Brother sold his crf450, now Canadian customs has it.

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
icediver

Brother sold his crf450, now Canadian customs has it.

Post by icediver »

My brother sold his 2005 crf450 today to a man from Canada. He had spoken with him previously about what paperwork he might need. I confirmed for him that if he was detained outbound from the US, he would only need a bill of sale and a copy of the registration. (no title for off road vehicles in Maine) My Brother had never registered the bike, he did so for the buyer to have a copy of a registration

Buyer leaves the US without incident, but at Canadian Customs, things go down hill. The model sticker on the frame of the bike is missing apparently. Also the sticker that should be on the rear fender is not present. Canada does not like this. There is also an issue with the vin being partially rubbed away by the two cables that run across it.

I guess Canada told him if he could come up with the stickers, they would let it enter Canada.

Where would someone find the stickers?
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

SERVICE HONDA
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Yeah I've seen Honda sell those stickers :shock:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

seems like fender just had a warning sticker, i dont see what relevance that has to anything :roll: . the model sticker on the frame, ive never seen any place that sells that. as long as ALL the vin numbers are readable then who gives a shit. dumb canadians :lol: just kidding
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I flat out will not ship to canada anymore! customs are such a PITA!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
icediver

Post by icediver »

They finally let him take it home. I guess he peeled the model tag off his friends 05 and got a letter from a Honda dealer stating it was for off road use only and they let it slide. Blame Canada!