Peeko's eats

List your favorites!!!
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

Ported&Polished wrote:Looks good, and reminds me of something most people don't know. Everyone has heard of the Honey Baked Ham store right? It's an extremely popular place to buy a cooked and ready to go ham, and it is very pricey per pound. And the fact is, it tastes good, and is a quality Virginia ham. I worked for them during the holidays years ago and it was a fun job, lots of young hotties work there, and plenty of cool dudes. Anyways, most folks that buy the ham invision a behind the scenes picture that includes lots of hot ovens and folks carefully basting away the hams for hours. When in fact, there is no honey, the hams are not baked, and there are no ovens or basting. What they do is take smoked Virginia hams, spiral slice them(everyone loves that spiral slice deal), cut them in half, then a guy with a pair of big thick rubber gloves grabs the ham and sticks it on a rack about knee high. Next another person with a 5 gallon propane tank and a hand held torch reaches into a 50 lb bag of granulated sugar with a hand held sifter and proceeds to
shake the sugar through the flame on melt it directly onto the ham. A quick dash of spices is sifted over the gooey delight, and the ham boy (the guy with the thick rubber gloves, which btw are caked with crud), is called over to grab the hot sticky creation and carry it across the room and plop it down on a scale where it is weighed, wrapped in foil, and tagged for sale. Another thing folks don't realize is how during the holidays the place hires several dozen high school kids to pump out the hams for the line of customers that reaches way down the sidewalk and around the bend. Many a ham has been tossed around like a football on a friday night by me and the other workers, and sometimes a ham even gets body slammed and put into a suplex before it gets glazed and sold to your aunt for thanksgiving dinner, bon apetite!
You ruined my vision of that tasty ham! :lol:
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Mashed Hoon'ed Taters

2 pounds peeled Russet potatoes
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
2/3 cup half and half
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Peel and cut potatoes into 1 1/2 inch cubes

Place potatoes in large stockpot and cover with water. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork.

Drain potatoes, return to pot and heat on low until excess moisture has evaporated, about 1 to 2 minutes.

Add cheese, half and half, and butter to the potatoes. Beat the crap out of em with potato masher until smooth. Stir in chopped chives, salt and pepper.

Transfer potatoes to serving bowl and eat.

Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Ported&Polished wrote:Looks good, and reminds me of something most people don't know. Everyone has heard of the Honey Baked Ham store right? It's an extremely popular place to buy a cooked and ready to go ham, and it is very pricey per pound. And the fact is, it tastes good, and is a quality Virginia ham. I worked for them during the holidays years ago and it was a fun job, lots of young hotties work there, and plenty of cool dudes. Anyways, most folks that buy the ham invision a behind the scenes picture that includes lots of hot ovens and folks carefully basting away the hams for hours. When in fact, there is no honey, the hams are not baked, and there are no ovens or basting. What they do is take smoked Virginia hams, spiral slice them(everyone loves that spiral slice deal), cut them in half, then a guy with a pair of big thick rubber gloves grabs the ham and sticks it on a rack about knee high. Next another person with a 5 gallon propane tank and a hand held torch reaches into a 50 lb bag of granulated sugar with a hand held sifter and proceeds to shake the sugar through the flame on melt it directly onto the ham. A quick dash of spices is sifted over the gooey delight, and the ham boy (the guy with the thick rubber gloves, which btw are caked with crud), is called over to grab the hot sticky creation and carry it across the room and plop it down on a scale where it is weighed, wrapped in foil, and tagged for sale. Another thing folks don't realize is how during the holidays the place hires several dozen high school kids to pump out the hams for the line of customers that reaches way down the sidewalk and around the bend. Many a ham has been tossed around like a football on a friday night by me and the other workers, and sometimes a ham even gets body slammed and put into a suplex before it gets glazed and sold to your aunt for thanksgiving dinner, bon apetite!
Good thing this was not a Virginia Ham, nor was it spiral sliced. I dont dig those. I dropped some scratch for the above ham.

