Some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids!

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
dannygraves

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids!

Post by dannygraves »

This story makes me sick!

RENO, Nev. - A couple who authorities say were so obsessed with the Internet and video games that they left their babies starving and suffering other health problems have pleaded guilty to child neglect.

The children of Michael and Iana Straw, a boy age 22 months and a girl age 11 months, were severely malnourished and near death last month when doctors saw them after social workers took them to a hospital, authorities said. Both children are doing well and gaining weight in foster care, prosecutor Kelli Ann Viloria told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Michael Straw, 25, and Iana Straw, 23, pleaded guilty Friday to two counts each of child neglect. Each faces a maximum 12-year prison sentence.

Viloria said the Reno couple were too distracted by online video games, mainly the fantasy role-playing "Dungeons & Dragons" series, to give their children proper care.

"They had food; they just chose not to give it to their kids because they were too busy playing video games," Viloria told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Police said hospital staff had to shave the head of the girl because her hair was matted with cat urine. The 10-pound girl also had a mouth infection, dry skin and severe dehydration.

Her brother had to be treated for starvation and a genital infection. His lack of muscle development caused him difficulty in walking, investigators said.

The Straws have been given public defenders. Jeremy Bosler, head of the county public defender's office, declined to comment to The Associated Press on Saturday.

Michael Straw is an unemployed cashier, and his wife worked for a temporary staffing agency doing warehouse work, according to court records. He received a $50,000 inheritance that he spent on computer equipment and a large plasma television, authorities said.

While child abuse because of drug addiction is common, abuse rooted in video game addiction is rare, Viloria said.

Last month, experts at an American Medical Association meeting backed away from a proposal to designate video game addiction as a mental disorder, saying it had to be studied further. Some said the issue is like alcoholism, while others said there was no concrete evidence it's a psychological disease.

Patrick Killen, spokesman for Nevada Child Abuse Prevention, said video game addiction's correlation to child abuse is "a new spin on an old problem."

"As we become more technologically advanced, there's more distractions," Killen said. "It's easy for someone to get addicted to something and neglect their children. Whether it's video games or meth, it's a serious issue, and (we) need to become more aware of it."
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

When I hear shit lke this, I think that both of them should face mandatory steralization..

No kids again..ever....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Check out american's sweethearts..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=90738735

Iana

" I can be a goofy person at times. I do love to cook. and I am good at it too. I like having a few friends, But I don't over do it. Too many friends means too much work. fuck that. My work is cut out already. Between playing the playstation or the xbox, Computer Games, watching movies, playing on the net, taking care of the kids, and Trying to keep up on the house, inwhich never works. I'm too damn lazy. I'm over it.

<> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>

What's Wrong With Our Kids?

Do you really have to ask? Open your eyes. The problem isn't that the next mass murderer may be sitting right next to you, sleeping in your house, eating at your table, giving you every signal of desperation a person can give. The problem is, you don't want to see it. How else does a child become an emotionally alienated, psychologically twisted, mass murderer, unnoticed by everyone?

They don't.

Nobody gets that far gone without anyone noticing. We all recognize behavior that raises our concern. We all know when someone is more than just weird. We see it happening, and yet we ignore it, because if we don’t, we’ll have to take responsibility for doing something about it.

We go to movies filled with violent portrayals of ourselves more as animals than as humans. We know it’s the wrong message, but we ignore it, because if we don’t, we’ll have to take responsibility for doing something about it.

We watch television shows that portray us as vapid, meaningless cretins incapable of intelligence or kindness. We know it’s the wrong message, but we ignore it, because if we don’t, we’ll have to take responsibility for doing something about it.

We clap our hands and stomp our feet to the beat of songs whose lyrics would, if we saw them written on a piece of paper, scare the hell out of us. We know it’s the wrong message, but we ignore it, because if we don’t, we’ll have to take responsibility for doing something about it.

We trust Charlton Heston (a man we’ve confused with his movie roles) when he tells us that owning handguns is patriotic. We know handguns serve only one purpose, to kill human beings, but we ignore it, because if we don't, we’ll have to take responsibility for doing something about it.

We read books that tell us discipline equals love. So we demonstrate our "love" by suffocating our kids with a million rules and regulations. Instead of respecting them as individuals, we control them. Instead of getting to know them, we criticize everything they say and do. Instead of loving them, unconditionally, we judge them.

Children who are loved and respected, are not emotionally alienated. Children who are loved and respected, do not murder people.

As parents, teachers, and human beings, we are responsible for the messages we send, the violence we condone, and the children we raise.

I love my kids..."

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=90487026

Mike

"About me:
to those that are actually viewing my profile, what the hell are you thinking? bah, ok so here it is, i am the mike, also known as captain awsome. i used to work for a living, but have decided that the life of a pirate is for me. as a direct result i have already sailed the seven seas. as you can see by the pic in my background (that appears like magic if you are patient enough) that i have been all over the place. i like my punk rock and my horror flicks. i do not wear make up and i am not depressed, so don't even go there. i have met the devil fish and have lived to tell the tail, it is very unwise to anger the devil fish. i do have hobbies, but i am not going to tell you what they are. you can rest assured that all things that i do are alot more interesting than what you do. i have already been pre-warned of the myspace mafia and the only thing that i have to say about that is that they are nothing compaired to the excellence that is the mike. i have a huge collection of old and rare coins and books, i guess that i will thell thoes who are interested, just mail me and i'll review your case and decide if you are worthy enough, then mail you back. the desert sucks. i have a wife and two kids and they are great. unfortunatly the myspace is not going to consume my full attention so for thoes who want to hear some great sea stories, yer just going to have to wait yer turn. i have loads and loads of pics, but i will take my time uploading them because if i post them all at once, then there will never be anything new on this site... well thats all for now, perhaps i'll type more later. -M

Scumbags....
britincali

Post by britincali »

Amazing :shock: :shock: :shock:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

My new dartboard....
britincali

Post by britincali »

Looks like the bitch is going bald already!
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I wonder if they were tweakers... People don't forget to feed their kids because of video games and myspace, but tweakers do. That chick looks like a tweaker to me.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80