Gen 1 A/F Conversion Drawings and Instructions!!

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

with the gen-1 you either LOVE it or HATE it.
a lot depends on your style of riding. the high speed desert style riding the gen-1 it bitchen! its very stable at speed and feels solid. it follows the direction you point it, not the tracks in the dirt/sand whcih means its great in the sand and gravel and mud.
its sucks donkey balls on an MX track or in single track if you are used to how the gen-3 and 4 bikes handle.
I for one hate the handling on my gen-4 becase it sucks at speed and it follows tracks because its not as rigid so it feels shakey and would rather go where the ground points it than where you point it. This makes it kickass on an mx track, but really suck at speed in the desert.
ALL gens are superior to the steelie chassis. Its not really just because of the aluminum frame, but also because of the superior suspension.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Redness

Post by Redness »

dannygraves wrote:with the gen-1 you either LOVE it or HATE it.
a lot depends on your style of riding. the high speed desert style riding the gen-1 it bitchen! its very stable at speed and feels solid. it follows the direction you point it, not the tracks in the dirt/sand whcih means its great in the sand and gravel and mud.
its sucks donkey balls on an MX track or in single track if you are used to how the gen-3 and 4 bikes handle.
I for one hate the handling on my gen-4 becase it sucks at speed and it follows tracks because its not as rigid so it feels shakey and would rather go where the ground points it than where you point it. This makes it kickass on an mx track, but really suck at speed in the desert.
ALL gens are superior to the steelie chassis. Its not really just because of the aluminum frame, but also because of the superior suspension.
That's a good thing it's super rigid. Our tracks for the most part up here are wide open and fast flowing. big transition up hills and down. great step up country. Other then that Loggin roads, and sand dunes. Don't spend much time sitting on the seat anyways. Sitting except in corners means death most times unless riding in sand weight back. Ya'll know how it is.
What we do today echoes for eternity
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

cool, sounds like you will like your gen-1 :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

yup
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Redness

Post by Redness »

dannygraves wrote:cool, sounds like you will like your gen-1 :wink:
If I was still racing things would be different, but the knees can't handle it anymore, so i ride for shits and gigles.

The entire goal here is to build a bike i look at and say to myself "Are you ready for it today" The faster and more spastic the better. 2-stroke for life. Nothing will beat a power band.

let me know $$$ on those parts and we'll get thumpin. cheers guys thanks for all the help much appreciated.
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

I didn't think I was all that tough to get ahold of or work with. I have posted many times saying that I would get back to guys when I had parts in hand, etc. I try to answer every PM I get, although sometimes when i am traveling for work it might have to wait a few days.

I have six complete gen. one kits still available, and many sets of engine mounts beyond that. I do not have extra splitters, heads stays, coil mounts or spacer sets.

I have 10 gen. three head stays coming...hopefully the middle of next week.

I have two sets of covers left, and beyond that I have four additional ignition covers.

After the first of the year, i will be refering you guys to my machinist directly who will be selling the parts from that point on. the prices will be the same i expect, because i am selling the stuff now to cover his costs only...i have not made any profit on these parts after I cover the cost of shipping and I take the 2% hit from PayPal.

Happy Holidays!

Gen. One kit:

Ignition & Clutch Covers:

Gen. Three Headstay:

CR500AC widget maker
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

hey shanman, did you design the gen-3 headstay on a bike that retained the stock lower mount location or on a stretched or new cradle bike? My gen-3 retained the stock lower mounts and ?I will be needing a headstay :wink:
whats the price on the headstay?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

How far forward can you feasibly clock the motor before clearance issues get in the way? (on a late model)
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The headstays were designed on Uncle Crackers bike.... 2002 Gen 3, stock lower frame rails....
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Damn I wish I had the moolah for those ign and clutch covers!! :(
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