For a real nightmare, ask me about my two years working at Denny's before the Air Force. I can tell you whats really in the pancake batter........hooked up with a waitress er two. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I made the Atomic Buffalo turds for the Mizzou-Kansas watch party at my place Saturday night. Big hit, and surprisingly not that hot going down. Substituted cream cheese with chives. Washed down with Blue Moon.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Ronny's Wings

Recipe is coming soon! These are by far THE BEST wings I have ever had. I have had wings all over the place. Seems to be the going thing to douche wings in tabasco sauce = shitty shit! Or coat them in some garbage...

These are HOT! You cannot stop eating them.....they also taste damned good. The taste far outweighs the risk of the burn. If your a beginner, 0300 rolls around...time to pay the piper with some Temple of Doom liquid lava butt piss. Whats not to like??

They do rock! All the GI's up here fancy Ronny's wings. Next time she cooks them I will post a recipe:

Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Holiday Hoon Roast

I just cooked this up, was a bit ify about it. But it came out freaking awesome! I have not had meat that good in a long time. So if you have a smoker and want to impress someone, this is the recipe to use.

FYI, I am in New Mexico and knocked this out with a cheapy Walmart smoker and had excellent results.

What you need:
1) 5 LBS Chuck Roast (I used Boneless Sirloin Roast 7 LBS)
2) 1 Tablespoon Smokey Mesquite Seasoning Mix
3) 1Tablespoon Pepper (fresh ground Peppercorns)
4) 4 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
5) 16 oz bottle of KC Masterpiece Steakhouse Marinade
6) 4 oz (8 Tablespoons) Bourbon Whiskey

At least 12 hours prior to smoking, mix 8 oz (half bottle) of steakhouse marinade and 2 oz of Bourbon Whiskey (4 Tablespoons) into a ziplock bag. Toss Roast into ziplock mix it up real good and put it in the fridge. ***You can marinate the roast longer, its purely up to you. Mine marinated for 26 hours and was awesome!

Fire up the smoker to 250 degree's F. You can use Oak or Pecan. I used Pecan this time around.

In a bowl mix your dry ingredients (Brown Sugar, Pepper and Mesquite Seasoning). Pull the roast from the fridge, remove from ziplock and place on platter. Dust the roast down with the rub you made above (dry ingredients) and rub it into the meat.

***Dont throw away the used marinade, use it as a baste. You can also mix in the remaining 6 oz of unused marinade in with 4 more tablespoons of Bourbon Whiskey.***

When the pit is at 200-250 degrees, put the roast on. Let it cook for 1 hour, then move the meat around to help it cook evenly and baste. From there on out, baste every 30 minutes until you reach an internal temp of 145. Pull the roast for the pit and wrap in foil and allow it to rest for 30-40 minutes. Then cut it up and chow down!!!
Image :headbang: :headbang: :cool:
towman910

Post by towman910 »

If I weren't still full from yesterday, that would even more amazing...
:shock: :shock: :shock: Awesome
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Smoked Brisket:

I just did a 10 pound flat. All that I did was rub it down with some Webers Smokey Mesquite mix. It had Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Peppers in it....Perfect.

Notice the fat cap....this is desirable....leave it alone:

Rubbed Down:

Fire up the pit with some hickory and set the temp for 225. You will want to cook for an internal temp of 195. I cook with the fat cap down for the first hour or so to set the rub in. Then cook fat side up for the remainder of the cook.

When the temp hangs at 165 or so I wrap in foil and continue cooking on the pit till it reaches 195-200 internal temp:

I pulled mine at 197, rewrapped in foil so it could rest and went to bed...was 0200 X-Mas morning. I would let one rest for at least an hour. When carving, cut against the grain the of the meat:

Hoon Fried Turkey!

Get a 10-14 pound turkey and a few gallons of Peanut Oil. Do not use Olive Oil unless you want a cool fire show!!!

Clean the bird up with water...be sure to remove the gizzards and crap from the inside and the neck.

