What Bars to Get

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
JBaze

What Bars to Get

Post by JBaze »

I am 6'6" and have been riding alot lately. But I am finding the bars very uncomfortable (stock Renthals). What would any of you recommend for a good pro taper style with risers and and old school honda bend for taller riders? I know there are alot of other brands, just looking for ideas. Thanks.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/view ... c&start=12

I really like the "Quad" height Flexx Bar, and you can get aftermarket brackets to lower the foot pegs too......

I'm 6'7" , on a CRF250X A/F conversion..... I fit the bike well with the mods listed.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Who would you say to go to, to get prices on those flexx bars? Come to think, where is everyone going to get good prices and selection on accsessories for their bikes? Thanks for the info.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I got the bars from Ebay......

Christmas Flyers have some good deals..... check them out!!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I went with Renthal Fat bars because I got a good deal from a local dealer. The mounts raise the bars themselves almost an inch, and they are the Charmichal (I can't spell) bend which seems to be a little higher than the stock Renthals. It feels alot better. More on top of it rather than sunken down into it. We'll see. I have been checking out the trail tech computers, anyone have one? Good Bad ugly or what. I don't remember the model but it is $120 but has speed, rpm, and temps for all fluids. Looks cool.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

AlisoBob wrote: I really like the "Quad" height Flexx Bar, and you can get aftermarket brackets to lower the foot pegs too......
Plus the quads have a 12* bend instead of the stock 14* so your hands are a bit more forward. But mine are stock height.
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

JBaze wrote:I went with Renthal Fat bars because I got a good deal from a local dealer. The mounts raise the bars themselves almost an inch, and they are the Charmichal (I can't spell) bend which seems to be a little higher than the stock Renthals. It feels alot better. More on top of it rather than sunken down into it. We'll see. I have been checking out the trail tech computers, anyone have one? Good Bad ugly or what. I don't remember the model but it is $120 but has speed, rpm, and temps for all fluids. Looks cool.
skip the trail tech, use the cash for gas money to get to Arizona Hoon ride.... :roll:
robertg

Post by robertg »

Anyone try the new Easton bars? They sure look good, I think they are 1 3/8".
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I really like my fatbars, I have been riding the wheels off my bike and really like the stature and ride position they give. As far as the hoon ride in AZ, there isn't any other ride I'd rather go on, but my Wife just started a new job and I really don't have the bike ready to take on a ride like that yet. If a few things were different right now I'd be the first one there.
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

JBaze wrote:I really like my fatbars, I have been riding the wheels off my bike and really like the stature and ride position they give. As far as the hoon ride in AZ, there isn't any other ride I'd rather go on, but my Wife just started a new job and I really don't have the bike ready to take on a ride like that yet. If a few things were different right now I'd be the first one there.
I hear ya, it would be great to ride with some washingtonians again though. maybe you should plan a ride up that way. let the sun belt guys to get a taste of the northwest!
redrider

Post by redrider »

I have the trailtech vapor and its great. It also helps make my bike street legal, which was the main reason for it, but its great to see temps, other wise I don't even know its there. It did start to flicker on and off but I skipped wiring it up to a power source, I think that may have help but you would think it could stand up to vibrations. You can wire these into the ignition power if you want, it can handle somthing like 450 volts. They do what they say and they are easy to install. I recommend it.
I'd rather be hauling ass
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

get some ape hangers like bob :lmao:
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

Post by Exnav »

That may be the guy I see around StL all the time in the Summer. So much for quick steering huh?
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little