 500 community is small to say the least. We are a family bonded by the very fact that NOTHING is better than a Honda CR500, modified or not, Irrespective of who/how it was built. Using a little commonesense, rationality would dictate that MOST people looking to purchase a 500AF would buy based on an educated choice. Its definately not an impulse desicion. This being said, when people come up and enquire about "getting their hands on an AF", I recommend MPS, SERVICE HONDA and TeemTrouble. Why? Because they build quality bikes. Its then up to the customer to decide who to go with. Many factors are taken into consideration apart from the quality, variables such as customer service, costs, history, people's opinions etc.........

So in short, a CR500AF is the bike (in my opinion only). SERVICE HONDA, MPS or Teemtrouble is the brand for which it stands on. I think 99% of people on this site realise this and worry about other pressing issues such as "where to ride next", or, "what is the latest bling I can throw on my bike"

Happy and safe riding to all.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

AUSSIECR500AF wrote:
So in short, a CR500AF is the bike (in my opinion only). SERVICE HONDA, MPS or Teemtrouble is the brand for which it stands on. I think 99% of people on this site realise this ....

Happy and safe riding to all.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
~Trever

Post by ~Trever »

That bike looks killer!
2003 crf450r
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

great thread, great bike. sounds like you ride it, glad to know its not a garage queen :ride:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

south central hoon wrote:great thread, great bike. sounds like you ride it, glad to know its not a garage queen :ride:
Red958

Post by Red958 »

Great looking bike !
If you ever decide to make more of those swingarm stickers let me know,
I'd love a set or two :D
AUSSIECR500AF

Post by AUSSIECR500AF »

Red,

Attached is the blue-print of the decals. I don't want to make any money from this as we are all one small happy family. The place I get them made is based in Queensland, Australia. Company is Performance Decals and Signage.
www.pdsgraphics.com.au
e-mail: pdssc@tpg.com.au
Not sure on cost, but will probably be around $30AUS + freight (cannot see this being more than $10AUS. Lucky for you, the AUS FX Rate is crap, so you will get yourself a good deal. Note to all, decals based on 450 02 model. He has the templates for all models. Good Luck!

MICK

Post by MICK »

Why are there two pistons? Shouldn't there only be one?

Just kidding, graphics look sweet. And big thumbs up to you for posting the blue prints and contact info. I'm a stingy bastard, nobody's getting my custom graphics :matrix:
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
AUSSIECR500AF

Post by AUSSIECR500AF »

Mick,

I initially had one piston, but it looked out of whack. I also wanted to mention 2 stroke somewhere in the decals, but wanted to keep it clutter free. So, I use two pistons to symbolize 2 stroke. Not many people will catch on, but the boys on the 4s that I ride with know the hidden meaning and they are shit scared. As for passing on the work, I understand where you are coming from mate, but If someone else likes what they see and want it on their bike, It will only make me smile harder knowing it looks the part.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Bike looks awesome man. You should be proud.