Cut off the extra flaps of skin and the poop-chute....and inject with a primo turkey marinade. I used Jalapeno Butter in the breast and thighs:

Rub it down with some Cajun Rub:

My fryer is electric..Fill with oil to line and set for 400 degree's. Once it comes up to temp, SLOWLY lower the bird in....it will pop and crackle...keep dropping it in.

This was a 10.93 pound bird. Cook time is 10.93 pounds x 3 and plus 5 extra minutes of cook time. Rounded up....its 38:00 minutes cook time. So basically what ever the pound of your bird it x 3 and + 5:00 extra minutes.....easy!

When its done...it will be 180 degrees in internal temp at the breast. Bring it inside and careful not to burn yourself from the dripping oil....carve and eat!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

So when did you say you were coming to Jaw Bone again?
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Prolly after I retire.....I barely have enough time for my family.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Simple Tri-Tip:

While this may not be out of Zoracks Barrel....this will still be a huge hit! I have cooked it several times at gatherings and for the fam....lots of raves

If your not in a state that has Tri-tip readily available, a butcher can hook you up. Thats where I get mine.

Marinade or rub it down at least 12 hours prior to slapping it on the grill. You can use a simple salt and pepper rub and it will still come out good.

Fire up the grill.....I used the ever trusty 22" Weber. I HIGHLY recommend using lump wood over briquettes. Wood burns hotter and cleaner. Plus wood will give you a smoke taste. Pick a side and add wood so you can BBQ using Indirect heat.

My wood......stuff rocks! Kingsford Charwood will work also.

Wood off to one side and light it off.

Let the fire get nice and hot.....throw the meat down and sear it directly over the fire...flip and repeat...then slide it towards the back away from the fire:

Put the lid on....I had the lid damper set at 3/4 way open and the vent off the bottom of the grill 1/2 open....this is good enough to get a good drag going.

Theory behind indirect heat...the weber has a rounded lid obviously, the heat rises and follow's the contour of the lid and hits the meat from above. Versus from under the meat if you were cooking directly over the embers.....which burns the hell out of everything. Its a slow cook but the results are worth while.

Once the meat firms up a bit and looks like its getting close, check it with a meat thermometer.....I pulled the meat off the grill at 145 degree's. Wrapped it in foil and allowed it to rest of 30 minutes. In the foil it will continue to cook another 10 degree's and the juices will get sucked back into the meat.

Pretty good do....had a nice pink smoke ring.....kids tore it up

Always cut against the grain of the meat.....enjoy

Wood tends to burn longer also.....

I threw a frozen pie on while the family was eating......put it right over the fire. A bit different but worked well....heat is heat.....should work out on campin trips.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Banned Riders Cornbread:

I consider myself to be a pretty good judge of Conrbread....had some straight up shit that was dry as hell and some phenomenal stuff at the same time.

I broke ground today and tried for myself with a twist. It came out fantastic....kids and wife were fighting over it.....guess thats good.

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2) Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in skillet. Stir in cornmeal, flour, salt and beat the shit out of it until there are no lumps. Pour batter into the prepared 8 in pan (spayed with Pam).

3) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Excuse the corner missing....Ronny snuck in when I wasn't looking. Good freaking bread.
Last edited by Rosco-Peeko on April 3rd, 2010, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Ah Shit! Meatloaf!

Haven't made this one in a while. Its good and will fill you up. I added a bit of heat to this....so beware...the honey in the glaze balances it out.

What you friggen need:
6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more heat? Kick a little more of this in)
1 teaspoon chili powder ( I used New Mexico HOT Chili Powder, any good Chili Powder will work)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
1 carrot, peeled and busted up
3 whole cloves garlic
1/2 red bell pepper
18 ounces ground chuck (You can use ground Turkey or Buffalo as well)
18 ounces ground sirloin (You can use ground Turkey or Buffalo as well)
1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 egg

The Glaze:
1/2 cup catsup (Hunts)
1 teaspoon ground cumin (If you're not a fan of Cumin, you can omit it)
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash hot pepper sauce (No Tabasco unless you're a fag. I used "Smack my ass an call me Sally" at 750K Scoville units)
1 tablespoon Honey

Now I got all this crap what do I do?
Heat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a food processor bowl or blender, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme. "Pulse" until the mixture is of a fine texture. Dump it into a large mixin bowl.

Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper in the food processor bowl or blender. "Pulse" until the mixture is finely chopped, but not pureed.

Combine the vegetable mixture, ground sirloin, and ground chuck with the bread crumb mixture into mixing bowl. Season the meat mixture with the kosher salt. Add the egg and combine thoroughly, do not squeeze the meat! Just mix it up really good.

Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape. Then flip out upside down onto foil lined baking sheet. After about the forst 15-20 minutes the meat will firm up a bit. Insert a thermometer at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf. Avoid touching the bottom of the tray with the probe. Set the probe for 155 degrees.

Combine the Catsup, Cumin, Worcestershire sauce, Hot Sauce and Honey. Brush the glaze onto the meatloaf after it has been cooking for about 10 minutes. You can also slap it down on the meat after its been cut up. Cook time is around 1 hour and change.

britincali

Post by britincali »

Wheres the wings recipe?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

britincali wrote:Wheres the wings recipe?
You're right, forgot about those....need to get the wife to make them again. Stand by.....
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Hoon Rigatoni:

Fock the Sketti! So I have a 4 kids, my son whom is 14 steals my shoes (size 11) and eat more than I do....by a lot.

I did a big batch to last a few days...still good to to nuke an eat a day or two later...unlike spaghetti.

What you will need:
3 boxes of Barilla Rigatoni
2-2.5 jars Sketti sauce...with mushrooms will work
1 can of Mario "large" Olives or more if you really fancy olives
Some rubbed Sage
Bay leaves
Crushed garlic...not the fake horseshit McCommicks sells, the real stuff in tubs with the juice and smashed up garlic and shit in it
Onions...white...chop some up...add to meet your liking
I added some dried jalapenos for a bit of bite...reconstitutes with liquid
1-2 pounds of packages of lean turkey meat...gauge on how much meat you like and if you have a mangina or not. I would use beef but they are hippie fed crap with pot and cancer stricken voice thingies they hold to their neck to go moo. I gotta wait till Dec for my 1/2 damned cow fed on of organic stuff and grass.
I bought what I would presume to be real Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses..the shit in the green shakers tastes like garbage and it prolly not real, most likely recycled cardboard homeless peeps houses.
Fock dood! Thats a lot to 'member...what to do?

Get a big assed vat throw a bunch of water in it crank the burner up to 7 er 8...throw the rigatoni in...let it go

Brown the turkey up in a skillet....drain juice...add browned up meat to bigger skillet...pretty important...throw in 2-2.5 jars of you favorite sketti sauce in, add pinch or sage, a few bay leaves, copious amounts of garlic...for me...no such thing as too much garlic...add to taste or families pallet. Then throw some jalapenos in, olives to desired amount maybe kick it up a notch with some cayenne...careful tho. Stir and simmer on low heat...give it time to meld...all flavors mixing...no fast cooking here.

Crank oven up to 400 degrees and let it sit.

Test rigatoni noodles and stir so they dont burn at bottom of vat. If they taste rubbery or like day old Hubba Bubba with a hangover....let it go a bit longer... Test often...dont overcook!

When noodles are done...pull and drain in colander..add to desired serving platfrom....must need oven safe shit here. Throw rigatoni in serving dish...add sauce to desired amount...stir it up really good

Sprinkle Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses over top to desired amount...maybe a bit of parsley on top of cheese? Your call.

Throw it in the oven to melt cheese...pull out of oven when cheese is fully melted...dont fuck up and burn it...will taste like shit and the fam will cut your nuts off.

Serve:

Garlic bread goes good with this......
Rosco-Peeko

Summer Cookout

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Prerequisite....Weber grill...proven...flawless....dont be a gas fag... Webers have been an American standard for a shit load of years. A lot longer than I have been around. They are not too expensive, they hold heat extremely well and the contour of the lid promotes excellent results while using indirect heat. And they are very mobile!

BBQ'ed Butternut and Acorn Squash:

So I snagged a few Acorn Squash and a Butternut...wife is Korean and she eats veggies like there is no tomorrow so I thought I would throw this out there. Some really dig squash...I dont mind it really..makes the beer taste funny tho but its good for you.

So! I got one healthy Butternut and 2 Acorn Squash. Lop the ends off and de-seed. You will need a SHARP knife, the Butternut will fight you a bit

Next rub them down with olive oil, pepper and kosher salt to taste.... Cook with indirect heat.

INDIRECT HEAT...that means SLOW cook on the other side the of grill from wood/coals. This give's flavors a chance to meld. Plus if you're working with wood/lump...you'll get a smokey flavor and probably a nice smoke ring in the meat. The meat will be juicy and soft which is desirable.

Unless your this guy, then it does not matter..

DIRECT HEAT means fast cooking right over the heat = slim cuts of meat. Dont pay attention you'll end up with a meteor burned to a crisp on one side and raw on the other or in the middle. Hoons will want to lynch your ass after they stop pukin. BUT, for large cuts of meat I do sear them right over the coals, this help's set the rub and seal the juices in a bit. Then I use indirect for the rest of the cook.

Cook over indirect heat with lid on for about 30 minutes or so....dont flippen peep! You let all the hot air out and not really grillin...have a coke and smile and let it go...unless you have a Hamburg like firestorm under the lid.

After 30 minutes has surpassed, yank the squash...make the glaze
1/2 bar of butter
1/4 cup of no BS honey
1/4 Teaspoon Chipotle Powdered Pepper
2 Teaspoons Curry Powder
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar

Coat em down nice! Now is a time to be a good judge...if your fire was colds during first phase...the honey will carmelize...not good. Make sure they are half way done and add back to fire...INDIRECT. In other words, they need to be halfway cooked before adding glaze....got it?

30 Min later..a knife should slip through and back out with no problems...done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hoon Chops/Chicken breast

This will rock you! However, I cannot take credit. Bob turned me onto the marinade

Need:
Thick cut chops..... pick up the ecno pack and you really suck. Thick cut is the way to go
Organic shit-free chicken breasts
Soyvay very Teriyaki marinade:
http://www.soyvay.com/index.php?main_pa ... &chapter=0

Get a tupperware bowl large enough to accommodate and add meat then marinade...shake well and toss in the fridge and forget about it for 24 hours. You can use a big ziplock as well.

Get the grill fired up with lump wood....not charcoal...not gas. I have used Wicked Good Charcoal (carbonized wood) Weekend Warrior for a few years now. In terms of smoke rings, heat and taste....its unbeatable. I get it locally.
http://www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com/

Science geek time...feel the meat...be one with it. The meat will tell you when its done with out stabbing or piercing the shit out of it. Those 3 breasts are done and so it the one chop. When moving meat you will feel how "firm" it is. If its browned up really nice and looks good but acts like a wet noodle when moved....its raw on the inside and you need to adjust your heat (lower) or move meat further away from coals. If you like your stuff rare....sear up both sides right over the fire (really hot fire...stick your hand over it...if its hot enough that you cant hold your hand there for 2 seconds...this will work) and yank em off. I did that for a friends Rib Eye, looked very nice but was moo'ing as he was cutting into it....he liked it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wild Caught Salmon

I picked up a few steaks WITH SKIN ON for the family. I wanted to do something simple rather than smoking them and eating as a appetizer.

Wash the steaks down good with fresh water and put on plate.

I added a butter, dill, lemon marinade and let it sit 15 minutes before grilling.

The grill was already going. I made a tray out of tin foil for the fish to sit in and again and as always indirect heat. Laid the steaks on the foil (Skin Side DOWN) and added Alder Wood chips to hot coals and closed lid.

