Compression and rebound settings

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
BigSteve

Compression and rebound settings

Post by BigSteve »

Any of you bigger guys (240lb+) have any recommendations for initial comp and rebound settings for the forks and shock ('93 steelie)? I know every bike is going to be different and spring rate and oil weight/volume are all going to be additional variables, but I'm just looking for a starting point. In fact, I dunno even what the stock settings were! :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Put some zip ties on the fork and shock rods..... go ride. See how much of your available suspension your using.

Until you get the springs right, the clickers dont do much.... I have always ran them pretty far out.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Unfortunately they need to be sprung for your weight then set the sag.

If the coin is there have someone that knows reshim the shim stack for the type of riding you do most.

But try 12-15 clicks out.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Unfortunately they need to be sprung for your weight then set the sag.

If the coin is there have someone that knows reshim the shim stack for the type of riding you do most.

But try 12-15 clicks out.
12-15? On both compression and rebound? What about the rear shock?
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Steve forget the clickers you need springs first because you aren't 240 lbs call me I'm in the shop today 805 306-9840
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Never said I was! As of this morning, I'm at 337 :shock: ...down a bit over the past year. 275 is my goal...
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

BigSteve wrote:Never said I was! As of this morning, I'm at 337 :shock: ...down a bit over the past year. 275 is my goal...
I meant everywhere. But at that weight its SOOLuck. Give TT a call, he'll hook you up.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

BigSteve wrote:Never said I was! As of this morning, I'm at 337 :shock: ...down a bit over the past year. 275 is my goal...
Join up on the Biggest Loser Hoon Edit. :lol: I gave up trying to dial in my boingers unless I re sprung, there isn't really any point. For me, untill I get the springs I prefer to have more rebound and go up as high as I can on comp. But even still with everything dialed all the way up I am still going in all the way over even the smallest bumps.

And Mike, you work too much! Take a day off dude! :lol:
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Springs have be to way off. Mike and I figured it up for me and using the stock 250 setup of my first gen, and my weight geared up 220lbs, it showed that the stock stuff was way way off.

Hence why my forks and shock are on their way to teemtrubble as I type this. :cool:
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

I know I need a .50kg/mm set for the forks and 6.4kg/mm spring for the shock...but I was just trying to make the thing a bit more liveable for now until I bust it apart. When I got it, the c&r settings were adjusted to the max.

Mike, I tried calling you today, but I musta missed you. I'll try you later in the week.