Ontario Hoon Fest 08

WTF Happened!!!!
CRMOE500

Ontario Hoon Fest 08

Post by CRMOE500 »

Myself and a fellow former Hoon Rock and Rolled at TobaccoSands farm with Tecrider and had a blast hitting the trails and fields in the area. Me and Tecrider had a couple chances to line up the AirCooled 500s and both bikes seem to run very even. It was a lot of fun Cool having those two vintage bikes running together and is a first for me.
After a few hours riding we made steak sandwiches, drank some more beer and then did more riding. Fun was had by all and before winter we plan on another ride. I have a few pics for now until I receive the rest from my buddys camera.
This is Tecrider tearin' it up!
ImageImage
Couple pics of me. Roost ON!
Hey John, are we allowed in this field?
Here is my favorite pic and soon to be my new avatar.
Air Cooled Power Lives! :twisted:
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Got the rest of my pics today. Wish I had got some of us racing in the field, but there is next time. Here is me and Gord after a few laps. Hey John where is the beer?ImageImage
Here is one of me while Gord is some where further ahead. He could take the corners pretty fast while I waited for the dust to clear and cautioned my way through. Something about having to go to work on monday kept me from over extending my rookie abilities. Safe is smart after all.Image
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
britincali

Post by britincali »

You better have hit something gnarlier than a field to be calling it a hoonfest :wink:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

britincali wrote:You better have hit something gnarlier than a field to be calling it a hoonfest :wink:
Brit you have to remember US Hoons outnumber Canadian Hoons prolly like 10 to 1 or something like that so 2 or 3 hoons together in Canada is a pretty good accomplishment even if they were just tearing up a field
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

We actually did almost 40k according to Geralds tripometer of various trail riding, backroad touring, and breaking trail through some steep hilly forest country. John had us cross this creek(gulley) on a huge log just wide enough for the four wheelers. It was at least 20' long, slippery, and with the 10' drop and the immediate hill on the other side to climb you can bet that not everyone would feel ashamed by not crossing it on an untamed CR500.
After all that and some chow is when me and Gord hit the bean fields. John cut the outer edge, so whats left is a wickedly fast track with a nice chicane and my favourite straightwayss, :twisted: . Gord does give a better description on the other board.
Next time out John says his AF will be blinged out enough to finally hit the trails, so I'm looking forward to going back and seeing it run.
I would have typed more the other day, but I jammed up my wrist really good on monday at work and it's finally mobile. That sort of explains my less than detailed report.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.