M.F.D.B. wrote:How far forward can you feasibly clock the motor before clearance issues get in the way? (on a late model)
I'd say marshalls bike is pretty much there :wink: the lower rad crossover hose will have to be pulled tight to avoid touching the jug, but thats the only interference issue. if I clocked his motor any more the front mount hole would have to go though the cradle.
his bike is like german pussy, gut-en-tite :wink:
he needs to find a headstay though so we can finish her up!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote:
M.F.D.B. wrote:How far forward can you feasibly clock the motor before clearance issues get in the way? (on a late model)
I'd say marshalls bike is pretty much there :wink: the lower rad crossover hose will have to be pulled tight to avoid touching the jug, but thats the only interference issue. if I clocked his motor any more the front mount hole would have to go though the cradle.
There is no in-frame top end option on any gen af is there??

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Sure, pull the motor mount bolts (not the swing arm bolt) and lift the motor up to get the jug off.

You need to pull the head and reed block off.... no biggie.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

M.F.D.B. wrote:
dannygraves wrote:
There is no in-frame top end option on any gen af is there??
if I remember correctly on marshalls I tested this and was able to pull the jug off while the motor was in, but it was so close that if the dowels were stuck in the jug it wouldn't happen. I made his Y a little higher so you can lift the jug high enough and tilt it to get it off the studs, then shift back and slide it off.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

More reason to convert this... :wink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

uh oh, is your yz motor getting tired?? time to do a yz500af? :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Redness

Post by Redness »

ShanMan wrote:I didn't think I was all that tough to get ahold of or work with. I have posted many times saying that I would get back to guys when I had parts in hand, etc. I try to answer every PM I get, although sometimes when i am traveling for work it might have to wait a few days.

I have six complete gen. one kits still available, and many sets of engine mounts beyond that. I do not have extra splitters, heads stays, coil mounts or spacer sets.

I have 10 gen. three head stays coming...hopefully the middle of next week.

I have two sets of covers left, and beyond that I have four additional ignition covers.

After the first of the year, i will be refering you guys to my machinist directly who will be selling the parts from that point on. the prices will be the same i expect, because i am selling the stuff now to cover his costs only...i have not made any profit on these parts after I cover the cost of shipping and I take the 2% hit from PayPal.

Happy Holidays!

Gen. One kit:

Ignition & Clutch Covers:

Gen. Three Headstay:

I'll take a set of covers and the gen 1 kit. let me know price and where i have to send my jake!!!! seriously stoked now. So sickkkk
jEsTer

Re: Gen 1 A/F Conversion Drawings and Instructions!!

Post by jEsTer »

I am finally gettin serious bout doing the AF conversion, probably Gen1. But the links for the drawings and instructions are giving me the 404...

Quick question, anybody put the donor 250 motor into a 500 steel frame? My bike is an '01, so I can't stand the thought of gettin rid of it, or see it just sittin in the gagrage unrideable. Maybe with a 250 motor the wifey will ride it while I enjoy the AF... Just a thought and probably not worth it, but what the hell...

ShanMan how much for your Gen 1 kit?
Rookie20

Post by Rookie20 »

Hey Danny I'm new to the site was reading back on the threads you don't have any Gen 1 kits left do you have any drawings of the parts to make .
Its better to have lobsters on your piano then crabs on your organ.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Gen 1 A/F Conversion Drawings and Instructions!!

Post by AlisoBob »

jEsTer wrote:
I am finally gettin serious bout doing the AF conversion, probably Gen1. But the links for the drawings and instructions are giving me the 404...
Why did this die again....

Oh Moooooooooooooooooo Jooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

:wink:
Rookie20

Post by Rookie20 »

Are you going to try and fix the Gen 1 drawings and instructions so we can check them out.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'll email them to you in the meantime..
Rookie20

Post by Rookie20 »

Sweet that would be great thanks rmilos20@yahoo.com
Rookie20

Post by Rookie20 »

Thanks got the drawings thats great i can get working on them this week
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I didnt send shit yet??

:roll: