A year not to remember

WTF Happened!!!!
bigpower

A year not to remember

Post by bigpower »

300 miles, I think. Maybe 300. Just a fraction of what yrs past use to be. Guess the fellas war right, it does take a long time to heal from a hernia, from a riding standpoint.

Never the less , I got out for about 40 miles over the weekend. My brother was in town, and though it had been some time(like 20 yrs) since he did any serious trail riding, but he wanted to give 'er a go any way.

Got him outfitted in some boots, hockey pads, etc., and put him on the KDX. We decided to take the old lunch run to the Hideaway in Starvation Lake. Things went well down the big ORV route, he had him a spell of trouble thru some of the big sandy turns, but for the most part, he made some pretty good time.
It all changed on the singletrack though. Now the thing I always tell folks that arent that experienced not to knock yourself out, do what you think you can handle, we'll wait. Well, he didn't do too bad to the first stop on the berry ridge. Good yr for the Blackberrys, we had us some good snackin. My bro was havin a good time, doin what folks that DONT ride dirtbikes can't......Get back up there in them woods and see how much different it is than from the car window.
Next stop, Post 3, he said he was starting to get the feel. We give him some good pointers, warned him about some hazardous areas ahead, and made on our way. Somewhere between Post 3 and Post 4, the bike got some squirrely on him, and he ends up with a broken foot.
Not just your average broken foot at that, he gets to have surgery this friday.
I got to give him credit, though. We got to the bar, had a quick bite, and made haste towards the north end of the orv route. The poor bastard was hurtin some fierce, but we run that last 19 miles back to the house at a decent clip
His wife tells him no more dirtbikin, he says bullshit.

You know, that sumbitch was pissin and moanin saturday afternoon that hwe didn't want to go back downstate and to work on tuesday, careful how ya get your wish, I reckon.

O well, I thought he'd get his ass kicked when he finally decided to try one of the big dogs, but the pup turned out to be the one that used him up. :shock:
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Cool man, it's always nice to get some miles in. A broken foot is a bummer but oh well. I don't like going with newbs but i have, better to blast with peeps that rip.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

Ported&Polished wrote:Cool man, it's always nice to get some miles in. A broken foot is a bummer but oh well. I don't like going with newbs but i have, better to blast with peeps that rip.
X2. I'd rather have a super fast guy wait for me. :lol:
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I don't like being last...
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If your last, who are the other guys?
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

The guy's I ride with are friggin fast I'm about in the middle of the group!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

middle of the pack? I gotta see this, when is the next ride?
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Right after my yard sale!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

teemtrubble wrote:I don't like being last...
I'm usually in the back of the pack with the Trail Kings, but then again, the 50 yr old in our group was the 4 time FL District 8 500cc champ, the other goofball on the CRF conversion, well, lets just say I came upon the 2 of em crashed up on the trail one time. Course, they war there for a spell before I got there, arguing about who's tire was ahead of the others on a 24" trail.

I'm glad I'm not as fast as they. Damn death sentence if ya ask me
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I can hold my own with the group of guys I ride with. I'm talking about have factory or manufacturers sponsers they are pretty fast some of them make a living riding bikes. That's the kind of fast I'm talking about... :wink:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)