AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Chachi's kid at Speedway.....

Post by AlisoBob »

lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

very Nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

:cool:
chachi243

thanks

Post by chachi243 »

its pretty crazy to see him shredding on handbuilt machinery.....putting my afc skills to use on another application.....nothing like an 8 horsepower chromo rocket with no brakes for your 10 year old hehe
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

River McDugal... Feet up...and Flying!
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

That kid was rippin' on Saturday night! :shock:

RP
chachi243

yeah it was gnarly

Post by chachi243 »

Thanks Robbie.... he is pretty jazzed about the first turn frenzy and the close competition and cheering crowd..... supermoto and road racing dont quite provide the instant gratification that winning a 4 lap race at costa mesa speedway does.....i been on his ass about looking around when he is riding which is funny because at the north versus south it will be a team riding format, so you actually DO want to look and see just where your teammate is (or hope he is lookin for you) before you just run off with it.....
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

Yeah, I saw the whole pile up go down. :shock: We are always standing on the other side of the wall in turn two, if Im not moochin' off of Bob at his box. He provided some great racing and that bike he is on just shreds. :headbang:

RP
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Very cool... :cool:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
chachi243

suhweet

Post by chachi243 »

Thanks Mike! thats a great pic Bob..... i think its off the costa mesa website.... that was crazy when they started all 6 of them in that first heat race!!! 3 riders are D1 juniors and 3 are D2 juniors and River got 2nd!!! Epic!!! well Scopiletti did lose a chain.... we went to auburn this last weekend and spanked the northern cali juniors in the team format.... what a cool night that was at auburn!!! River had two heat wins and 2 thirds in his other 2 heats..... funny thing was that besides his teammate Samuel Ramirez, there was only one 200 upright styled bike and the rest were on full on jawa 250's!!! I guess i better start working on a "real" motor for our bike!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Your kid did awsome man, I was rooting for him the entire race :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
chachi243

thanks Brit

Post by chachi243 »

i am pretty stoked, and a little amazed myself...he is on cloud nine with the kids and fans and everyone giving him the thumbs up.....im pretty sure after we wrap up our supermoto season this year (our 3rd full season) he is going to want to ride speedway more and his 65 less..... he really likes the fast races and close battling that he hasnt had much of lately in supermoto.... guys like Robie P chipn in for the kids races and fans like you guys stopping by the pits to say "great racing" is what makes the speedway scene so special.....we were supposed to "try out" the new bike at the gumball rallye and race like 4 events this fall.... we've ran 6 events so far and will probably be at the 10-12 mark by seasons end so we are stoked that we've found the budget to make a few more races than we originally anticipated.....damn gas prices!!!!!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

priceless bro priceless congrats!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Power_Stand

Post by Power_Stand »

Raced a bit of Speedway myself, hay that kids got talent, feet up, he’s got that feeling. :cool:
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

The kid killed it again tonight, even starting at the penalty line. Met up with his Dad after the event and told him when ever he's ready to try a hillclimber out, please let me know. :D

RP
britincali

Post by britincali »

Right on ! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
chachi243

bitchen'

Post by chachi243 »

was good seeing you there Robie..... River was embarrassed a little as its not often a world champion comes right up and says "if you ever want throw a leg over a hillclimber, let me know bud"...... he was like " Hey Dad... you're never gonna believe this......." It made his night and he thought he was a really big deal.......he said "probly cause i won both main events today"......i was cracking up....
that was his first time ever being penalized for touching the tapes and i couldnt believe where he was already in the first turn.......

we'll be back on the 13th at the next amatuer afternoon and into the evening program as well.....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

River tore it up at Costa Mesa Speedway , once again!

This kids rides with so much heart, you gotta see it!

I "Paypal-ed" Chachi some $$$ to help keep Rivers program going until the end of the season....

... I know times are tight, but if you could do the same, even if its only $5 , I'd appriciate it...

Rivers a good kid off the bike, and Sean is doing this for all the right reasons....

River, Thanks for the Autograph!

Bob

Send to: chachi243@sbcglobal.net
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

It was a awesome night of racing, he even came from the penalty line to take 2nd. He had that little bike wound up tight and was riding hard to catch Joey Holt (on a much bigger bike), one more lap and he would have had him. Thanks for the hospitality Bob at the box, foot looks great. :D I'll be sending some support his way. :wink:

RP
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

rpeterson wrote:I'll be sending some support his way. :wink:

RP
Your awesome Robie.....

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
chachi243

dudes

Post by chachi243 »

both you guys are the sheezzyy.....River is so stoked and to have guys like yous guys telling him way to go is like throwing fuel on the fire!!!! we're gonna hit the track finale at industry this wednesday, and then saturday am at costa mesa for amatuer day and also sat night..... we also got a new 150 in there, look out D1!!!! Sean
rpeterson

Re: dudes

Post by rpeterson »

chachi243 wrote:both you guys are the sheezzyy.....River is so stoked and to have guys like yous guys telling him way to go is like throwing fuel on the fire!!!! we're gonna hit the track finale at industry this wednesday, and then saturday am at costa mesa for amatuer day and also sat night..... we also got a new 150 in there, look out D1!!!! Sean
I won't be able to make it out this week to the races because I'm headin' to Idaho for the Hillclimb. Tell River he's getting a big fan club and that I need one of those cool posters like Bob has for my shop. :D Good luck, be safe and have fun! Catch ya guys at the next one. :wink:

RP
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

AlisoBob wrote:
rpeterson wrote:I'll be sending some support his way. :wink:

RP
Your awesome Robie.....

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Remember when I was cheering for the kid on the Suzuki JR 50 at Speedway. Here are some Old School shots of me riding mine. The first photo is from The Widowmaker in 1982, I must have climbed that bank a million times that weekend. The other shot is from Yorba Linda in a dirt lot next to the house where I grew up back in 1983. Dad's helmet was a little big for me. :lol:

RP
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Your greatness is visable, even in that lower early shot...

Give em' Hell on the hill Robie!

Bob