4X4 Tires

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

10 ply makes all the difference :D

Post by Exnav »

Same tire on my 1500HD CC was hell of lot better, so I was surprised when they didn't act the same way under my Dmax. Duh :D That's why I am adamant about the Load Range.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I've got the nittos, hands down they out perform the BFGs in every way and are cheeper. the toyos are too expensive for me
The BFGs get shit for street performance and even worse in the rain on the street. my nittos grab like velcro on the street, especially well in the rain. Kinda sucks because I have trouble breaking the nittos lose in the rain, but the BFGs on my ranger resulted in a lot of random 180*s driving around irvine in the rain.
My next set of tires will match the ones I have now, thats how happy I am with these tires, plus I picked them up for $180ea from 4WP if you shop around or have a hookup, they could probably be cheeper.

oh, and Justins Toyo mus only have like 1/4" tread left and they are a couple months older than my nittos which look new but dirty, plus I was following Justin up some dunes at dumont last weekend w/o even airing down.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

AlisoBob wrote:I saw a 4x4 Duramax CC SB with Bridgestone Dueler Revo's today. Owner said they outperformed and outlasted the BFG ..... any thoughts???

my buddy ryan had those on his ranger and they performed kickass, he even pulled a done up jeep on 35" BFG's in a tug of war in the work parking lot. yes, we really were THAT white trash!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I was just talking to my buddy Ryan and sent him a link, this is what he said in response to my last post:
"i also pulled a ranger out of a ditch sideways in super slick mud with no problem, and then they cleaned out within 25 feet back on good ol' tarmac"
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
MICK

Post by MICK »

The Wranglers are damn expensive. Too expensive to be outperformed by so many other tires that cost less. But it was a kick ass tire to have ten years ago.

Danny how many miles do you have on your Nittos? I sure like the way they balanced up. It required less than an ounce to balance each tire. That's sweet as hell considering their 34" size!

I whole heartedly agree with Danny about the Nittos. I do beleive they provide the best combination of street and off road performance. But if the occasional off road excursion doesn't float your boat a tire like the Bridgestone Revo would be a better buy. It's a favorite among many old timers I know.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I think I've got between 14-18k on them, I'll see if I can find the paperwork with the mileage . they look great, this weekend, I'm gonna rotate them since the fronts are getting a little rounded around the egdes from me driving my truck like its a vette :lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Yup I have the Nittos as well. Really do well in the wet. Are OK off road. But in the sand, they load up fast....then again I was too lazy to air down. I am happy with them and will consider the same tire when its time to replace them, especially considering the cost of whats comparable.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Now what do you have to say about tires Bob?
Last edited by teemtrubble on November 24th, 2008, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

teemtrubble wrote:Now what do you have to say tires Bob?
Danny's Nitto Grabbers look awesome!
Dakota Boy

Post by Dakota Boy »

COOPER Discoverer S/T

some seriously BAD-ASS tires in the snow and mud
1984 CR500 owner
Racine, WI
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Yokohama geolander A/T II

+ never look back!

bfg - wear out fast, dammn fast
mtr - cases are crap, wear out faster than bfgs
toyo - goes hard as glass after first 1/8" is gone
nitto i have no experience
BigBore0364

Post by BigBore0364 »

I grew up in Akron, Ohio which was the "rubber capital of the world" for many years so I try to stay with US made tires, same with cars. Good past experience with Kelly MSR's and Goodyear MTR's (current tire) I have run these on my F250 both have been good tires for me.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

The topic says 4x4 tires, and all I see is street tires for profilers. Yes the tires work off the pavement, but you will never see a true 4 wheeler using any of them other than the MTR's and the Bfg's. And that's just the guys that drive their junk to the trails. You want real 4x4 tires, expect to pay alot and have them last no more than 7,000 miles. You want long life and descent off road capabilities, buy anything you want and learn to air down.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:Image

Yokohama geolander A/T II

+ never look back!
Good budget tire, but don't expect 30,000 miles out of them on the highway. At about 20,000 they get damn noisy on the highway. I had them on both my Crew Cab 6 liter and my Crew Cab Duramax.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Seems to me we should all be running Dick Cepek tires. I like the mud country's in LT375/55R16. They are E rated and won't need to be aired down for the sand.
Crusher looks nice
Then there is the Fun Country's
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

my buddy ryan runs the dick cepecker's on his tundra and loves them.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

I've had 35" BFG AT's on trucks since 1985 and have never had one come apart, even on my F-350 that I pulled a 10k lbs. trailer with. The mud terrains are shit for the street but worked great on my old Toyota class 7 truck