Oregon Powersports

Send your stuff here, to companies you can trust!!!!!
juddy

Oregon Powersports

Post by juddy »

Tell me guys,do I have reason to be pissed ? I e mailed Shawn via E bay and made him an offer of $1300 US for the engine he had advertised as I was having trouble finding one here.The guy who actually won the bid missed out on it as Shawn done a dodgy on him and didnt send the motor.Check this link to see the desciption of engine http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0202500597 and this one to see the e bayers response http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ ... dback:3:us
The engine didnt arrive in OZ and he wouldnt provide a tracking number so I filed a claim with paypal.He then finally gave me a tracking number and I could see it was in customs so I foolishly ended the claim.Now I cannot reopen it.Check out these pics and tell me whether it matches the engine description in e bay,bearing in mind I checked with a Honda dealer and the engine is a 93 model,and also there was no mention of a bogged up RHS crankcase http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vmvvy8&s=3 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=am5pw4&s=3 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29erhau&s=3
I found Shawns phone numbers,and when I spoke to him he agreed that he should refund me.Then he apparently changed his mind and would no longer answer calls or e mails.I persevered and maybe got the time differences mixed up and called him a few times in the middle of the night :lol: Im so sorry Shawn !!! I have given him plenty of opportunity to do the right thing,I said that maybe he could just supply me with a piston kit and crankcase.When you read this Shawn,you know you have yourself to blame.You know I have told the truth,and the evidence is all here.Lets hope you dont do the same to others.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

is this guy a member here ?
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ive never seen that guy around here. with that said, if i won a cr500 motor on ebay for $760, i would expect there to be something wrong with it. anybody that has knowledge of these motors would never sell a "good" one for that low of price. sorry to hear your bad situation
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

clyde, you must not shop around much I bought my whole running '86 for $730 and thats about going rate for one. a running motor with an unknown history should go for around 500-700. a fully documented rebuilt and not on its last bore motor should be like $1000-1500
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

nothing wrong with the '85-'89 motor, but their not the most desirable in the eyes of most poeple...and can be found cheaper. freeemr has his '87 for $1000 obo, theres a '91 i seen 2 days ago for $1000 obo but will definatly need some money put into it for rebuild...so ya i agree sort of with what your saying, and good deals can be found occasionaly if you look around. but this guy was "supposedly" buying a good '93 for $760....if i had a "good" '93 cr5 motor, i wouldnt sell it for a penny less that $1000, and depending how "good" it was, probly more around $1200+
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, good point...
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'd be pretty frickin' pissed....

:evil: :evil: :evil:

lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Bob is the seller a member here ?
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

thats an OOOLD wiseco too, you can tell by the machined sides that have that wave, they go all the way to the exhaust side! :evil:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, definitly not a freshly rebuilt '94. Of coarse I won't buy a motor on ebay without assuming its a good pair of cases with trans shafts and head and everything else MIGHT have to be replaced.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ou812

Post by ou812 »

You have learned a lesson the hard way, never close out a claim until you see the goods in person. sorry about your problem
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

lewisclan wrote:is this guy a member here ?
Na, just some rip-off artist.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I just sold an 85 CR500 minus exhaust and tank and the motor needs work but is in way better condition than that for $200.00!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

damn dude!
you need to give me a call before you do THAT again! I'll come pickup a broke down '80s bike for twice that! :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

dannygraves wrote:damn dude!
you need to give me a call before you do THAT again! I'll come pickup a broke down '80s bike for twice that! :D
easy bro we are getting a bro set up with a 500. I droped off the 95 roller this morning along with the pink & case splitter .
Last time I talked to Bruce he was talking like he was going to get the 85 runing and put it back into its own frame, is there any chance of getting the pipe ?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

the JB welded kickstarter :evil: . ya id send it back, wrapped in 2lb of dog shit :lol:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

lewisclan wrote:
dannygraves wrote:damn dude!
easy bro we are getting a bro set up with a 500. I droped off the 95 roller this morning along with the pink & case splitter .
Last time I talked to Bruce he was talking like he was going to get the 85 runing and put it back into its own frame, is there any chance of getting the pipe ?
:miss:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

That was kinda pointed towards Mike
juddy

Post by juddy »

Yeah definately learnt the hard way.But when an engine is advertised like that I expected that It'd be getting a fully rebuilt engine that had done minimal work....and no cracked cases !!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Sorry Judd about that asshole... Good news I sent you the info for the tubing.

Danny that was a bro deal.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
juddy

Post by juddy »

Yeah thanks Mike,much appreciated.You have no idea how many calls I have made in Aust trying to get hold of this stuff.