Dont think you can smoke with a weber?

When its done it should flake pretty easily and you will see white stuff exiting the meat at top....that is the proteins being cooked out and a sure sign its near done. When it is finished...use a spatula and the steaks will readily separate from the skin....let it sit for 10 min and then eat.

Dont like Buttery dill types of things? Rub the steaks down with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, Peppa..cut up some lemons and onions and place along the top of the steaks...grill.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

"Prerequisite....Weber grill...proven...flawless....dont be a gas fag... Webers have been an American standard for a shit load of years. A lot longer than I have been around. They are not too expensive, they hold heat extremely well and the contour of the lid promotes excellent results while using indirect heat. And they are very mobile!"

X491

I don't own a gas grill I have 4 webers in various sizes and they rock, I start them with the Chimney and if I want it going fast blast my leaf blower under there, pretty much always have the fire on one side, cook on the other. You can choke a weber and keep her working all day, smoke with it, whatever you need it to do the weber has you covered. All my buddies have bought gas grills and half of them I have shamed back to the real deal.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If you EVER go to Chicago... you have to eat here

http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/

Its not a gimmick.... EVERYTHING on the menu is cooked on a Weber.

Unreal Good......

:twisted:
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Beer Can Chicken

Beer this time around is a modified crap beer can:

Rubbed some breast down with chipotle/limon = huge hit!

Cleaned the young chicken up under water...lathered up in olive oil and used copious amounts of Webers Kickin Chicken rub. I also dumped some in the beer.

Lite that shit off! Weekend warrior lump:

I shoved the half full beer can up the chicken's poop chute and let it go its flanked by chipotle breasts:

I made a foil bowl and threw some peppers in...peppers are good for your blood:

I had the heat on low. So some of the breasts finished up first....freaking kick azz as always:

Working it and watching the temp:

Almost.... I threw the garlic bread down:

I pulled at 165 degrees internal temp off the tit:

I still had a helluva hot fire going. Wife wrapped up form Korean Yams...good complex carbs:

All is done....

I am a whupped dood....going to chill out, have a red and watch the kids play... Ny gym workout really beat the piss out of me today.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Wife's Birthday Bash eats.....

Yep, thats what it was...my wifes Birthday party and we had a load of people over. So this post will have multiple do's in it...

I am a generous guy. When I have people over, I go all out...so does the wife. Some people expect that and come starving for some reason--borderline freeloading but not as bad as the vanquished "Adams Family." Those of you that know me...know whom I am referring.

So with that, I wanted an appetizer that would slow folks down. If not they'll have a helluva time dropping a deuce the next day. Onward...

Cheese/Sausage Dip

What you need:

You can prolly get away with 3/4 of the meat I have here. It was pretty thick and won raves. You can also kick it up a notch and add hotter salsa.

The sausage came pre-cooked so I dumped it in the crock-pot with the olives and salsa

Brown up the beef, drain and add to the crock pot.

In another skillet add the 2 pounds of velveta and melt slowly. Once done, pout it into the crock-pot mix it all up and set to keep warm or low.

Teriyaki Chicken and Chops
This always pulls in really good good reviews! I had had a guys wife confront him in front of me saying, "Why cant you BBQ like this..." I snickered a bit but felt bad. I like grillin....

What you will need:
Chicken breasts..how ever many you want
Thick Cut chops...not the skinny ones...like at least an inch thick.

The marinade:
I cannot take credit for this one. Bob turned me onto this several years back. Good find Bob..

With the chops I will marinade them for over 12 hours easy..usually the night before.

Chicken I go a bit less, it seems to dry out a bit if you push it too long in this marinade. 12 hours max but more than 4 hours.

Cooking....easy....use indirect heat and dont be in a flippin hurry. Indirect lets the marinade "set" also versus burning it off over a hot flame. The meat will tell you when its done. It will firm up and be a bit springy...no need to pierce the crap out of it. The only time I use a thermometer is with large cuts like a roast, tri-tip....etc.

Done! We slice everything up thin-like. This gives everyone a chance to get some rather than the greedy bastages gettin in there and taking whole slabs. In this pic I have London Broil, Chicken Breast and Chops.

Stuffed Mushrooms

Now that my wood had burned off to a smaller pile and the heat dropped off as well. I wanted to work on a side. The rest of the guests brought sides also so this melded right in.

I will post the recipe for 12. I did 24 so just double the quantities accordingly.

What you need
Foil
12 Large brown mushrooms with stem intact
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese (room temp)
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese...I chopped mine up fine after grating.
1/4 Teaspoon Fresh ground Pepper (peppermill)
1/4 Onion Powder
1/4 Cayenne Pepper..more if you like bite.

De-stem all mushrooms and wash throughly. Take stems and chop them up finely on cutting board.

Mix chopped up stems, garlic and vegetable oil into pan...saute on low heat to soften them up and allow flavors to meld..DO NOT BURN.

Mix everything in bowl, then scoop out some spoon and stuff backsides of all mushrooms.

On backside of grill I laid foil down for mushrooms to sit on. Do this away from the heat and on a lower temp...say 300-350. Throw the lid on and let it go about 20 min.

When you start to see oil from the mushrooms on foil...they are really close. I waited till I say "small" shrivel marks on sides of mushrooms. An indicator they were fully cooked. The stuffing took a slight brown hue from smoke/heat = perfect

Done!

These went very fast! Will have to do them again.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Stuffed Breasts

I like chicken! I had my wife make the dressing for these, which I do not have the recipe. Use what you like..stove top whatever.

Get some good side breasts and slice em open like a Pita...stuff em full.

Fire up the weber and place the breasts right along the back of the grill. This will cook the breasts very slow and cook the stuffing faster.

As the stuffing looks likes its done..scoot breasts in closer to fire to finish the breasts off.

Done, grab a fat beer and enjoy!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Ju say ribs?

I snagged a few racks of baby backs a while and they came out awesome!  Here is what I did:

I had 4-5 good side racks that are marbled a bit and not too much fat. I got them home and unwrapped them...flipped them over to the concave side. Jabbed a fork under the white membrane till I could peel it up enough to get a finger in there and rip the membrane completely off the backside of the ribs I did this to every rack. Why you may ask? It helps the smoke penetrate both sides of the meat...and who wants to eat membrane?

Next I rubbed them down with some store bought rub:
http://www.stonewallkitchen.com/shop/sp ... 10311.html

I liked this rub because I like things on the hot side. Plus it had sugar...sugar carmelizes and seals up the meat. I like it, worked well. So coat both sides of all the racks down..rub it in. I stacked the ribs up with wax paper between them, wrapped them up in butcher paper and tossed em in the fridge for 12 plus hours.

Once the grill was up to temp, I left the bottom damper @ 1/2 and top damped on lid 1/4 open. and tossed the ribs in the back and started a slow cook.

You can see some of my ribs on there with my beer can chickens. The contour of the weber forces the heat along the grill and hits the meat from the top and bottom...cook indirect.

After a couple of hours, check the racks they should start to firm up a bit and the meat will start to pull away from the bone at the ends.

From here, coat the ribs down heavily with your BBQ sauce of choice and foil the ribs up...and put them back on the grill for an hour'ish. Make sure you're putting the lid back on..lol

After and hour or 45 min has passed, open up the foil and your ribs should like like they were cooking in their juices/BBQ sauce stick ribs back on grill without foil and coat again in BBQ sauce...wait about 20 minutes and pull them. Let them cool off then ct em up

Dig the smoke ring I got, then meat fell off the bone. Not my wifes legs...the ribs.... This was just some of them..the rest were not finished yet.

One thing to understand is the meat will tell you when its done without you piecing the heck out of it or pulling it apart This mainly goes toward steaks chicken and ribs...
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Man..... lookin' at all that.....my hunger sensor hit the rev limiter....

I just tossed some N/Y steaks on the grill.....

Good job Ron!!!!