CR 250 lighting options.

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
NightBiker07

CR 250 lighting options.

Post by NightBiker07 »

looking to find some lighting options for the 250's. year doesnt matter yet, just trying to get a place to buy the stuff at to convert a bike to dual-sport.
Want to make sure i can do what i want before buying a bike.

i cant find anything over 70 watt lighting coils for these bikes, depending on the year.
anyone know how to get something around 150W?

or, could i run 2 smaller lighting coils, one to the Headlights, and 1 to the turn signals/taillight/brakelight/plate light?
only problem i can see with this is how to wire this. handlebar switches i have looked at seem to have 1 power input, and then divide the power up to the Headlight, taillight, and turn signals and horn.

any help would be appreciated.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Run all LED marking, turn, and brake lights.... Their power consumption is super low.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

dont LED's need DC power?
if so, then i would need to run a voltage regulator/converter into a battery, then run the electrical off that, correct?

when i get the coil, how exactly are they installed? i know how they work, but exactly how to install something like this in such a cramped spot is new to me. would a model specific coil basically bolt right on?
would it be a separate piece, or a whole stator assembly?

Thanks!
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

doesn't the E-Line setup put out something like 100 watts continuous and a peak of 180 or so?
CR500AC widget maker
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

Here is a great place for dualsport parts

http://www.procycle.us/
Member #1 Obama haters club (join below)
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... highlight=

If it ain't a CR500, your not worthy!!!
Friends don't let friends ride steelies!

Parenthood is a controlled state of insanity!!!!