2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

EARTH DAY 2008: PREDICTIONS OF ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER WERE WRONG

Another Earth Day has passed, so this is a good time to look back at predictions made on the original Earth Day about environmental disasters that were about to hit the planet, says the Washington Policy Center (WPC).

Most Earth Day predictions turned out to be stunningly wrong. In 1970, environmentalists said there would soon be a new ice age and massive deaths from air pollution. The New York Times foresaw the extinction of the human race. Widely-quoted biologist Paul Ehrlich predicted worldwide starvation by 1975.

More predictions of impending disaster:

* "...civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind," biologist George Wald, Harvard University, April 19, 1970.
* By 1995, "...somewhere between 75 and 85 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct." Sen. Gaylord Nelson, quoting Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, Look magazine, April 1970.
* Because of increased dust, cloud cover and water vapor "...the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born," Newsweek magazine, January 26, 1970.
* The world will be "...11 degrees colder in the year 2000 (this is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age)," Kenneth Watt, speaking at Swarthmore University, April 19, 1970.

More fearsome prognostications:

* "We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation," biologist Barry Commoner, University of Washington, writing in the journal Environment, April 1970.
* "By 1985, air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half..." Life magazine, January 1970.
* "Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make," Paul Ehrlich, interview in Mademoiselle magazine, April 1970.

Source: Press Release, "Earth Day 2008: Predictions of Environmental Disaster Were Wrong," Washington Policy Center, April 22, 2008.

For text:

Get the whole nut here,

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=16404
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Al Gore saved us all.......

:roll:
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

Are you actually saying that you don't beleive we are experiencing carbon-based climate change?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

south central hoon wrote:Are you actually saying that you don't beleive we are experiencing carbon-based climate change?
I 99.9% dont beleive it.

I do believe our "recorded" history of the earth, is about nano-second "snapshot" of the big picture...

Its been way colder than it is now, its been way warmer than it is all.... ALL without influence of humans of any kind.

The Earth and Sun are very dynamic...... were just along for the ride.

Were pee-ons in the grand scheme of things.

Oh, by the way... al gore is a total dumbshit.
south central hoon

i don't love gore either, but turning my back on the millions of mega-tons of CO2 pumped into the atmosphere does not seem wise.

even pee-ons can have an impact. disagree? then explain the last 8 years of the bush administration.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Didn't he create the internet...
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

teemtrubble wrote:Didn't he create the internet...

Gore quotes:
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

"Democrats understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."

"Welcome to President Clinton, Mrs. Clinton, and my fellow astronauts."

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. Didn't I live in this century?"

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared.'"

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." -- Vice President Al Gore

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe."

"Public speaking is very easy."

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Democrat."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
south central hoon

[quote="AlisoBob] "People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." -- Vice President Al Gore "

yup. :wink:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Wrong!!!

I would have loved Bush to be a dictator..... and at leat get something done...

Heres Bush.... in a nutshell.....

"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

south central hoon wrote:Are you actually saying that you don't beleive we are experiencing carbon-based climate change?

To answer your question. YUPP! I think its a bunch of extremists Trying to get it their way. Just like the previous post of mine.

Now before you lose your cool and start bashing on me for my beliefs please allow me to explain.

I think we have a problem and you are correct in your thinking.
But to go all extreme and start compromising our way of life is going to far.

We can't afford to force auto makers to build a car that gets 185mpg.
It's almost impossible. To do what they are demanding. It cost to much
to do this and the only people that can afford these vehicles don't give a shit anyways.

Moderate rule change is good. To keep a business from building a factory that could heat houses cheaper or plants that can refine fuels cheaper faster to help the economy is completely idiotic.

In the words of The Blackness.

You can build a new clean coal plant.

But we will make it too expensive for you to run it.

It's like the jerkwads in NOCAL.

Were going to starve you SOCAL peeps because there is a smelt that breeds here in the delta. That water source happens to supply around 50% of the water that LA and OC use.

So tell me what good is a smelt anyways?

I know its a living being and it needs saving.

Well my yard needs over watering to keep the nat population up so the birds in my hood can keep churping. :lol:
south central hoon

have you ever seen me lose my cool?

I'm calmer than you are, dude :lol:
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

You got me on that one :lol: :lol: :lol:
dynodave

Post by dynodave »

south central hoon wrote:i don't love gore either, but turning my back on the millions of mega-tons of CO2 pumped into the atmosphere does not seem wise.
Whose administration and when was Co2 classified as a pollutant?

Gore? When did he become a scientist?

The answer is that no administration has done it yet.

Not Bush, Clinton, Bush, Regan, Carter, Ford, or any before them.

NOBama and his leftist envirofreak friends will though.

We're all gonna' be holding our breath.

It's unfukinbelievable!