More "Fantasy" Engines...

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Now theres one , not with 100hp, but 100 ft. lbs. of torque ( and 98h.p.) instead?

Thats even more unbelievable!!!!

Having more torque than h.p. means peak power is occuring below 5252 rpm..

No F-ing way...

Got any idea of what the MEP for that motor must be?

:lmao:

I emailed the company that built it, with some very specific questions..

I'll post up the response..if there is one...
ellett

Post by ellett »

Two stroke BMEP = 74.8 x TORQUE (lb-ft) / DISPLACEMENT (ci)

So, (74.8*100)/29.96= 252 PSI!?

Seems like a lot for NA. But what about NOS?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I wote the guys @ Replika Maschinen, Inc... THe builders of the 100 ft. lb. CR500 motor... and asked them the following questions...

"Don, thank you for your time...

I'm interested in the CR500 engine you built, with 100 ft. lbs torque. I'm a professional hillclimber, and could use such a engine.

You state that it uses allot of stock components and compression ratio. I'm curious how you achieved doubling the output of this engine, it surely cant be through porting alone? The jug I saw looked stock, with no external welding of the transfer port passages....

Do you know the MEP for this level of performance?

Will I need aftermarket ignition?

This was on gasoline..corrrect?

What else is needed, besides the engine rework?

Carb?

Pipe?

Do you have a dyno sheet available, so I can determine the gearing I will need to tun?

I would like a price, and delivery date for such an engine, I have a few events left this season, and would like to run this engine combination at them.

Thanks again

Bob"

Here is the response I received...

"Torque is an indicator of volumetric efficiency, we efficiently filled the cylinder and that in turn produced a lot of lower RPM power. As we changed things, carb size, pipe, etc the power band moved up a bit, RPM increased and power out put changed. What has alway been notable about the RMI Stage II is that it is user friendly until it really get into its power band and then it will pull your arms off. It is still very tractable and has a flat torque curve, it is not peaky. If I remember correctly the gearing is 15/43 not positive right now. With that at Pismo Beach we only had problems with Suzuki 1100 hot rodded engined Quads with big paddle tires, we ran them even. Stock everything except we installed a paddle tire as well. It did out run pro level drag sand rails.
Our RMI Stage I engines are similar just with less power and this is what we suggest of our MX or trail riding customers. Again very tractable, throttle response is improved and controllable.
Yes we can build you a very strong engine. I always tell customers that the stronger their arm and upper body strength is the better. They always think I am full of shit until they get the engines and ride the bike. There is a big difference between a very strong and wide power band engine and the usual high revving peaky two strokes.
There are a couple of things that I would like to do to the engine that I feel would improve power out put. So yes there is room for more. I am working on a CR-500 engine project for a Bonneville record attempt so this could be quite advantages for both of you. Being able to work on two all out project would greatly enhance my ability to develop some interesting pieces.
Don Redmon
RMI"

It dosent contain answers to most of my questions, and suggests that a even more powerful engine is available , beyond the 100 ft.lb / 98hp level.

No dyno chart was memtioned, or supplied.

I guess we will have to wait to see how it performs at Bonneville, but that is WAY more about streamlining and mechanical efficiency, and not about horsepower...

We'll see.....

:eatdrink:

On the web...... http://www.replikamaschinen.com

Any of you REAL Hillclimbers want to take this guy up on his offer to develop his ideas into real hardware?

...........might be interesting
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Reminds me of the talk I used to hear from electrical engineers. I was an electrician in the industrial world and everything I built was drawn up on paper by these engineers. About 2/3rds of what was asked to be made, was not possible. I'm not saying what the dude says is impossible, but from reading the responce to your inquiry, I'd say the guy is more of a theorist than a hands on engine builder. Someone that actually built a motor like this would have real world answers and technical expertise, not a bunch of mumbo jumbo and side stepping responces. I don't like to hear "we" in responces to questions like yours, it gives me the impression the individual didn't do any of the physical work involved, and other people are responcible for the actual building and testing. Either that, or the guy has an ant in his pocket. :)
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Uncle Cracker

Post by Uncle Cracker »

I would like to see the spec's of this engine. A 100 hp would be very hard, a 100 ft pounds of torque would be out of the question. I have seen some info on supercharging 2 strokes, if they are going to run this at the salt flats, thats what I think they are doing. But even with a supercharger, 100 ft. pounds of torque would probably be above the structural limit of the bottom end. I have seen some wild stuff... especially in Sweden, but this would be fun to watch!!!!!!!
Spanky

Post by Spanky »

Sounds to me like the letter was written by a salesman, not a tuner.

He claims that many stock components in the engine are retained. I would be truly surprised if even a handful of stock parts could handle 100 ft/lbs of torque. I doubt that the engine cases are up to the task, and I'd bet that 100 ft/lbs would twist the trans shaft input ends 90 degrees or better before the output ends rebounded. The rapid twist-and-rebound of the shafts each time the engine fires would probably cause the shafts to fail in seconds at full torque output at those levels of power production, assuming the gear teeth were capable of transferring that much torque in the first place without simply shearing off.

Am I way off base here? Are these engines really built strong enough to handle such high power levels? Or is this guy just full of crap?
britincali

Post by britincali »

Spanky wrote:Sounds to me like the letter was written by a salesman, not a tuner.

He claims that many stock components in the engine are retained. I would be truly surprised if even a handful of stock parts could handle 100 ft/lbs of torque. I doubt that the engine cases are up to the task, and I'd bet that 100 ft/lbs would twist the trans shaft input ends 90 degrees or better before the output ends rebounded. The rapid twist-and-rebound of the shafts each time the engine fires would probably cause the shafts to fail in seconds at full torque output at those levels of power production, assuming the gear teeth were capable of transferring that much torque in the first place without simply shearing off.

Am I way off base here? Are these engines really built strong enough to handle such high power levels? Or is this guy just full of crap?

100% agreed.

Even if the cases and gears could hold that kind of tq you think the clutch is gonna hook more than once?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Hey I am sold lets get one :punch:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I used a V-Band clamp tp harness a J-85 into the 89'ers frame.......I'll smoke all of you. Of course, stopping may be an issue.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
Spanky

Post by Spanky »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:I used a V-Band clamp tp harness a J-85 into the 89'ers frame.......I'll smoke all of you. Of course, stopping may be an issue.
LOL...And the last words to ever come out of your mouth will be "Hey man, watch this!"
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

no numbers on paper= bull ship. every tom dick and harry would have this motor if it were real. 100lb of torque on the clutch would immediatly turn the cork/paper lining into a inferno fireball, kevlar plates might last another 7 seconds. doubt the rest of the bottom end would last much longer
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:I used a V-Band clamp tp harness a J-85 into the 89'ers frame.......I'll smoke all of you. Of course, stopping may be an issue.
Post that link of the J-85. " Going out for a bit of fresh air"...

:yikes:
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

I went with a Jato.... lot's smaller
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

Spanky wrote:
LOL...And the last words to ever come out of your mouth will be "Hey man, watch this!"
Not Rosco, the real words would be "Hold my beer and watch this!"
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"