Looks like MoJo got the family discount on Suspension Work..

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Looks like MoJo got the family discount on Suspension Work..

Post by AlisoBob »

The Boy

Mojo

Look similar to you?

:wink:
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

There's an interesting story there...

The XR70 I bought for Justin when he was still a bit short. To compensate and make it rideable for him while he was learning, I went to the hardware store and bought a turnbuckle. I replaced the rear shock with it and adjusted the height as he grew and got more comfortable til I could get the shock in. Then I bought him the KX65 when his riding progressed beyond the autoclutch's ability and put the turnbuckle back in for Jeremy. This picture is Justin taking a turn on it while Jeremy was taking a break from learning (dang show off didn't help his brother's desire to ride). The bike is gone now, Jeremy is on the KX65, Justin is on a YZ80 and can probably outride most of you boys. ;) The kid lives to ride. I wish I could manage it more often for him. I'd be set if Jeremy developed the same desire to ride.

My bike had the stock suspension resprung for me with compression clickers almost all the way out, as that's what worked best for me. That picture was landing after MAYBE 2 feet of air. I never jump. I was just showing Justin how to attack a jump. I have the vid, I'll dig it up. Fast forward to this year. I had my suspension professionally done. If I do a jump now, I get the same results. Imagine that. Good thing I don't jump much.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

OK so maybe it was 3 feet of air. At any rate, it was way higher than I normally get.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/moj ... c5716a.flv

Justin takes a header.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/moj ... 9d4795.flv
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

That "crunch" sound is TERRIBLE!!!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MojoScojo wrote: Justin takes a header.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/moj ... 9d4795.flv

I'm ok Mom, stop smothering me, really Mom, I'm ok.. get away from me Mom, I'm not hurt... O.K!.. Please Mom, let me get up, I'll walk it off... o.k?I'm ok Mom, stop smothering me, really Mom, I'm ok.. get away from me Mom, I'm not hurt... O.K!.. Please Mom, let me get up, I'll walk it off... o.k?

I'm ok Mom, stop smothering me, really Mom, I'm ok.. get away from me Mom, I'm not hurt... O.K!.. Please Mom, let me get up, I'll walk it off... o.k?

I'm ok Mom, stop smothering me, really Mom, I'm ok.. get away from me Mom, I'm not hurt... O.K!.. Please Mom, let me get up, I'll walk it off... o.k?

Too Funny!!!!

You wife should be a "corner worker" at those SX events.... Her response time was like 1.5 seconds.... The guys at the track seems 1/2 asleep most of the time.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

I think that's actually the sound of my frame and footpegs scraping the dirt.

Or my chain rattling...

Or my back tire hitting my PMB...

Or my front tire hitting the fender bolts...

Or my suspension bottoming out...

Or all of the above. :wink:
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

He had the wind knocked out of him and still managed to say all that. :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Dont forget your teeth.....

CLANK!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Hey Mojo, what age did you start your kids? I'm thinking about getting a pw50 for my boy, but the wife wants to wait until hes like 10, but I'm thinking like 4-5 on a pw50...
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

It all depends on the kid. Some are fearless, others...

Mine gave it a shot at age 7 on an XR70. He wasn't quite ready. It may have been different if he was on a 50. The bike scared him, I think. He tried again when he was 8 (at his own request) and has been gung ho since. The important thing is to let them go at their own pace. No pushing, just gentle instruction and encouragement at least until they're hooked.

This kid lives to ride. Nowadays, he wants to go ride with us big boys, so I tell him, "If you're gonna ride with the big boys, no meltdowns, and give it your best shot. No wussing out without at least giving it a go." I'll help him through whatever, provided I think he's either given it his best shot or it's beyond his skill level, but not before.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MojoScojo wrote:It all depends on the kid. Some are fearless, others...

The important thing is to let them go at their own pace. No pushing, just gentle instruction and encouragement at least until they're hooked.

Yup.. If they crash hard, and get hurt... their done.

DONT PUSH IT!

I waited until my boy could lean over a PW50 to 45 degrees , and pick it back up. We went to the dealer every month on his birthday date ( 22nd)

On our 4th trip there, he could do it. The ritual of going , and trying, got him very excitied about the day that he finally would pick it back up.

We didnt do the training wheel thing... Either you can ride, of you cant.

He was about 5 1/2 when he got strong enough to pick it back up.

This plan has worked very well.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Thats what I say too. If your not strong enough to pick it up.....

I've asked that Q to a few woman who were thinking about buying a street bike. Of course there's always enough men around to help. :lol:
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

cool, thanks for the advise guys! :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Thats what I say too. If your not strong enough to pick it up.....

I've asked that Q to a few woman who were thinking about buying a street bike. Of course there's always enough men around to help. :lol:
When my buddies GF asked if she could ride my black bike thats what I told her. She said "no prob" so i laid it on its side, she picked it right up, ohwell, so I went in and got her the keys!! A deal is a deal so if you are a man of your word, BE CAREFULL, whatch who you say that too!! :lol:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee