Silver Jack

WTF Happened!!!!
quantum500

Silver Jack

Post by quantum500 »

Fishing trip turned into death march. Six of us got together to go on a fishing trip. I didn't pack a pole but I did pack my bike and so did everybody else. Talked to a guy that is familiar with the area and he pointed us to alpine trial. He described it as "beef skin" with 100 switch backs. I didn't know exactly what "beef skin" was but I figured he was trying to say gnarly. I usually take these descriptive tails of gnarly with a grain of salt. Especially from someone that I have never ridden with. Well it was indeed "beef skin" and there was at least 100 switch backs and they were tight enough you had to dismount and swing your bike around to come down them. Only 2 of us took this trail. The other guys were more interested in fishing. On the way out I decided to take everyone on some killer single track. Not anything like the previous trail but pretty substantial for a beginner. The guy with the least amount of experience falls in the first five miles and breaks his clutch lever. I take the one off my bike and get it to work kind of. 1hr trail took 4 hrs. Here are some senic pictures of the area.

Castle peak

Shot of silverjack resivoir in the middle of 100 switch backs and some pretty cool natural spires

Same shot different angle

My buddy on my wifes KDX runnin' me down

Top of alpine

different angle

Fellow 500 rider packin' heat and he couldn't even hit a bluejay
Last edited by quantum500 on September 28th, 2008, 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

WOW
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Travis

Post by Travis »

That is some awesome scenery. :cool:
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Killer pics man! Where is that where your riding? Looks alot like some single track we have in w. wa.
quantum500

Post by quantum500 »

JBaze wrote:Killer pics man! Where is that where your riding? Looks alot like some single track we have in w. wa.
Ya know I was thinking that when I was riding it even though I have never been to WA. It's in the San Juan mountain range....Colorado about 20 miles from my house. More roots than I have ever seen in colorado.
TYSTYX

Re: Silver Jack

Post by TYSTYX »

quantum500 wrote: The guy with the least amount of experience falls in the first five miles and breaks his clutch lever. I take the one off my bike and get it to work kind of.
Thanks, you just reminded me to throw a spare one in my Camelbak HAWG.