KYB and Showa Shock Service and Race Tech Gold shim stack

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
motorguy

KYB and Showa Shock Service and Race Tech Gold shim stack

Post by motorguy »

I found this site on the web and it's pretty good, was going to make one but haven't had time, this site does a pretty good job. A little more explanation on how to get the nut off the shaft would be good. I use a file and patients. If your nice you can reuse the nut. Use a file that cuts on the face and edge and file the peening from the end of the shaft being careful not to file the shaft beyond 10mm dia.
This is the link to the site: http://www.borynack.com/XR650R/Suspension/KYBSHOWA.htm
I have been working with a few different shocks and have vastly improved the off road manners of the rear end of my 92 steely.
When I get a chance I will post the stack specs, still testing different combinations. The chalenge is making it plush but, not too plush. There are so many variables that it takes a lot of riding, once you get close, to determine what change to make next. So far so good!
Also in the Feb issue of Dirt Bike magazine is a really good article on how to take your shock apart and put it back together, pretty good stuff.
Ride on!!!!
Motorguy
Blue Smoke is your Friend!
92 CR500 - 1/2 Liter Thumper Eater
98 KDX 220 Dual Sport
97 XR400 Dual Sport
94 XR650L Dual Sport
& street bikes